News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

T @thomasw100 I guess we will see a new release soon. Bring on the Styracosaurus!

Faelrin

I think a break, or even delay is fine. They've put out an insane amount of figures between now and early 2023. A total of 33 genera so far, and counting.

Edit: By contrast PNSO has only done 16 figures excluding remakes of Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, and Yangchuanosaurus. If we include Saurophaganax as remake of Allosaurus, then would be 15. Granted they've slowed done quite a bit as of late. Late 2020 and 2021 were their peak years I think. So those years had 30 (ignoring remakes of Mamenchisaurus, Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus), which is more directly comparable. As far as variety in the past two years goes from PNSO they've released 3 saurophodomorphs, 10 theropods, 1 stegosaur, 1 ankylosaur, and 1 ornithopod (ignoring remakes). Between 2020 and 2021 they released 8 theropods, 2 stegosaurs, 3 ankylosaurs, 3 ceratopsians, 1 pachycephalosaur, 5 ornithopods, and 8 non dinosaurs, with a mix of marine reptiles, fish, and a mammal.

Here's the complete list of genera they've done figures of in this time frame, by group:

Spoiler
Sauropods (6 total):
-Alamosaurus
-Amargasaurus
-Ampelosaurus
-Apatosaurus
-Camarasaurus
-Mamenchisaurus

Theropods (7 total):
-Allosaurus
-Baryonyx
-Carnotaurus
-Daspletosaurus
-Deinocheirus (collab by GR Toys? sold by Haolonggood on their amazon store and elsewhere though)
-Dilophosaurus
-Megaraptor

Stegosaurs (3 total):
-Dacentrurus
-Stegosaurus
-Wuerhosaurus

Ankylosaurs (5 total):
-Edmontonia
-Euoplocephalus
-Gastonia
-Saichania
-Tianzhenosaurus

Ceratopsians (7 total):
-Chasmosaurus
-Diabloceratops
-Kosmoceratops
-Nasutoceratops
-Pachyrhinosaurus
-Pentaceratops
-Sinoceratops

Ornithopods (4 total):
-Edmontosaurus
-Maiasaura
-Ouranosaurus
-Tlatolophus

Non dinosaur (1 total):
-Otodus megalodon

[close]

Honestly I am pretty impressed with the current options already (never mind the remaining few more that were planned). Most figures either have two, sometimes three colorations. The only other companies I can think of that do that are Rebor and Nanmu, which don't exactly have this kind of diverse selection of dinosaurs (and sometimes non dinosaurs). There might be some anatomical quirks here and there, but considering a good lot of these were animals folks have been requesting for years now, and no one else has stepped up to the plate, I'm very appreciative. And who knows, maybe if theirs sell well, it may inspire competing companies to produce figures of a particular genera in the future, they themselves weren't willing to take the risk with as of late (such as Ouranosaurus and Maiasaura for example, etc). And the more options of a particular animal, the better.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

thomasw100

Quote from: Faelrin on September 01, 2024, 08:23:10 PMHonestly I am pretty impressed with the current options already (never mind the remaining few more that were planned). Most figures either have two, sometimes three colorations. The only other companies I can think of that do that are Rebor and Nanmu, which don't exactly have this kind of diverse selection of dinosaurs (and sometimes non dinosaurs). There might be some anatomical quirks here and there, but considering a good lot of these were animals folks have been requesting for years now, and no one else has stepped up to the plate, I'm very appreciative. And who knows, maybe if theirs sell well, it may inspire competing companies to produce figures of a particular genera in the future, they themselves weren't willing to take the risk with as of late (such as Ouranosaurus and Maiasaura for example, etc). And the more options of a particular animal, the better.

We see the effect you mention already with the PNSO Camarasaurus and Wuerhosaurus.

Sim

I hope for something new from Haolonggood soon.  I'm not excited for their Styracosaurus as I have PNSO's, but because Styracosaurus is already well-represented in figure form, I think Haolonggood's will have interesting colour schemes!  Einiosaurus and Xenoceratops I don't have a desire to have a figure of, but I could be swayed if their colouration appeals to me.  Huayangosaurus and Utahceratops are the ones I'm eagerly waiting for!  And who knows if some of the other species Haolonggood has showed they will do will be coming soon, Hungarosaurus, Udanoceratops, the two large sauropods, the theropods?

thomasw100

Paleofiguras posted pictures of the designer edition of the Stegosaurus ungulatus. Quite frequently release of these designer editions has foreshadowed a regular Haolonggood release. Maybe we will get to see something soon.

Turkeysaurus

Me checking out stegosaurus designer editions:

Sim

I like the designer edition Stegosaurus more than its regular releases.  Out of the regular colour versions, two of them are extemely colourful and the other is dull.  I've got the dull one because the other two were too extreme for me, but I'm not very happy with the one I have as its colouration is so similar to the PNSO museum series Stegosaurus.  Besides the fact that the only prototype colouration that I liked was the one that didn't get produced, the one I liked was also intermediate between dull and very colourful which is why I think it would have been worth using it instead of one of the very colourful versions.  With it, you offer three types of colouration, having something to suit all preferences, I think.  I know people might not want to read this, and it's an old topic, but I have to say I'm disappointed with how the colourations were decided for the Haolonggood Stegosaurus.

That aside, I was a little concerned as we hadn't heard from Haolonggood for a while.  Hopefully these designer editions come before a new regular release or two.

vampiredesign

I'm very sorry for not being here for a long time. I have worked with many designers and experts, and the development and design process of the new model has taken longer. There are still many upgrades to the manufacturing process. Some products may be overturned and redesigned, while others may experience delays. It is difficult to clarify many standard answers, there are many controversies and discussions, experts have their own ideas, and designs also have their own ideas. Many tasks require verification and integration. Everything is moving in a better direction, please allow us more time to adjust. We have already started developing and designing plans for next year, and we are working hard to create better works. Thank you all.

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on September 10, 2024, 09:21:30 AMI'm very sorry for not being here for a long time. I have worked with many designers and experts, and the development and design process of the new model has taken longer. There are still many upgrades to the manufacturing process. Some products may be overturned and redesigned, while others may experience delays. It is difficult to clarify many standard answers, there are many controversies and discussions, experts have their own ideas, and designs also have their own ideas. Many tasks require verification and integration. Everything is moving in a better direction, please allow us more time to adjust. We have already started developing and designing plans for next year, and we are working hard to create better works. Thank you all.

Good to hear from you and we are all looking forward to the next release. To be fair, it is admirable how much you have improved in terms of quality of your models (sculpt and paint designs) in just a year. Many releases from this year were an instant buy for me, especially the sauropods. You are the only company which produces large 1:35 sauropod models.

My only suggestion would be that you get some paleontologists on board as scientific advisors, if you have not already done this. This would help to make the models even more scientifically accurate and (more important) would make it possible to transparently explain how a dinosaur model was reconstructed from the available fossil evidence.

Finally I hope that the plans for next year will include the two large sauropods, which were shown in the teaser image at the beginning of this year. I am sure that they would sell as well as the Alamosaurus and Mamenchisaurus models.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: vampiredesign on September 10, 2024, 09:21:30 AM
Quote from: thomasw100 on September 10, 2024, 09:39:25 AMFinally I hope that the plans for next year will include the two large sauropods, which were shown in the teaser image at the beginning of this year. I am sure that they would sell as well as the Alamosaurus and Mamenchisaurus models.

Yes more 1/35 large sauropods please. I got my Alamosaurus today. It's magnificent.

bmathison1972

Your list above avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin shows how they are nicely spreading out major taxonomic groups and not focusing so heavily on one or another!

Faelrin

B @bmathison1972 Yeah I think they are doing a stellar job with that, and I hope to see it continue. That said, I would also like to see them tap into more non-dinosaur groups in the future like pterosaurs and marine reptiles at the very least.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on September 10, 2024, 02:55:40 PMYes more 1/35 large sauropods please. I got my Alamosaurus today. It's magnificent.

Congrats to getting the Alamosaurus, this giant is really great. If you get a chance for a similar deal, I would try to get the Mamenchisaurus as well.

I am kind of wondering what Haolonggood has in the making for next year. Maybe after the Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus they could think of a Diplodocus hallorum.

Sim

I would like Barosaurus to get a good figure finally, and not ANOTHER good Diplodocus figure.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Faelrin on September 10, 2024, 07:04:45 PMB @bmathison1972 Yeah I think they are doing a stellar job with that, and I hope to see it continue. That said, I would also like to see them tap into more non-dinosaur groups in the future like pterosaurs and marine reptiles at the very least.

Those other groups would be fun, indeed!

thomasw100

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 11, 2024, 12:37:15 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on September 10, 2024, 07:04:45 PMB @bmathison1972 Yeah I think they are doing a stellar job with that, and I hope to see it continue. That said, I would also like to see them tap into more non-dinosaur groups in the future like pterosaurs and marine reptiles at the very least.

Those other groups would be fun, indeed!

Some pterosaurs would be great indeed. But even more cool would actually be some Mesozoic plants. They could try with one and then see if the market picks this up.

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on September 10, 2024, 09:37:13 PMI would like Barosaurus to get a good figure finally, and not ANOTHER good Diplodocus figure.

Honestly I would be equally happy with any large diplodocid. This could be Barosaurus, Diplodocus, Supersaurus or even Galeamopus.

Takama

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 11, 2024, 01:09:08 PM
Quote from: Sim on September 10, 2024, 09:37:13 PMI would like Barosaurus to get a good figure finally, and not ANOTHER good Diplodocus figure.

Honestly I would be equally happy with any large diplodocid. This could be Barosaurus, Diplodocus, Supersaurus or even Galeamopus.

Why not all 4?

Flaffy

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 11, 2024, 01:09:08 PM

I'd like a Barosaurus first personally. The AMNH mount is simply too iconic not to do a homage of.

BlueKrono

Is that where they got the pose for the Battat Diplo?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: