News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Halichoeres

That's a great sculpture! Not enough pterosaur figures in the world, but this helps.

Put me down as another fan of the mushrooms, too.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

It's turned out beautifully.  I hadn't realised how small it was until I saw it alongside SenSen's Nemicolopterus!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow! That was a surprise to see the Size in the End. What fantastic sculpt and Paintjob! Outstanding. Congratulations :D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That is a beautiful pterosaur figure ^-^
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

My congratulations for all your figures, the one that impresses me the most in my case is the anhanguera by Lu Feng Shan and the 1:10 Kepodactylus Blackhorse Studio. I love those pterosaurs, they are very exotic and the anhanguera is huge.

Libraraptor

As always,  following this thread is a feast for the eyes!

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 26, 2021, 05:06:30 PMPut me down as another fan of the mushrooms, too.

Hooray for the mushrooms :D !

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 26, 2021, 06:32:43 PMI hadn't realised how small it was until I saw it alongside SenSen's Nemicolopterus!
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 26, 2021, 08:54:33 PMWow! That was a surprise to see the Size in the End.

Just like the Stygimoloch, the Kepodactylus is a relatively small model with unbelievable details.
 Han Xiao must be sculpting these with much subtlety. Just like Martin does with the painting.

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 27, 2021, 10:19:55 AMAs always,  following this thread is a feast for the eyes!

That's the plan :) .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)

~ •    Shapeways MB-CG pair of 1:12 Hyperodapedon (Scaphonyx)    • ~
                                                   designed by Manuel Bejarano del Pino / painted & based by Martin Garratt

ceratopsian

Another treat for the eyes!  Such beautiful colours.

sauroid

this is THE god-tier level collectors thread
Helge you should compile these photos and publish as a hardcopy book. i will buy one. ;)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

UK

Quote from: sauroid on March 27, 2021, 05:06:40 PM
Helge you should compile these photos and publish as a hardcopy book. i will buy one. ;)

Now that is a great idea.

Libraraptor

Quote from: UK on March 28, 2021, 08:13:48 PM

That is what I think,  too.

UK

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 28, 2021, 09:29:28 PM
Quote from: UK on March 28, 2021, 08:13:48 PM

That is what I think,  too.

Seems a consensus is building avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian..... May be a potential crowd funding exercise Helge 😉

postsaurischian

;D  He, he, thank you guys! You're too kind. But I wouldn't know how to do that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.44
                                                                            ~ •    Parasaurolophus    • ~

v    PNSO Hadrosaurs  ~  Corythosaurus   •   Lambeosaurus   •   Parasaurolophus    v

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

Tempting that PNSO parasaurolophus, the color, sculpture and details of the painting on the body are amazing but what I like the most is the blue color of their eyes, could dinosaurs have blue eyes? Are there vertebrate animals that have blue eyes? I ask because I am quite ignorant when it comes to animal biology.

What a good group those figures make, I hope a tsintaosaurus, hypacrosaurus and velafrons make PNSO although honestly their crests are quite similar. Of course I would like a "retro" tsintaosaurus from PNSO or another Chinese or Western toy dinosaur brand (eg Rebor).

My congratulations on your photos.

Lynx

Huskies and a few coral reef fish have blue eyes. Not sure if any reptiles do though.

Edit: yes, they do. A species of iguana and some morph of Bearded Dragon have blue eyes.
An oversized house cat.

Duna

Quote from: Lynx on March 29, 2021, 08:41:07 PM
Huskies and a few coral reef fish have blue eyes. Not sure if any reptiles do though.

Edit: yes, they do. A species of iguana and some morph of Bearded Dragon have blue eyes.
And some snakes, too! And Gonocephalus liogaster ... A true blue eyed beauty in a brownish body: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/48/3b/c3/483bc3e758c3c5617081c4d194f79d3f.jpg

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Stunning as ever, I always enjoy coming into this thread.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

stoneage

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: