News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoguy2

Rare white plated third generation Carnegie Stegosaurus, along with several other Carnegies and JP figures in this lot: https://picclick.com/track/324417825940

First gen Carnegie Apatosaurus and Allosaurus in here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1988-1990-Lot-Of-6-Carnegie-Safari-Ltd-Dinosaurs/133609456701
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Ezikot

Duna

Ikessauro

Georassic

Carnoking

It was up when I saw the link and I was just ever so slightly outbid!  :'(

Ikessauro

Quote from: Georassic on February 17, 2021, 02:33:01 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on February 16, 2021, 06:04:56 PM
Mini Battat Tyrannosaurus on auction. Haven't seen this one up for bids yet. Only buy it nows. Quite good price now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-ORIGINAL-BATTAT-MINI-TYRANNOSAURUS-REX-BOSTON-MUSEUM-OF-SCIENCE-DINOSAURS/333884533023?hash=item4dbd11a91f:g:4VIAAOSwXwhgIw~S
...and sold already.

And for a 103 bucks it was cheap, I'd say. Paid a lot more for mine. Since I already have a complete Battat set, here's another great lot, including V.3 T.rex, Dilophosaurus, Utahraptor and Triceratops in great condition plus a couple of Schleichs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schleich-Museum-6-Six-Dinosaur-Toy-Figure-Lot/274687738291?hash=item3ff4aa41b3:g:BkwAAOSwnW1gLfFQ

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm guessing that seller doesn't realise that Battat are not Schleich?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on February 17, 2021, 03:24:11 PM
It was up when I saw the link and I was just ever so slightly outbid!  :'(
That was a very good price! Usually go for three times that ( I've seen more).

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 18, 2021, 06:58:18 PM

I've noticed that some people use "Schleich" as a synonym for any small, detailed PVC animal figure.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Libraraptor

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on February 23, 2021, 11:55:59 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 18, 2021, 06:58:18 PM

I've noticed that some people use "Schleich" as a synonym for any small, detailed PVC animal figure.

This is the case in lots and lots of German classifieds.  In the past I would sometimes hint the sellers at it since there are overpaid Schleich lawyers strolling through eBay for such mistakes.

stoneage

Well any small old styled figure like MPC etc. is usually identified as Marx.  Even those that aren't knockoffs.

Carnoking

It seems that someone either informed the seller of their mistake or they realized it themselves because it has now been relisted with the proper information.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Carnoking on February 24, 2021, 11:34:29 PM
It seems that someone either informed the seller of their mistake or they realized it themselves because it has now been relisted with the proper information.

Didn't it have a bid at least when I first posted it? I bet someone naive enough tried to contact them and buy the figures in a BIN lot. Lots of sellers do this, if you show interest in an item. They get curious, find out it is worth something and relist for more or at least the same price with correct identification.   :P

Carnoking

Yes it did. I was watching it to see if it was ever discovered by buyers before the time ran out. I'm fairly certain that is precisely what happened.

SidB

That's a caution, for sure, when buying a lot - get the whole thing: the good and the bad and get what you need from it. The wheat and the chaff can be separated later after you have it in hand.

Ikessauro

I think that is poor ethics on the part of the seller. I get it, taking it down and relisting accuratelly upon new information, IF, there are no bids. Taking down an auction with bids already doesn't look good.

The seller had the toys, they are marked with species name, brand and collection name. They just had to Google those and in five minutes would have known the true value of the toys. But even if they didn't research, just listing on eBay with the info stamped on the toys would've helped people find them for what they are.

That is why I almost never ask a seller to sell me only part of a lot. I only contact the seller to ask things regarding shipping, when they don't ship where I need them to ship. Explaining to the seller they have something you might find valuable always leads them to find out what the item is and then they get greedy.  :P I learned that the hard way.

SidB

Ikessauro

Quote from: SidB on February 25, 2021, 05:01:01 PM
Ah, experience!

Talking about experience, just had another quite bitter one right now. Just killed my mood completely. I don't know why, I have the worst luck with ebay sellers. I always keep an eye for new listings and spotted a freshly listed lot of rareish dinosaur figures for a quite cheap price, considering what they usually sell for individually.

They were pretty worn paint wise, but, a great find nonetheless. Of course I grabbed it. I think I might have bought it within 10 minutes of it being listed. I joked with a friend about the find, that I hoped the seller shipped it soon, because there are some unethical sellers that cancell a paid order just to sell it for more, upon finding out that what they had sold was worth more.

About 15 minutes after my purchase, I get a refund and a lame excuse the seller lost the items when moving houses and that the pictures were from before. Mind you that several other items still for sale on this seller's page have pictures taken on the same background (same table)

I  just hate people who can't keep their word and commit to what they agreed. If you have an item and lists it for sale without research about the item, you can't back down and cancell an order, refund it, just to sell it for more later. 

So there was no winning here. If I waited to buy the item later, someone else would for sure buy it. If I buy too soon after it is listed, the seller realizes it was underpriced and cancells. I have been having quite a few situations like this on eBay. I simply can't catch a break.  :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: