News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Allosaurus by Matt Manit

Started by Joel, March 22, 2012, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel

I was looking through the dinosaur models section of "theclubhouse1.net", and I found this Allosaurus, painted by Mr. Garratt, and sculpted by Matt Manit:

I really like it, but of course I am wondering what scale it is and if it is still available. Thanks!

Tylosaurus

That's a masterful sculpture you got there :) Good ole Al :D It's probably Scale 1:15 or 1:24, can't be sure since it's hard to say from such pics hehe Didn't it come with some information on what scale it was? if not you could ask the previous owner he might know :)

sfstudios

Quote from: Joel on March 22, 2012, 07:25:38 PM
I was looking through the dinosaur models section of "theclubhouse1.net", and I found this Allosaurus, painted by Mr. Garratt, and sculpted by Matt Manit:

I really like it, but of course I am wondering what scale it is and if it is still available. Thanks!

Joel its 1/35th scale , i owned one . Im also looking for another since i sold that one maybe i can talk Martin into selling it to me .....Martin?
Shane Foulkes

Joel

Thanks for clearing that up Shane. The model has this Greg Paul feel to it which is what I love about it, but since it's 1/35 scale I'm not really interested anymore.

Lady medusa

Funny enough I love the 1/35 scale cause there are so many around the same size that can go together.
Right now im working on a 1/20 tylosaur by bob morales and im goin to make an entire cretaceous sea scene around it. Im actually goin to use an old hexagon aquarium to set it all up in and to preserve the setup.

Back to the allosaur- i love this sculpt and love the coloration. Cant wait to do a jurassic scene!

Joel

Quote from: Lady medusa on March 25, 2012, 10:23:45 PM
Funny enough I love the 1/35 scale cause there are so many around the same size that can go together.
Right now im working on a 1/20 tylosaur by bob morales and im goin to make an entire cretaceous sea scene around it. Im actually goin to use an old hexagon aquarium to set it all up in and to preserve the setup.
The fact that there are so many dinosaurs in 1/35 is a huge plus, it's just that I've been hooked on 1/18 / 1/20 for so long. It's about the same scale as the Jurassic Park dinosaurs, and my dino models go along fine with my 1/18 cars and Star Wars guys.

QuoteBack to the allosaur- i love this sculpt and love the coloration. Cant wait to do a jurassic scene!
From the posts above, I was under the impression that this was out of print. But if you do find one, please post pics of your build up! I still like the sculpt, after all!

Himmapaan

I would be interested in this, too, if it's still available anywhere.

Lady medusa

Im alwayS searching so i will definately let you know!

0onarcissisto0

Back to the allosaur- i love this sculpt and love the coloration. Cant wait to do a jurassic scene!

Oh did you get the Tylo from eBay? I picked up his Brachiosaur through eBay. Not as detailed as I would have liked but I knew that even when I clicked on "Bid". Still a great piece. As mentioned above, I love the Greg Paul inspiration!

I was planning on getting Darren McDonald's T-Rex too (good price!), but I find the mandible to be too large...So yeah...still on the fence when it comes to that one...
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

mmfrankford

I really like the way he painted this Allo up. The patterns and such makes this look like a large Dinotales figure. (BTW This is a compliment, I like the patterns and colors on Dinotales.)

Lady medusa

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on April 11, 2012, 05:41:10 PM

Oh did you get the Tylo from eBay? I picked up his Brachiosaur through eBay. Not as detailed as I would have liked but I knew that even when I clicked on "Bid". Still a great piece. As mentioned above, I love the Greg Paul inspiration!

I was planning on getting Darren McDonald's T-Rex too (good price!), but I find the mandible to be too large...So yeah...still on the fence when it comes to that one...
. I know im late on replying! Better late then never right! I had alot of posts to catch up on lol!

ANd yes i was the one that got the tylosaurus;) im still working on that diorama by the way. Ive been having a hardtime getting the right scale of fish in there plus getting good info on the reef setups then. I have a feeling alot of the fish i will have to sculpt myself and ive already been working on rudists! Atleast i have the big beast painted :D

Lady medusa

I just figured I would let you guys know that you can still get some of Matt Manit's kits including this allosaurus! I just aquired this guy this week actually! There is a seller on eBay that sells his kits. From what I have been told they are not recasts either. Over the past 3 months I've managed to get his parasaurolophus, trex, ichthyosaurs, and iguanodon. This seller doesn't have any posted on eBay at this time for personal reasons but she is staying in touch with me so I would be able to give you guys a heads up if you want?

Joel

Cool, thanks for the info! I know the Allosaurus is 1/35 scale, but could tell me how many inches it actually is? And a few pics of your kit would be appreciated, too!  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

radman

I'd be interested in seeing the Allo compared to some standard scale model.  I did get the Manit Iguanodon from the same seller, listed as 1:35, and it was a pretty nice kit, lotta flash, though, and the base was well done too.  But it was huuuge:

Here  it is with the Carnegie Iggie (1:40), and I'd say  the Manit version is close to 1:20.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..yeah. Definitely not 1:35 ...but bigger is better right ? lol ;D

ihatefeathers144

Joel

If it's greater than 15 inches, I'd defiantly get one.   

radman

Quote from: Joel on January 28, 2013, 07:50:14 PM
If it's greater than 15 inches, I'd defiantly get one.

It's about 16 inches, snout to tail.

Lady medusa

Quote from: Joel on January 28, 2013, 04:17:50 AM
Cool, thanks for the info! I know the Allosaurus is 1/35 scale, but could tell me how many inches it actually is? And a few pics of your kit would be appreciated, too!  ^-^

I will try to get measurements of it tonight! Gotta wait till the hubby is home so Lil 3 yr old finders don't try to play with it! :)

Chris how much the allo is I'm not sure, the rest of the kits I've been getting for 65$ + 11$ shipping. I had ordered the iguanodon but I guess because I had already bought those others the allo was sent as an extra suprise. Oh boy was it! In the last email I got from the seller, she said there was a deinonychus, carnotaurus, dunkelstotes(I know I didn't spell that right), some small armored fish with a diplocus, wolly mammoth, and a few other prehistoric mammals.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: