You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Aaron Doyle's dinosaur models (battle-brak on the old boards)

Started by Aaron Doyle, March 19, 2013, 05:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

That's a brilliant tyrannosaur, I like how the feathers are arranged as a lion's mane. I've always envisioned them that way.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 22, 2013, 11:49:07 PM
That's a brilliant tyrannosaur, I like how the feathers are arranged as a lion's mane. I've always envisioned them that way.
So, like how lions are kings of the beasts, tyrannosaurs are kings of the dinosaurs, and the mane symbolises that? ;D ;) Cool connection.

fleshanthos

Hadn't noticed that mane idea until you mentioned it, Pachy. Cool.
I'm not crazy for it, but still cool.
People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

amargasaurus cazaui

Aaron's Quetz model, painted and based by Martin. I am fond of this sculpt, and the colors Martin chose for it.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

fleshanthos

People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

tyrantqueen

Aaron, may I ask what has happened to the stand/base that you used to sell in your store for the Deinonychus? I recall that you used to sell one, but it seems to have disappeared :-\ Did you decide that it wasn't really needed after all? :)

postsaurischian

The Deinonychus stands perfectly without stand (o.k., it's the old hand-on-floor-trick, but it's very well done here).
The bellly hole on mine is filled - it looks much better this way ... and it's a great running pose :).
I can't wait to show pics of copper's awesome paintjob (as soon as Photobucket will let me do so >:( - next week).

tyrantqueen

My 1/4 Pterodaustro finally arrived today ;D

I think it printed very well- considering it is WSF material. You can even see the fine veins on the wing membrane.

Thank you so much, Aaron, for fufilling this request/commission :)

postsaurischian

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 04, 2013, 03:12:14 PM
:o Oh! Beautiful! ... Envy >:( ;D! I want one too.
I'm sure Aaron Doyle will make it available for all on Shapeways soon 8)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 04, 2013, 02:29:56 PM
My 1/4 Pterodaustro finally arrived today ;D

I think it printed very well- considering it is WSF material. You can even see the fine veins on the wing membrane.

Thank you so much, Aaron, for fufilling this request/commission :)

Wow..looks great ! Right down to the pointed tips of those bristles. :)

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Aaron Doyle on September 21, 2013, 01:14:32 PM
thanks tyrantqueen!

I've had this idea for a while for a Gorgosaurus with a lion-like mane of feathers.  It's something I doodled a while back and thought it would make a cool sculpt.
Amazing detail in featheres my mate! One question if I could ask, how do you make feathers in zbrush? I tried but I dont like my results.
Also the Pterodaustro is excellent!

Aaron Doyle

Thanks for the feedback everyone!  I'm glad everyone seems to like the new models.

The 1:4 Pterodaustro is now available for purchase on my store...

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1358470/pterodaustro-1-4-scale-model.html

you can purchase it here if you are interested.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 25, 2013, 09:46:34 PM
Aaron, may I ask what has happened to the stand/base that you used to sell in your store for the Deinonychus? I recall that you used to sell one, but it seems to have disappeared :-\ Did you decide that it wasn't really needed after all? :)

Actually, after recieving the Deinonychus sculpt I realized that the vent hole I wanted to use the stand in conjunction with came out at the wrong angle.  It wasn't modeled this way so I wonder if something occured during the conversion process that offset it.  Whatever the case I realized quickly that it wouldn't work well with the stand I designed and took it down.

Quote from: RolandEden on October 04, 2013, 05:22:07 PMAmazing detail in featheres my mate! One question if I could ask, how do you make feathers in zbrush? I tried but I dont like my results.
Also the Pterodaustro is excellent!

Thanks!  I spent quite a while taking photos of different types of feathers and used those to paint a small library of feather alphas in photoshop.  It was a lot of work but I now have several types of feathers I can paint into the models with relative ease.  I also go in with the snake hook tool after stamping the feathers to pull out feather tips here and there.  Hope that helps a bit!

postsaurischian

>  1:15 Deinonychus in WSF, painted by copper (more pictures here).

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Gorgonzola

That deinonychus model is stellar, and copper's paintup just makes it pop.  Are you going to give it a base at all Postsaurischian?
IG: @asidesart
Portfolio: asidesart.com
Patreon (Mostly non-dinosaur stuff and illustration): patreon.com/asidesart

dinoartist

The Deinonychus is really beautiful. Well done all around. The fluffy rex is fun too!!!
A fluffy rex is not a scary rex until you see the teeth clamping down on you.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinoartist on October 11, 2013, 06:49:29 PM
The Deinonychus is really beautiful. Well done all around. The fluffy rex is fun too!!!
T.rex? I thought it was a gorgosaur ;)

Aaron Doyle

Even though the Gorgosaurus has yet to be tested I've still been busy sculpting some more dinosaurs.  Here is a peek at my upcoming, new and improved, Velociraptor.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: