News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebuloid

Or change the title to "Postsaurischians' beautiful dinosaur mix" .

postsaurischian

Quote from: DinoLord on November 27, 2016, 06:14:24 PM
Very nice. I'm guessing you weren't keen on the golden toad female variant figure?

I wouldn't mind having the female version of the toad, but - as CityRaptor has already mentioned - the complete
set would have cost an extra USD 30 and I'm not willing to pay this for an extra alternatively coloured figure.

Quote from: Mamasaurus on November 30, 2016, 03:12:06 PM
Your entire collection, and your skills in photographing it, are absolutely superb. 

:) Thank you!

Quote from: Nebuloid on November 30, 2016, 07:39:54 PM
Or change the title to "Postsaurischians' beautiful dinosaur mix" .

I won't change the title. It has been named this way for almost 7 years now. We better should post a bit more carefully instead!
C:-) This is the Collections section. With the exception of the Recent Acquisitions thread only personal collections are shown here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^   A few Kaiyodo & PNSO stegosaurid miniatures .......

PNSO mini No.009  Miragaia

Dinotales No.100A  Stegosaurus

PNSO mini No.016  Wuerhosaurus

PNSO mini No.024  Tuojiangosaurus

Dinotales No.029  Stegosaurus

Dinotales No.114A  Huayangosaurus

PNSO mini No.011  Kentrosaurus

Nebuloid

They really mix great together !
And my comment was sarcasm, I love this thread.   ^-^

CityRaptor

Looking at all of those, the death of Thag Simmons may have been tragic, but beautiful.  The Miragaia looks especially elegant, or maybe arrogant, depending on how you look at it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Albertosaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 30, 2016, 08:46:43 PM

@ Predasaurskillekor & Albertosaurus: It would be nice if you could delete that "terribile mix" picture from this thread.

Done. I was just letting Predasaurskillekor know about his mistake. Let´s see if he removes the picture. Seems like he is not willing to do it. And I hate it since I use to visit your thread looking for some nice pictures of models that I am interested in.

ceratopsian

What a lovely line-up of stegosaurids, and so beautifully photographed, as always!

Killekor

Quote from: Albertosaurus on November 30, 2016, 09:21:44 PM

@ Predasaurskillekor & Albertosaurus: It would be nice if you could delete that "terribile mix" picture from this thread.

Done. I was just letting Predasaurskillekor know about his mistake. Let´s see if he removes the picture. Seems like he is not willing to do it. And I hate it since I use to visit your thread looking for some nice pictures of models that I am interested in.

Do it. Sorry, i have seen it only now, Sorry at everyone, i have thinked that this was a public thread where everyone Can post some dinosaur mix.

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Dilopho

Quote from: Predasaurskillekor on November 30, 2016, 09:35:10 PM
Do it. Sorry, i have seen it only now, Sorry at everyone, i have thinked that this was a public thread where everyone Can post some dinosaur mix.

Predasaurskillekor

Don't worry! We're not mad at you! It was just confusion!  ^-^ I'll talk to you in a Pm.

I won't change the title. It has been named this way for almost 7 years now. We better should post a bit more carefully instead!
C:-) This is the Collections section. With the exception of the Recent Acquisitions thread only personal collections are shown here.

And this thread is also in the Top Topics section, meaning many new visitors to the site go to it first along with the Identification thread etc. So you can see where the mistakes come from.

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 30, 2016, 09:23:56 PM
What a lovely line-up of stegosaurids, and so beautifully photographed, as always!

:) Thank you!

Quote from: Albertosaurus on November 30, 2016, 09:21:44 PM
Done. I was just letting Predasaurskillekor know about his mistake. .......
Quote from: Predasaurskillekor on November 30, 2016, 09:35:10 PM

:) Thank you both. I know that was a bit nit-picking by me. I appreciate your fast reaction.
And Predasaurskillekor - no reason to apologize so much ... you didn't break any forum rule. It's just about style :).

docronnie

I am just curious, between the Kaiyodo Dinotales and PNSO mini figures, which one do you like better and why?

Thanks in advance!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

DinoLord

Quote from: DinoLord on November 27, 2016, 06:14:24 PM
Very nice. I'm guessing you weren't keen on the golden toad female variant figure?

I wouldn't mind having the female version of the toad, but - as CityRaptor has already mentioned - the complete
set would have cost an extra USD 30 and I'm not willing to pay this for an extra alternatively coloured figure.

Ah, perhaps I should've been clearer. I meant not keen enough to pay several times the set value for it. Unfortunate that the cost was so much; it'd been nice to have a 'mated pair' so to speak.

Thanks for sharing photos of the PNSO miniatures. I think they are almost on level with the Kaiyodo figures, with just the eyes being painted a bit large. If PNSO can improve this then they will have made some worthy successors to the Dinotales line.

Halichoeres

Those stegosaurs do go together exceptionally well.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

i didnt realize the PNSO minis were that small. lovely photos as always!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

:) Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: docronnie on November 30, 2016, 11:50:07 PM
I am just curious, between the Kaiyodo Dinotales and PNSO mini figures, which one do you like better and why?

Thanks in advance!  :)

It's not easy for me to answer this question. I see them in different lights.

Kaiyodo Dinotales are in a class of their own. Even if some of their figures are out of date now, they still remain little pieces of art .... and the colouring is really unique! Some details like the translucent plates of the Dinotales No.029 Stegosaurus I only know from Kaiyodo models. A highly innovative company! The hard plastic material of the Dinotales makes them easier to take pictures of, they tend to look good in every pic you see of them.

PNSO is pretty new in the figure business and wow! Have we ever seen a toy company starting on that level? (Battat, maybe ...)
The PNSO minis actually do look better than I could show in my pictures >:( ... I don't know why I didn't get it right. As Dinolord already has mentioned - some of the eye paintjobs are a bit cartoonish. They should change that. A simple black dot like on the Miragaia is better than those oversized pupils. But that's the only (and easily fixable) problem I'm having with this otherwise wonderful line.

Which ones do I like better? Normally I'd always say Kaiyodo, but my two favourite figures of the seven seen above are the Dinotales No.100 Stegosaurus and the PNSO Miragaia (because of sculpting, pose, colours and character). So I guess it's a draw ^-^.

docronnie

Thanks for the in-depth reply, Helge!  :)

I agree that sometimes our photos could not do justice to some really captivating figures or any subject for that matter.  But the way you take your photos, I am assuming, that your bad days are at the least to almost nil.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

The Atroxious

I personally think the Kaiyodo style is really attractive on an artistic level, and I do prefer their figures over all, but PNSO has a special skill for stegosaurs in particular. I like stegosaurs in general, but I've never seen any company that produces such beautiful and dynamic representations as PNSO, especially considering that they do so with such consistency.

postsaurischian

PNSO mini No.018  Ouranosaurus

~ next to Gregory Wenzel's Battat version:

PNSO mini No.023  Olorotitan

~ next to CollectA's version:

LophoLeeVT

wow the collecta olorotitan and pnso olorotitan looks so nice together!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

CityRaptor

Just look at those beautiful and elegant creatures. It's a shame that Ornithopods are not more popular.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

^-^
                                            KANNA DINOSAUR CENTER  Dinosaur Kingdom Autumn Festival Series
                                               Saurolophus angustirostris  (originally sculpted by Yoko Onishi)

Saurolophus trio ~ KANNA, Favorite & UHA Collect Club (from left to right):

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: