You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Roger Corman (TEENAGE CAVEMAN)---RIP

Started by dragon53, May 12, 2024, 04:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I read on FB they were selling a lot of his movie rights off like Carnosaur.

Newt

RIP Roger. Honestly, I didn't know he was still living. 

I just recently watched one of his 60s efforts, a bizarre film called The Planet of Prehistoric Women involving an apparently all-female race of telepathic sirens who worship a pterosaur lookalike. They sort-of encounter an (all-male) crew of explorers from Earth, accompanied by a clunky robot. The astronauts and sirens are never seen in the same shot, for the simple reason that the footage of the astronauts cosmonauts was stolen from a Soviet film released a few years previously.

Roger's punk-rock approach to filmmaking would never make it into theaters today, which is a shame. He was constantly on the lookout for fresh, cheap talent, and helped launch the careers of many actors, writers, and especially directors, including such big names as Coppola, Scorsese, and Cameron. 

Roselaar

Very sorry to hear this, RIP Mr. Corman...
I had the pleasure of meeting this interesting man at a film festival back in 2006, he had some fascinating stories to tell in his masterclass. I shall treasure my signed copy of Day the World Ended till the day the world ends!

Torvosaurus

I recently saw his very first movie, "Creature from the Ocean Floor". It was a typical Roger Corman, Grade B movie, the kind you gotta love. A lotta actors and directors/producers got their start with him. RIP, Roger.

Torvo

HD-man

Coincidentally, I only recently watched Dino Diego's Carnosaur retrospective:
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.