News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ancient Invertebrates

Started by Splonkadumpocus, May 14, 2013, 07:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splonkadumpocus

Here's a place to share your prehistoric arthropods, mollusks, cnidarians, and other such creatures.

Charniodiscus (Cambrian Life Toob)
Vauxia (Cambrian Life Toob)
*orthocone* (Bullyland)
Ottoia (Cambrian Life Toob)
Anomalocaris (Cambrian Life Toob)
Naraoia (Cambrian Life Toob)
Greenops (Bullyland)
Tricrepicephalus (Cambrian Life Toob)
Raymondites (Safariology)
Sanctacaris (Cambrian Life Toob)
Sidneyia (Cambrian Life Toob)
Mixopterus (Ancient Fossils Toob)

SBell

The Bullyland isn't an orthocone, it's a Belemnite.

These are orthocones:

Kaiyodo Rayonnoceras:

Yowies orthocone (Cameroceras? Not sure).

Crackington

Good thread Splonka,

Here's a ropey picture from the Crackington formation:

Aysheia a velvet worm relative and Opabinia the strange multi-eyed arthropod both from the Burgess Shale (both Tedco/COG), with a Kaiyodo Pterygotus sea scorpion lurking menacingly to their left.

A Pikaia (also Tedco) and er, a ship in a bottle, can also be seen, neither of which count for this topic!

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2013, 02:11:47 PM
The Bullyland isn't an orthocone, it's a Belemnite.

I know. I was debating whether to just call it a belemnite or try to give it a genus. I decided to take a third option and use the little icon.

Quote from: Crackington on May 14, 2013, 08:26:16 PMA Pikaia (also Tedco) and er, a ship in a bottle, can also be seen, neither of which count for this topic!

Pikaia's kind of borderline, but I'd say it still counts.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.