News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marisaura

this list would be a decidedly more interesting lineup than what we got last year, so consider me cautiously optimistic, even if i wish there were some non-dinosaurs mixed in. it certainly seems plausible given the species PNSO has historically favored.

SidB

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on February 24, 2024, 06:13:06 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on February 24, 2024, 06:04:15 PMThere is the Ichthyovenator and I consider it likely that PNSO will release one or more spinosaurids any time soon. They have Spinosaurus out and several other spinosaurids depicted in the art material that came with that release.

Well, yes, though in my opinion, Icthyovenator, while still a theropod doesn't quite fit the same release 'niche' as larger theropods like Saurophaganax, Spinosaurus or Yangchuanosaurus "magnus" from last year. If it's 1/35, it will be a comparatively smaller figure, like their Megalosaurus. Same thing goes for the potential Neovenator and Ceratosaurus.

Maybe their larger theropods are filling the role now? Either way, if this is real, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Gigantoraptor
Good point about the smaller figures. Here's hoping that they will be in the 1/35 range and not 1/28 or so. We need more smaller figures from PNSO.

Sim

Quote from: SidB on February 24, 2024, 07:33:14 PMWe need more smaller figures from PNSO.
Yes!!!  I don't have much room left for large figures, but there are plenty of smaller species I'd like figures of and have the room for!  Now that I think about it, I think the only large figures I'll buy are the PNSO Spinosaurus Aymen and the Papo Suchomimus.  I think after those I'll be finished with very large figures/species.

Pliosaurking

That list looks pretty good I must say, aussming it's true. I'm kinda disappointed there's no non dinosaurs but it's still a good list non the less.

Gunnersaurus

Taking that list with a grain of salt but a few there I would be interested in if true. Ceratosaurus, chasmosaurus ,gigantraptor, saurolophus and alioramus (my quianzhousaurus nose dived into the floor and snapped his mouth off).

Joel1905

Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2024, 03:51:20 AMA list is presently circulating on Facebook. Pass the salt shaker.

Upcoming PNSO figures for 2024:

January: Edmontosaurus
February: N/A
March: Euoplocephalus
April: Neovenator
May: Chasmosaurus
June: Gigantoraptor
July: Ichthyovenator
August: Saurolophus
September: Alioramus
October: Chungkingosaurus
November: Ceratosaurus
December: Shunosaurus

We'll find out in due course... but there are some really exciting names on this list! Plenty of these Dinosaurs have been on my personal wishlist for a long time! Euoplocephalus, Neovenator, Chasmosaurus, Gigantoraptor, Saurolophus, Ceratosaurus & Shunosaurus!

Even the ones that haven't been on my list, I'll be getting them anyway  :))

Ambre

Is it just me or the PNSO store on Aliexpress is broken ? Almost all of the models have disappeared

SRF

Quote from: Ambre on February 25, 2024, 07:09:54 AMIs it just me or the PNSO store on Aliexpress is broken ? Almost all of the models have disappeared

No problems with the store here.
But today, I'm just being father

thomasw100

Ambre

Oh i understand whats happening. It seems as if PNSO dosen't ship to my country anymore, its a shame since the free shipping was really helpful

TaranUlas

Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2024, 03:51:20 AMA list is presently circulating on Facebook. Pass the salt shaker.

Upcoming PNSO figures for 2024:

January: Edmontosaurus
February: N/A
March: Euoplocephalus
April: Neovenator
May: Chasmosaurus
June: Gigantoraptor
July: Ichthyovenator
August: Saurolophus
September: Alioramus
October: Chungkingosaurus
November: Ceratosaurus
December: Shunosaurus

If that list is true, it would be a mixture of figures I don't really care about (Ceratosaurus and Chasmosaurus specifically) and figures that I would be very very eager for (Ichthyovenator and Gigantoraptor in particular would be amazing as would Shunosaurus.) So I kinda hope that list is true. Especially since so many of those figures would be hype to say the least.

thomasw100

New PNSO video describing the creation of the Edmontosaurus model. This level of attention to detail leaves me speechless. If all the 2024 models will be made at this level, amazing releases are ahead.

Sim

The PNSO Edmontosaurus is extremely impressive, and that's coming from me who finds Edmontosaurus one of the most uninteresting animals.  I don't understand why some dismissed the PNSO Edmontosaurus.  I also don't understand why people want a Ceratosaurus from PNSO, the Papo Ceratosaurus is excellent and even has the fourth fingers without claws, a detail that the large vinyl PNSO Ceratosaurus gets wrong.  I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with dismissing the PNSO Edmonto or wanting a PNSO Cerato, I just don't understand why.

Sim

Regarding the rumor list of PNSO figures for this year, I have mixed feelings about it.  Before I go further into it, I'd like to comment on the first rumor list of upcoming PNSO figures.  That turned out accurate, although it didn't list the Zhuchengtyrannus which if I'm remembering right was released halfway into the figures on the list.  So if this latest rumor list is correct, it might be missing an upcoming PNSO figure or more than one.  That seems very possible to me as PNSO has released more than one figure a month a few times and I am surprised by this list lacking that.

So with regards to the new rumor list, like others it's a mix of things I'd like and that I don't like.  I am actually expecting a figure for February or two in a later month to make up for Feb not having one.  Besides that, if this list is accurate:
Euoplocephalus: I don't think I would get more than one figure of this, I guess it will come down to which I prefer out of PNSO's and Haolonggood's.
Neovenator: Please let this be true!  And after it PNSO can take a long break from allosauroids, unless they want to release a Concavenator.
Chasmosaurus: I'm hoping this is true too!
Gigantoraptor: I've grown to like oviraptorosaurs recently and they are neglected by every figure company except for Safari.  I don't like that Gigantoraptor's cranium is unknown, but it is an important discovery and animal, like Therizinosaurus, so I think I would get this figure if it's real...
Ichthyovenator: I'm hoping this isn't true...
Saurolophus: It is really due a figure.  It's one of the few hadrosauromorphs I would get a figure of.
Alioramus: This one is also due a figure.  It could be an interesting one if it's made small enough to fit in 1:35 scale.
Chungkingosaurus:-\  I wish Tuojiangosaurus was being remade instead of a Chungkingosaurus remake.  I'll decide further if it turns out to be real.
Ceratosaurus: I'm happy with Papo's.
Shunosaurus: I would usually be very happy with someone making a Shunosaurus, but I hate how PNSO gives their sauropods beaks and exposed teeth.  I don't want any sauropods like that.  I would prefer PNSO gave their sauropods lips which doesn't contradict them having a beak, like the extant tuatara they could have a beak under lips.

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on February 25, 2024, 07:55:57 PMThe PNSO Edmontosaurus is extremely impressive, and that's coming from me who finds Edmontosaurus one of the most uninteresting animals.  I don't understand why some dismissed the PNSO Edmontosaurus.  I also don't understand why people want a Ceratosaurus from PNSO, the Papo Ceratosaurus is excellent and even has the fourth fingers without claws, a detail that the large vinyl PNSO Ceratosaurus gets wrong.  I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with dismissing the PNSO Edmonto or wanting a PNSO Cerato, I just don't understand why.

The Papo Ceratosaurus has oversized arms. It was so close to being perfect.

Sim

Yes, is that why people want a Ceratosaurus from PNSO?  The oversized arms of this figure never bothered me.

Halichoeres

Quote from: marisaura on February 24, 2024, 06:26:24 PMthis list would be a decidedly more interesting lineup than what we got last year, so consider me cautiously optimistic, even if i wish there were some non-dinosaurs mixed in. it certainly seems plausible given the species PNSO has historically favored.

Yeah, it would definitely be more interesting than 2022 and 2023. The lunar new year holiday is ending, so I imagine we'll find out pretty soon if the list is total bunk. There've been leaks before, but this one would be unprecedented in scope.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on February 25, 2024, 10:21:18 PMYes, is that why people want a Ceratosaurus from PNSO?  The oversized arms of this figure never bothered me.

People want a scientifically accurate Ceratosaurus on the market at the level of quality of modern PNSO. There is currently no such figure on the market (that I know of). The oversized arms are an absolute dealbreaker for strict scientific collectors.

On the other hand, some people just aren't fond of Papo's pop-culture like style.

Joel1905

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 25, 2024, 10:45:48 PM
Quote from: marisaura on February 24, 2024, 06:26:24 PMthis list would be a decidedly more interesting lineup than what we got last year, so consider me cautiously optimistic, even if i wish there were some non-dinosaurs mixed in. it certainly seems plausible given the species PNSO has historically favored.

There was a theory/rumour that PNSO pumped out so many theropods last year because they wanted to clear the backlog of lipless sculpts after Cullen et Al (2023) rendered them inaccurate. The two Yangchuanosaurus' & Saurophaganax came just so PNSO had some lipped theropod representation after the study was published

Yeah, it would definitely be more interesting than 2022 and 2023. The lunar new year holiday is ending, so I imagine we'll find out pretty soon if the list is total bunk. There've been leaks before, but this one would be unprecedented in scope.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim To be honest, I'm just curious to see how they could do one. Plus I really like how their Saurophaganax/Allosaurus came out. I think they could do a great version of one of the other popular Morrison formation predators.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: