News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: SidB on February 10, 2024, 12:42:49 AMThese highly precise images have given me an excellent baseline over against which to compare the future HLG release, so that I can make the right choice. Thanks, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian .

It's my pleasure! The main difference will be the size (see below both figures on the same base).

For the 1:35 hardcore fanatics it should be mentioned that I consider the PNSO Edmontosaurus much too big for my 1:35 collection.
 I know scale opinions differ a lot here, but measured along the spine the figure is 35cm long. I'm not sure if there's a 12m long Edmontosaurus species.
 The PNSO Albertosaurus for example wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance to bring this hefty figure down ;D .

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 10, 2024, 09:24:57 AM
Quote from: SidB on February 10, 2024, 12:42:49 AMThese highly precise images have given me an excellent baseline over against which to compare the future HLG release, so that I can make the right choice. Thanks, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian .

It's my pleasure! The main difference will be the size (see below both figures on the same base).

For the 1:35 hardcore fanatics it should be mentioned that I consider the PNSO Edmontosaurus much too big for my 1:35 collection.
 I know scale opinions differ a lot here, but measured along the spine the figure is 35cm long. I'm not sure if there's a 12m long Edmontosaurus species.
 The PNSO Albertosaurus for example wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance to bring this hefty figure down ;D .

Please have a look at this size comparison of different Edmontosaurus specimens. The largest specimens YPM616, MOR1142 and MOR1609 are even longer than 12 meters.

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 10, 2024, 10:07:11 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on February 10, 2024, 09:24:57 AM

Please have a look at this size comparison of different Edmontosaurus specimens. The largest specimens YPM616, MOR1142 and MOR1609 are even longer than 12 meters.

Thanks, T @thomasw100 and avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian , for this feedback. Regardless of whether I pick up the PNSO or the HTG version, I'm pretty sure that I'll be retiring my CollectA version, just like it retired my Safari into storage.

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •   MK Studio  1:20  Dakotaraptor  No. A.034  • ~
                                                                               built & painted by Martin Garratt

I have heard about the invalidity of Dakotaraptor. One could also just call it a genus of large dromaeosaurid from the Hell Creek Formation.

A bit too big for 1:20. It's more about 1:16 - 1:18 for a 550 cm species

v     compared to Wild Safari's Deinonychus     v

ceratopsian

Beautiful work by Martin on the feather coat.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 07, 2024, 12:46:45 AM~ •   MK Studio  1:20  Dakotaraptor  No. A.034  • ~
                                                                              built & painted by Martin Garratt                             

A bit too big for 1:20. It's more about 1:16 - 1:18 for a 550 cm species                                            

Just beautiful.
I think of how much work needed to be invested in order to paint all those fine feathers lines.
I was contemplating about getting the Dakota myself , after seeing some similar amazing color applications at the 2024 winter festival ,or more likely, the unassembled kit -
so, I'm glad there is someone here I can ask :
It seems the material is a light weight 3D printer Polyurethane, isn't it ?
despite Lanatime says it's Resin.
Am I right ?

p.s.
Could I ask for another comparison shot for scale ?

postsaurischian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 09, 2024, 09:18:42 PMIt seems the material is a light weight 3D printer Polyurethane, isn't it ?
despite Lanatime says it's Resin.
Am I right ?

p.s.
Could I ask for another comparison shot for scale ?
Thank you for your comment avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio.
I must admit I'm no expert when it comes to synthetic materials. The model isn't more or less light weight than other resin models I have.
But it's definitely made of heavier material than the 3D models from Shapeways I own, if this helps.
Unfortunately I won't be able to take pictures before the weekend. Is there anything in particular you want me to compare with the Dakotaraptor?

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 11, 2024, 09:10:28 AM... Is there anything in particular you want me to compare with the Dakotaraptor?
Thanks.
Any one or more from this group of medium sized bipedals will do :
( I allowed myself posting here a small pic ... )

Carnegie 2009 Spinosaurus
Carnegie 2011 Carnotaurus 
CollectA Deluxe 1:40 Scale Therizinosaurus
CollectA Deluxe 1:40 Scale Deinocheirus
Papo 55069 Therizinosaurus
Schleich 15003 Therizinosaurus

postsaurischian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 11, 2024, 08:54:52 PMAny one or more from this group of medium sized bipedals will do :

;D That's going to be an unusual combination shot for me, but why not?
  I only have the Carnegies and the Papo. Will do a pic next weekend.

postsaurischian

avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio: Here are two pics with the Carnegies and the Papo :) :

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

By the way - the Dakotaraptor came with a small Mamenchisaurus statue. Don't ask me why! I cannot connect any dots.
 Anyway, it's cute and Martin Garratt gave him some colours as well.

:)  MK Studio Mamenchisaurus

•    next to PNSO's second Dinosaurs Museum figure    •

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 17, 2024, 08:23:45 PMavatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio: Here are two pics with the Carnegies and the Papo :) :

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
By the way - the Dakotaraptor came with a small Mamenchisaurus statue. Don't ask me why! I cannot connect any dots.
 Anyway, it's cute and Martin Garratt gave him some colours as well.
Thanks.
So the size is ideal.
Tha Mamenchisaurus is added as a bonus - as the seller testified in the links I added.
I want to ask - did Martin followed any obvious Outlines on the surface of the mold for his painting schemes -
or it is just an independent thought of him ? ( I don't see any clear outlines on the mold )

ceratopsian

A very cute little free gift!

postsaurischian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 18, 2024, 03:50:00 PMI want to ask - did Martin followed any obvious Outlines on the surface of the mold for his painting schemes -
or it is just an independent thought of him ? ( I don't see any clear outlines on the mold )

The feather outlines are hard to see in the pics, but they are there and Martin followed them with brown, black and white colours.

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 18, 2024, 06:49:47 PMA very cute little free gift!

Yes, it is ^-^ .

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Chasmosaurus  • ~

•     next to Shapeways Chasmosaurus belli by Manuel Bejarano     •

•     First come, first served     •

Kaiyodo Dinoland Chasmosaurus makes the trio complete / both other Chasmosaurs were painted by Martin Garratt

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 28, 2024, 08:39:15 PMKaiyodo Dinoland Chasmosaurus makes the trio complete / both other Chasmosaurs were painted by Martin Garratt

You are mixing PVC, Vinyl and Resin - I never do that ... :)

The Kaiyodo Chasmosaurus has always been my all time favorite ( and also my first loss on YAJ ... to better remember it )

postsaurischian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 01, 2024, 08:12:40 AMYou are mixing PVC, Vinyl and Resin - I never do that ... :)

The only criterion that has to be met in this thread is beauty :D .

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Edmontosaurus  • ~

•    HAOLONGGOOD's ornithopods so far ~ with Tlatolophus galorum & Ouranosaurus    •

•    my small Edmontosaurus collection ~ PNSO / HAOLONGGOOD / WWD 3D / Wild Safari    •

DinoToyForum

What a gorgeous figure. I find the style of this one pleasingly reminiscent of artwork by avatar_Himmapaan @Himmapaan

Gwangi

That definitely settles it, I'm getting the gold one.

ceratopsian

Beauty is a valid criterion and the gold one certainly qualifies!

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: DinoToyForum on April 15, 2024, 12:52:34 AMWhat a gorgeous figure. I find the style of this one pleasingly reminiscent of artwork by avatar_Himmapaan @Himmapaan

Argh! You remind me of the fact that I usually forget about at least one figure in my group shots.
 How could I forget the David Krentz mini Edmontosaurus which was painted by Himmapaan.
 I've always loved Himmapaan's art and I'm the proud owner of a small original - detail can be seen in my avatar on the left.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: