You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Triceratops horridus “Trident King”

Started by FlawedCoil82, June 23, 2024, 08:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlawedCoil82

I tried to look on here and could not find a topic for this amazing figure. But at any rate, while still trying to slowly finish off my Beasts Of The Mesozoic Ceratopsians collection as best I can afford, I came across this figure on Happy Hen's website and didn't think much of it at first but then I watched a YouTube review and was convinced! So I ordered one and, my God, this Triceratops is absolutely beautiful!! 😍 It is my first Rebor figure but I am not at all hesitant to declare it the most perfect, aesthetically pleasing representation of a Triceratops that I have ever personally seen (and certainly that I have ever owned). I assumed BOTM would become my all-time favorite sculpt of Triceratops, but Rebor has surpassed it. I am sure everyone here has already seen Rebor's "King Trident" before but I really feel that this gorgeous figure deserves its own thread. I think I might even like the paint scheme of the "Horn Of Doom" variant just a tiny bit more, but I don't really care for the broken horn (even though it does look very realistic).

I don't really know much about Rebor, but does anyone think they will ever release any more Ceratopsian species? Now that I have a definitive Triceratops from them, I would love to see what other horned dinosaurs they could produce. Anyway, I can not stress how much I adore this figure! It was a "spur of the moment" purchase to help push me over the free shipping threshold and instead it ended up being my favorite item that I ordered! I took some quick pictures but (obviously) they just don't do him justice.

Abobo

Yes this is a wonderful figure

FlawedCoil82

Wow, even with his broken horn, he is magnificent! I also like how his other horn looks a bit longer than on mine. The "Horn Of Doom" version would look great in a diorama setup battling a Tyrannosaurus.

Over9K

IMO, this figure is a bit underrated. I think the sour taste of "it's canceled" and then actually getting it tainted some opinions...

FlawedCoil82

I completely agree! I was very baffled (and disappointed) when I saw a comment on Rebor's Facebook from them saying that they were not enthusiastic about releasing this figure. How could they NOT be excited to release it?!? The sculptor put in that much effort in creating (what I feel) is the most stunning Triceratops figure on the market, and yet they were on the fence about releasing him?! ??? Rebor should feel very proud of this incredible figure! It would have been tragic if they had kept this little beauty unreleased. I can't even describe how ecstatic I would have been to have a Triceratops figure of this quality as a kid. If I had seen it just sitting on a store shelf, I would have expected it to cost at least $200, minimum. The attention to detail and level of quality is just truly that good! If anyone has a better looking Triceratops in their collection then I would love to see it and know what it is.

Faelrin

I have the broken horn variant, and while I really haven't had the chance to display it at all, it is a wonderful figure, and I'm glad to have got my hands on it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

FlawedCoil82

If they would have only made the "Horn Of Doom" variant, I would have still been very impressed with him (in fact he was the first one I initially had in my cart to purchase). I didn't realize there were two different versions until I saw a review on YouTube comparing the two, which made me switch him out for "Trident King".

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.