News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DTF banner (2013)

Started by Roselaar, January 06, 2013, 11:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the five banner designs do you prefer?

A
1 (2.9%)
B
5 (14.3%)
C
21 (60%)
D
3 (8.6%)
E
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

CityRaptor

I think the Grey Enteledont sticks out, however. Needs something better fitting color-wise.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 07, 2013, 09:48:15 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 07, 2013, 09:41:58 PM
I like the clear, cut-to-the core new banner. What I find funny (no offense!) is that only 1/3 of the figures in the banner are dinosaurs.
What brand is the Entelodont?

The Entelodont is the new Mojo one... yeah, a bit too few dinos right? But hey, it's always good to try some new stuff.

I think the banner should be foliage free this year, since we have no new additions to the flora lines. It kinda ruins the idea of a new releases themed banner if we start to use old releases on it. Nonetheless, I did a new version with the trees.

I think you're right, it doesn't need the trees after all :) Thanks for experimenting though! :)

DinoToyForum

I like the clear, cut-to-the core new banner. What I find funny (no offense!) is that only 1/3 of the figures in the banner are dinosaurs.

It's true! Somehow I didn't notice. No marine reptiles or pterosaurs though.

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 07, 2013, 09:49:52 PM
I think the Grey Enteledont sticks out, however. Needs something better fitting color-wise.

Should still use a Mojo though. Maybe the more-brown hyaenodont?

Simon

I think the banner needs the trees. It looks too "antiseptic" without them.  I was going to say something about it a few days ago, but didn't get the chance.  Think of the trees as being the "covers", or "framing" for the new animals.

I vote to add the trees.  Otherwise this year's banner will be a definite step down.  Meaning that as it now is, it is less appealing to the eye than last year's, and the lack of greenery is the reason why.

Gwangi

Looks to me like half of them are dinosaurs.  ;) Sorry about that, I'm honestly surprised I was the first to say it.

ajax

Quote from: Simon on January 08, 2013, 01:19:57 AM
I think the banner needs the trees. It looks too "antiseptic" without them.  I was going to say something about it a few days ago, but didn't get the chance.  Think of the trees as being the "covers", or "framing" for the new animals.

I vote to add the trees.  Otherwise this year's banner will be a definite step down.  Meaning that as it now is, it is less appealing to the eye than last year's, and the lack of greenery is the reason why.

I agree (looks better with plants/trees)  but I don't think its a big deal either way.

Ikessauro

Ok guys, so I'm thinking we should do a voting or something like that. Write down in here your comment saying if you want the trees or not. I'm gonna wait untill the companies release better stock pictures of each figure, then I'll do a final version of the banner. I will count the votes and see, if the majority of the members want the trees, they stay.

sauroid

the trees are fine. as long as you dont take away the animal figures for the sake of the plants' banner space.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ZoPteryx

It doesn't matter too much to me, but I'd probably prefer no trees, just to keep it consistent with only 2013 figures.

Patrx

Wait, am I miscounting? I see three dinosaurs (Papo Carnotaurus, CollectA Diabloceratops, and Safari Gastornis), and three non-dinosaurs ( Mojo entelodont, Bullyland Eusmilus, and Papo Dimetrodon). Am I missing a non-dino somewhere?

DinoToyForum

I recently updated the ATF banner and the DTF banner looks a little sparse in comparison. I reckon, with a little juggling, we might be able to fit another figure of two onto the DTF banner, what do you think Ikessauro, would you be willing to give it a try?

Ikessauro

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 11, 2013, 07:09:35 PM
I recently updated the ATF banner and the DTF banner looks a little sparse in comparison. I reckon, with a little juggling, we might be able to fit another figure of two onto the DTF banner, what do you think Ikessauro, would you be willing to give it a try?

Sure thing Adam! I guess would be nice if you guys suggested a couple of figures to add in there.

Libraraptor

Hm, I liked it for the clarity and sparseness. Don´t overload it please!

Gwangi

Just a thought but perhaps some smaller pictures of the toys from the upcoming Cambrian toob?

Libraraptor

Quote from: Patrx on January 08, 2013, 07:45:10 AM

Wait, am I miscounting? I see three dinosaurs (Papo Carnotaurus, CollectA Diabloceratops, and Safari Gastornis), and three non-dinosaurs ( Mojo entelodont, Bullyland Eusmilus, and Papo Dimetrodon). Am I missing a non-dino somewhere?

Okay, then let me correct it: 1/3 (one third ) are non-avian dinosaurs. Counting in the Gastornis makes 1/2 (half) of the figures dinosaurs. :)

Ikessauro

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 11, 2013, 09:50:20 PM

Hm, I liked it for the clarity and sparseness. Don´t overload it please!

I do have to agree with Libra on this one. I'm willing to do a new version with another figure, but I think this version is pretty good as is. It's the same number of figures as I used last year if you don't count in the plants. I also decided to check out the animal toy forum banner and in my opinion it has too many animals in there. I know we love them all, but we can't show lots of toys in a single banner.

DinoToyForum

I had a bit of time today to do some juggling with Ikesauro's new banner and come up with something a little more crowded. I squeezed a schleich figure in there too. I've also changed the text colour to blue to match the forum background, as I though it was about time for a bit of a change. We can always revert back to the other banner if there's an overwhelming outcry ( ;)), but I think I prefer this one :)

anchry6

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 12, 2013, 04:16:42 PM
I had a bit of time today to do some juggling with Ikesauro's new banner and come up with something a little more crowded. I squeezed a schleich figure in there too. I've also changed the text colour to blue to match the forum background, as I though it was about time for a bit of a change. We can always revert back to the other banner if there's an overwhelming outcry ( ;)), but I think I prefer this one :)

In my opinion, Styracosaurus is not worthy to be inserted ...  :-X

:D

Balaur

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 12, 2013, 04:16:42 PM

I like it! Love the Cambrian proto animals on each side. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: