News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Crocodile Rock!

Started by ZoPteryx, February 10, 2013, 06:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

I suppose the title should actually read "Crurotarsi and Other Archosaurs that aren't Dinos or Pterosaurs Rock!", but that was way too long. ;)

So, in no particular order, lets see how many of Dinosauria's all too often neglected kin have been made in figure form! :)

*ID'd from back-front and left-right

Aetosaurs:

Paratypothorax (Bullyland), Desmatosuchus (Schleich, Safari, COG)

Rauisuchians, Poposaurids, and Ornithosuchids:

Postosuchus (Toyway, Safari x 2)

Batrachotomus (Bullyland), Arizonasaurus (Bullyland), [tentative] Ornithosuchus (unknown)

Crocodylomorphs:

Kaprosuchus (Safari), Deinosuchus (Safari Carnegie), Pristichampus (Safari), Montealtosuchus (Safari), Sarcosuchus (Safari, CollectA)

Thalattosuchians, Phytosaurs, Other Archosaurs:

Dakosaurus (Safari), Metriorynchus (Safari), Rutiodon (Safari), Chasmatosaurus (Safari), Euparkeria (Safari)

Now let's see what other ones are out there! ;D

ZoPteryx

C'mon, I know there's more than just these! ;)

DinoToyForum

Kaiyodo Metriorhynchus 8)

(Picture by Bokisaurus, originally posted on DTF V1)

SBell

Of course there's lots more, just haven't had the time to do anything about it!

ZoPteryx

That's a cool one Admin!  I'd have to say that Metriorhychus is probably the most made ancient crocodile figure. :)

Quote from: SBell on March 09, 2013, 02:22:03 PM
Of course there's lots more, just haven't had the time to do anything about it!
No rush, just wanted to make sure people were aware of the thread. ;)

stemturtle

Great topic, Zopteryx.  Here are a few more figures:
archosauromorphs, rhynchosaurs, mother 6.6 cm., baby 5.3 cm. by Manuel Bejarano
and a weird archosauriform, Vancleavea, 9 cm. by Razh00.

Hyperodapedon, syn. Scaphonyx (Shapeways)

Vancleavea (Shapeways)

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

ZoPteryx

Cool and very unique figures Stemturtle! :)

Here's a new one:

Postosuchus sold by Bubatoys.  There is also a smaller version and several color variants.

Jetoar

I have this figure with other colors, yellow and orange  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Brontozaurus

Yowie made three non-dinosaur archosaurs.

L-R: Tasmaniosaurus, Quinkana, Trilophosuchus (a.k.a Ridge-headed Mekosuchine)
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Splonkadumpocus

A few notes:

The Safari "Metriorhynchus" is actually Suchodus (note the image!). The confusion is a result of the species they chose being assigned to Metriorhynchus for a long time.

The "Ornithosuchus" in the first post is actually supposed to be Megalosaurus, as it's based on this illustration:

Anyhow, I have the following crurotarsians:

Rutiodon (Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob)
Postosuchus (Wild Safari and Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob)
Desmatosuchus (Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob)
Suchodus (Prehistoric Sea Life Toob)
Dakosaurus (Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob)
Montealtosuchus (Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob)
Kaprosuchus (Wild Safari)
Sarcosuchus (Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob)
Deinosuchus (Carnegie)
Pristichampsus (Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob)

SBell

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on May 14, 2013, 12:16:32 AM

The "Ornithosuchus" in the first post is actually supposed to be Megalosaurus, as it's based on this illustration:

)

But dinosaurs, as far as I know, did not have armoured plates on their back (s depcited)--so whatever that artist was trying to do, they ended up making an excellent bipedal crurotarsan/pseudosuchian. Having just learned the difference and all between these groups. the topic might need a new name ;D! Depending on the cladogram...look them up on Wikipedia, it isn't confusing at all :P

Stegoraptor Rex

Hey didn't mojo fun make a sarcosuchus that was remarkably similar to CollectA's?

SBell

Quote from: Stegoraptor Rex on May 28, 2013, 02:20:54 AM
Hey didn't mojo fun make a sarcosuchus that was remarkably similar to CollectA's?

They did, and like their respective Tylosaurus figures, the Mojo is just a little better--more character, a little better sculpt.

To wit:

The Mojo is on the right. I find it to be the better figure, although the two together make a decent pair.

Stegoraptor Rex

I agree the mojo one is slightly better

tyrantqueen

My only crocodilian thus far...I'll get the jumbo AAA crocodile one day. Anyone who knows me from ATF will know about my AAAphilia ;D

Everything_Dinosaur

Love the collection of Eagle Lizards (Aetosaurs), used to have the Desmatosuchus figure somewhere around the office.

tyrantqueen

There's a guy on the Clubhouse forums who is offering a 20 inch nile crocodile kit.

Looks phenomenal, if only I had the space :'(

Doug Watson

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 28, 2013, 10:00:49 AM

My only crocodilian thus far...I'll get the jumbo AAA crocodile one day. Anyone who knows me from ATF will know about my AAAphilia ;D

Tyrantqueen,
That AAA Alligator looks really good. Do you know where I can get these online? I don't see them in Canada and a quick search online and on eBay was a dud. Can't find much of anything for AAA online. I found an 11" AAA Crocodile on eBay but it doesn't look very good (being kind) so I doubt that is the one you are talking about. Do you have an image of it?
Doug

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Doug Watson on September 12, 2013, 01:17:51 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 28, 2013, 10:00:49 AM

Tyrantqueen,
That AAA Alligator looks really good. Do you know where I can get these online? I don't see them in Canada and a quick search online and on eBay was a dud. Can't find much of anything for AAA online. I found an 11" AAA Crocodile on eBay but it doesn't look very good (being kind) so I doubt that is the one you are talking about. Do you have an image of it?
Doug

Sure, here you go- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-5-inch-Rubber-Alligator-Reptile-Replica-/310743894358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4859c78956
I can't find any Canadian sellers, but this seller is okay with shipping worldwide :)

I can understand it being pretty confusing, AAA made a LOT of crocodilian models (some good and some bad)

Doug Watson

Thank you TQ,
I'll bookmark that seller. I checked out your post on the ATF. I hadn't noticed the incorrect osteoderms. My first impression from your image here was how good the proportions looked and the naturalistic pose. Shame they didn't do their homework on the details.
Thanks again.
Doug

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: