News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenestra

Wow wow wow! What impressive repaints! The Triceratops looks.... electrically charged? I love it.
The Caiuajara is almost kinda spooky with those eyes and head crest.  :))
Wonderful!

ceratopsian

The eye makes the Caiuajara look very alive. Beautiful treatment of the crest.

Bokisaurus

Wow😍 absolutely gorgeous repaint! Those colors are beautifully blended it almost looks like watercolor.
That Caiuajara really is a beautiful figure !

sauroid

whoah the Triceratops and Caiuajara look almost alive. is Ben van Steenberge a member of the forum? (i see him a lot in FB groups)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

No, at least not when I last bought things from him.  He knows about us though.

Quote from: sauroid on February 27, 2021, 06:24:29 AM
whoah the Triceratops and Caiuajara look almost alive. is Ben van Steenberge a member of the forum? (i see him a lot in FB groups)

SidB

I haven't tuned in to your thread recently, but I'm glad that I did this morning - what a treat, as usual. Both of these repaints are striking.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Triceratops is impressive but the Caiujara is something else. Truly out of this world and extremely realistic.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you all for the comments! I'm very much in love with those two repaints.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

Vitae 1:35 Jinyunpelta sinensis scenario set with base
                                                                  ~ •    originally sculpted by Cheung Chung Tat    • ~

next to other Vitae figures: 1. Tiantaiosaurus, 2. Zhejiangosaurus, 3. Wuerhosaurus

postsaurischian

:)

~ •    Qualia - Mushroom set  &  Safari - Good Luck minis    • ~

(from upper left to lower right)
                                              Phallus indusiatus & Spinosaurus     •     Entoloma virescens & Dimetrodon
                                    Panaeolus papilionaceus & Brachiosaurus     •     Pholiota microspora & Tyrannosaurus
                                           Marasmius pulcherripes & Stegosaurus     •     Amanita muscaria & Triceratops

Kapitaenosavrvs

Just went and looked at your last postings here. Just wow. These Repaints and Photos are outstanding and a real enrichment for this Forum. Together with the other Collection Threads. They scream Passion.

Love the Mushrooms. More Mushrooms. These Marasmius pulcherripes are my favorites out of the six, because of the slightly surreal vibe.

postsaurischian

:)  Thanks, avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs - I also like the Marasmius pulcherripes, but my favourite of the set is the Pholiota microspora.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D

Eofauna Scientific Research 1:35 Triceratops sp.   
                                                     based on specimen: MOR 3027 & UCMP 128561 (scaled to UCMP 128561)

v    EOfauna Dinosaurs: Atlasaurus imelakei / Giganotosaurus carolinii / Triceratops sp.    v

It makes a beautiful couple with Greg Wenzel's Dinosaur Studio 1:35 Triceratops horridus
               v    which has been the Triceratops with the proportional longest frontal horns in my collection so far    v

v    and in combat with PNSO Tyrannosaurus    v

Duna

What fantastic pictures of such a nice figure .... congrats!!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your exceptional photos and on your new acquisitions. That Eofauna triceratops is totally exciting, honestly seeing it with the PNSO tyrannosaurus one marvels at how those two iconic dinosaurs have changed with the "retro" figures that existed 40 to 50 years ago, according to the latest scientific research. Thanks for sharing those photos. The Eofauna triceratops I like every day more especially when the blue it has is much darker than the promotional photographs.

ceratopsian

Beautiful photos. Mine arrived yesterday. You have captured the richness and intensity of the colours very well.

sauroid

gorgeous models, gorgeous photos.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Bokisaurus

Very nice, well done! Those shrooms are absolutely fun! ;)

Kapitaenosavrvs

Once again, i am in love with these Bases :D They look fantastic. The Pictures too, of course :D
But these Plants and the way everything is coloured. Just fantastic. I am really looking forward to my EoFauna Triceratops. Have to wait a bit longer, but i do not think that it will sell out in the next few Weeks.

Thanks for sharing.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 23, 2021, 06:03:37 PM
Once again, i am in love with these Bases :D They look fantastic. The Pictures too, of course :D
But these Plants and the way everything is coloured. Just fantastic. I am really looking forward to my EoFauna Triceratops. Have to wait a bit longer, but i do not think that it will sell out in the next few Weeks.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much, avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs - all bases in the EOfauna Triceratops post are the work of Martin Garratt :) .

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 14, 2021, 01:57:57 AM
Very nice, well done! Those shrooms are absolutely fun! ;)

Thank you B @Bokisaurus! I'm glad someone else likes the mushrooms :) .

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •     BLACKHORSE Studio 1:10 Kepodactylus     • ~
                                                                   sculpted by Han Xiao  ~  painted by Martin Garratt

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ    little pterosaur collection (clockwise from the top)    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Collecta Caiuajara   •   Sideshow Tupuxuara   •   Sen Sen Nemicolopterus
                          BLACKHORSE Studio Kepodactylus   •   REBOR Dimorphodon   •   Lu Feng Shan Anhanguera

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: