News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T

Music thread

Started by Tylosaurus, March 20, 2012, 12:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Sure, all music allowed, the more diversity the better.

That Weird Al Jurassic Park song seems out of place next to those other three!  ;D

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: DinoToyForum on February 13, 2023, 10:43:53 PMSure, all music allowed, the more diversity the better.

That Weird Al Jurassic Park song seems out of place next to those other three!  ;D
It's to emphasize the Wierdness  ;)

DinoToyForum

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I'm not sure but you might like the band Gomez. Let me know!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: DinoToyForum on February 14, 2023, 01:37:09 PMavatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I'm not sure but you might like the band Gomez. Let me know!
Thank you for asking. I must say I enjoyed the percussion and strings. It reminds me of something in the movie Rango(2012).

Stegotyranno420

I have very interested in the fall of the Qing and the last Emperor of China, the Manchurian Aisin Gioro Puyi, who not only was the last in a line of rulers spanning over 2000 years, but was also turned into a "normal citizen" post-revolution, unlike other royals who got executed immediately.
His story is interesting but also pathetic, especially with how he treated others, he did horrible things, but yet I still feel bad for him, as he was never really in control of his life(Puyi was forced to be emperor at 2 years old, and was basically an elaborate prisoner).
Anyways, I heard there was a movie made about his life. I did not watch it yet, but the sound track is amazing, and here are my two favorite tracks.

DinoToyForum

What I've been listening to lately. Eclectic.

DinoFan2010

I like listening to video game music, like these examples
Wednesdays (Pizza Tower)
Mini Boss (Iggy's Egg Adventure)

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DinoToyForum

If you don't listen to Portishead...you should! Here's a pick from each of their three albums.

shahinos

Just stumbled upon this, I think I'll make a playlist with all these songs just for the sake of it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Channel_memorandum

Thialfi

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum

The Rip never fails to make me shed a tear ❤️

DinoToyForum

I'm rediscovering early Goldfrapp, their stuff before they became a bit more pop-like is down my street.

LasersaurusRex

The magic and the mystery of potato knishes

Takama

Grew a love for the Song "land of Confussion"   its so relevant to this very day sadly

JimoAi

say what you want about AI covers but this slaps with emotion

Primeval12

Quote from: Takama on October 29, 2023, 07:24:54 AM

Grew a love for the Song "land of Confussion"  its so relevant to this very day sadly

I'm a big Genesis fan and I love this cover.

Faelrin

This song is an absolute earworm in either its original incarnation or the English version.

This version is also pretty adorable:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

thomasw100

This is not the kind of music I would appreciate. This music makes me think of two world wars that Germany has started and all the terrible crimes of Nazi Germany.

PumperKrickel

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 12, 2024, 08:49:10 AM:o  Yuk! This is disgusting! You have a very bad taste of music avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420.
      Be aware of the fact that especially in Germany some people (like me) are very sensitive when it comes to anything associated with the Worl Wars.

Please stop spreading the ugliness!

This particular piece of music was written in 1889, well before World War 1 even. While I personally don't see the appeal, attacking the kid for an association you have is extremely unfair.

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 12, 2024, 08:49:10 AM:o  Yuk! This is disgusting! You have a very bad taste of music avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420.
      Be aware of the fact that especially in Germany some people (like me) are very sensitive when it comes to anything associated with the World Wars.

Please stop spreading the ugliness!

P.S.: Now ban me if you will! I assure you I won't stop proceeding against anything that has to do with those historical crimes.

I second the view that many people are sensitive about anything related to the historical crimes of Germany very much. It has to be noted that the front page of one of the videos that were linked in the first of the two posts with German military music shows soldiers of the German colonial forces in Namibia with their characteristic hats. These were the troops responsible for the genocide of the peoples of the Herero and Nama in Namibia, a genocide that has been officially recognized. The front page of the video shows even the face of Lothar von Trotha who was the commanding officer directly responsible for the genocide.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: