News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fixing Salvat Carnotaurus.

Started by Jetoar, May 20, 2013, 10:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Hello friends.2 weeks afo I bought a Salvat Carnotaurus in a flea market.

It has alot of marcs of playware. I am fixing this figure  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

Finally, I have finished to fix my figure.

And these are the final results  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

RockyMountainRex

A nice paint job, he looks much better!   :)
Rawr!

Jetoar

Quote from: RockyMountainRex on May 20, 2013, 08:49:30 PM
A nice paint job, he looks much better!   :)

Thanks Rocky  ^-^! I am happy with the final result. It had a lot of playware.

Primeval12

Jetoar

radman

Honestly, I don't get this at all.  IMHO, you created the dino model version of what Frank Zappa once called his bootlegs:

http://home.online.no/~corneliu/musicexpress.htm

Just read the second line.  Anyway, glad you're happy with it, guess we all collect different things.

Ikessauro

Quote from: radman on May 21, 2013, 07:00:08 PM
Honestly, I don't get this at all.  IMHO, you created the dino model version of what Frank Zappa once called his bootlegs:

Just read the second line.  Anyway, glad you're happy with it, guess we all collect different things.

I don't get it why people complain so much about Salvat dinosaurs. I know they are just bootlegs, but what about other companies bootlegs? People in the forum last month were excited with a horrible Papo Allosaurus bootleg just because it's close to the original and the name is different. Someone else, can't remember who right now, bought a lot of Collecta resized bootlegs from China!
People often look at these and say, aw, another bootleg, whatever :P. But when a Salvat dino shows up in here there's always someone to point out they're crap, garbage or whatever you prefer to call it!
I'm not sure if it's because Salvat dared to copy "beloved" Carnegie and Battat which are good American brands and got away with it, or if it's some other reason. I'm just saying that for some people like me, Salvat was all I had available as a child and they were expensive to get at the time.
Before I knew that these were copies and that there were lots of cool well done dinos around I tought that they were the best dinos available. So I collected them all for the sake of nostalgia and completeness and also because I couldn't buy from overseas (didn't even know it was possible :-[). Not everyone can buy a Carnegie dinosaur dirt cheap at the local toy store. My town doesn't even have one.
And I too tried to fix up some of my Salvat dinos, less successfully than Jetoar though, since I am not a good painter. I have no problem with them and I would never sell my Salvat collection, nor trade it for any other dinosaurs.

We all would like to have our original dinosaur toys in the best condition as possible, but not everyone have access to the original and dares to repaint or fix used models. When you comment in here with a post like that I don't know about Jetoar, but I really feel offended, because your saying that some of my most prized possessions is worth shit! And no matter what I do with it, it's never gonna be something good! I see people in here collection dinosaur toys as ugly as a pile of crap and I don't bother to tell them what I think. I'm sorry if I said what i shouldn't, but I had to say it! :(

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ikessauro on May 21, 2013, 08:39:50 PM

I don't get it why people complain so much about Salvat dinosaurs. I know they are just bootlegs, but what about other companies bootlegs? People in the forum last month were excited with a horrible Papo Allosaurus bootleg just because it's close to the original and the name is different. Someone else, can't remember who right now, bought a lot of Collecta resized bootlegs from China!
People often look at these and say, aw, another bootleg, whatever :P. But when a Salvat dino shows up in here there's always someone to point out they're crap, garbage or whatever you prefer to call it!
I'm not sure if it's because Salvat dared to copy "beloved" Carnegie and Battat which are good American brands and got away with it, or if it's some other reason. I'm just saying that for some people like me, Salvat was all I had available as a child and they were expensive to get at the time.
Before I knew that these were copies and that there were lots of cool well done dinos around I tought that they were the best dinos available. So I collected them all for the sake of nostalgia and completeness and also because I couldn't buy from overseas (didn't even know it was possible :-[). Not everyone can buy a Carnegie dinosaur dirt cheap at the local toy store. My town doesn't even have one.
And I too tried to fix up some of my Salvat dinos, less successfully than Jetoar though, since I am not a good painter. I have no problem with them and I would never sell my Salvat collection, nor trade it for any other dinosaurs.

We all would like to have our original dinosaur toys in the best condition as possible, but not everyone have access to the original and dares to repaint or fix used models. When you comment in here with a post like that I don't know about Jetoar, but I really feel offended, because your saying that some of my most prized possessions is worth shit! And no matter what I do with it, it's never gonna be something good! I see people in here collection dinosaur toys as ugly as a pile of crap and I don't bother to tell them what I think. I'm sorry if I said what i shouldn't, but I had to say it! :(
I think you have made good points, and people should be more accepting of other people's collections...one person may hate a model, but another could love it. For example, so many people hated the CollectA Mapusaurus. I loved that model. It would be so boring if everyone collected the same thing...what would have to talk about? I always am interested in seeing people collect in different ways...like chinasaur collectors or retro collectors.

I couldn't understand the love for Papo Allosaurus bootleg either :/

I feel sometimes as though people only care about the most accurate, expensive toys, and retro or less than perfect stuff gets passed by.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that it's fine to have differing opinions on certain models, but we shouldn't be putting each other down for those opinions.

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 21, 2013, 09:23:47 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on May 21, 2013, 08:39:50 PM

I think you have made good points, and people should be more accepting of other people's collections...one person may hate a model, but another could love it. For example, so many people hated the CollectA Mapusaurus. I loved that model. It would be so boring if everyone collected the same thing...what would have to talk about? I always am interested in seeing people collect in different ways...like chinasaur collectors or retro collectors.

I couldn't understand the love for Papo Allosaurus bootleg either :/

I feel sometimes as though people only care about the most accurate, expensive toys, and retro or less than perfect stuff gets passed by.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that it's fine to have differing opinions on certain models, but we shouldn't be putting each other down for those opinions.

Thanks Ikkesauro and Tyrantqueen for your words  ^-^.  radman, I said that I am happy with the result of my repainted of this figure. In another hand, I have two carnotaurus and a lot of figures an Salvat and chinasaur I like them very much.I understand to Ikkesauro, because they are my firts figures of dinosaurs, before Schleich, Papo and other brands because I didnt knew the otrhe brands and in my country didnt exist in this moment and other figures were too expensive. Salvat figures are a bootlegs of carnegie, batttat and toyway but I rememberd when I bought the fascicles of Postosuchus and Kronosaurus I was very happy and currently I am very happy  ^-^. I love the retro figures and I think that the old figures are history of the reconstruction of dinosaurs and they are a treasure for us. Finally I think that the great armas are not all. Some times, I like a figures for they estectic that for its paleontological reconstruction. For example, I have the T-rex that is the avatar of Tyrantqueen now an it is one of my firts figures of T-rex of my chilhood and it is one of my treasures  ^-^.

radman

That's cool, man.  As I explained to Ike on FB, I was trying to be clever, not be a dick, but I guess it didn't go over as I expected.  Glad you enjoy your collection.  I had roommates once who were Deadheads and they loved their bootlegs - to each his own, right?  Happy Collecting!

Jetoar

Quote from: radman on May 22, 2013, 02:09:48 PM
That's cool, man.  As I explained to Ike on FB, I was trying to be clever, not be a dick, but I guess it didn't go over as I expected.  Glad you enjoy your collection.  I had roommates once who were Deadheads and they loved their bootlegs - to each his own, right?  Happy Collecting!

Thanks friend, no problem  ^-^.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.