News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS Hydra

Started by dragon53, June 10, 2024, 12:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I was waiting on this one but I'm not loving the price and the idea of poesable necks?

dragon53

$554 plus shipping for the Deluxe version with the Jason figure. :o 

I have the tiny X-Plus Hydra figure which includes the Golden Fleece.

Some of the earlier Star Ace Harryhausen figures were later sold at big discounts....I wonder if the Star Ace Hydra's big sticker price will scare buyers away and result in many being unsold and then go on sale in the future.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on June 10, 2024, 02:04:22 AM$554 plus shipping for the Deluxe version with the Jason figure. :o 

I have the tiny X-Plus Hydra figure which includes the Golden Fleece.

Some of the earlier Star Ace Harryhausen figures were later sold at big discounts....I wonder if the Star Ace Hydra's big sticker price will scare buyers away and result in many being unsold and then go on sale in the future.

It's doing that to me. The poesable heads sound good until you think how much vinyl tends to bend and sag anyway and we don't know excatly what they used and it's longevity. The line might be on it's way out, been seeing a lot of pieces reissued with mods and kits already. Kinda wish they had made more dinosaurs before the line ends.

dragon53

Star Ace Griffin from THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD.

LINK: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/ray-harryhausen-griffin-star-ace-toys-913521

dyno77

The star ace harryhausen statues are considered to be the best versions of the movie monsters by many review sites and collectors...
The only thing is a select few of them are to much in price...iv got the cyclops,rhedosaurus and gwangi model kits since they were about  $100 at least when i got them...whereas the same models built and painted with the base and other accessories  would be as much as over 3 times the amount..
Idk if they are on the way out because there is still new releases coming later this year as mentioned on the official website..

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.