News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

thelordsgym can paint.....sort of.....

Started by thelordsgym, January 30, 2013, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundercharge

Wow, very creative color schemes!  :))

The black and red looks especially brilliant on the Spinosaurus.  :)

Click sig for my collection! :)

DinoToyForum

Ikessauro

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stoneage

Boki is going to love these paint jobs when he sees them.  Some of them are a  little too bright for me, but the paint jobs themself are excellent.

SBell

Would it be wrong that, when it comes time, I will likely paint my Ademar models like the Spino? It turns out, I like insane colours on my dinos!

ZoPteryx

stoneage

Quote from: SBell on January 31, 2013, 01:56:36 AM
Would it be wrong that, when it comes time, I will likely paint my Ademar models like the Spino? It turns out, I like insane colours on my dinos!

No it wouldn't be wrong, that's your preference.  I just can't handle that much red.  Are you going to paint them yourself?

SBell

Quote from: stoneage on January 31, 2013, 03:48:22 AM
Quote from: SBell on January 31, 2013, 01:56:36 AM

No it wouldn't be wrong, that's your preference.  I just can't handle that much red.  Are you going to paint them yourself?

If I'm feeling up to it. I'm not much of a modeller, so I will probably hunt down some cheapasaur paint-kit dinos to practice first. The only figure I've ever painted was a Neko works Hybodus.

thelordsgym

Thanks everyone....much appreciated compliments! I think for some of us, this type of art is a bit tougher than pros like Copper and Boki, but at least there is some improvement!  ;D

thelordsgym

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

thelordsgym

Bokisaurus

Ah, sorry I am late here, been busy lately!
Cool repaints, love the Brachio and the Spino, both really nicely done.Keep up the great work, can't wait to see what you do next :)

tyrantqueen

These are very Chaos Effect reminiscent- not my preferred style for painting dinos, but I guess everyone has different preferences 8)

ZoPteryx

Very nice!  I really like the Parasaurolophus and the Battat paint jobs. :)

thelordsgym

Quote from: Zopteryx on February 16, 2013, 01:20:17 AM
Very nice!  I really like the Parasaurolophus and the Battat paint jobs. :)
Much appreciated friend!

Jetoar

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: