News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleona

That Fukuisaurus looks so happy!  ^-^  Really great looking feet there.  Not sure how I feel about the super-shrink-wrapping in the Favorite line, but it is a lovely model.

Mamasaurus

I always enjoy seeing these beautiful pictures of your collection. I love how the fukuisaurus seems to be smiling  ^-^

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Megalosaurus

Wonderful Eryops.
Is its color scheme based on a real amphibian or an artwork?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

sauroid

beautiful figures and photos, as usual.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fukuiraptor

Actually there are different designs of the leaflets  :)

joossa

I agree. I really like the Fukuisaurus and it's colors. :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

LophoLeeVT

wheere is the fukuisautus on the leaflet
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

postsaurischian

Quote from: Megalosaurus on August 25, 2015, 12:13:37 AM
Wonderful Eryops.
Is its color scheme based on a real amphibian or an artwork?

I had sent Martin a photo of a certain Natterjack Toad towards which he orientated himself,
but he also added some own ideas, like the little red dots for example ... which I really like :).

Quote from: raptor64870 on August 29, 2015, 02:29:59 AM
wheere is the fukuisautus on the leaflet

The Fukuisaurus is from the Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum.
The Turiasaurus is from the Mega-Dinosaur Exhibition at Makuhari Messe Convention Centre in Chiba.
So they're not on the same leaflet.

postsaurischian

^-^   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum ~ Encyclopedia of The Paleozoic

Opabinia & Triarthrus in the  foreground

Pterygotus

Bothriolepis

... compared to Dinotales series 1 No.016 B

Eusthenopteron

... compared to Dinotales series 6 No.103 A+B

Mamasaurus

Oh my, those are gorgeous! I particularly like the bothriolepis. Paleozoic animals are often so different than current fauna that's it's difficult to make them look like real animals, instead of movie monsters or aliens.  Thank you for sharing!  :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

joossa

I agree. All the colors work so well. :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

postsaurischian

:) I love it!

TERRA by Battat, Dan LoRusso Collection 1:40 Amargasaurus cazaui
                                 > with thanks to amargasaurus cazaui for purchasing and sending it across the Atlantic.

... thank you, Dan .. :'(.

postsaurischian

^-^  SEGA Prize large vinyl  Amargasaurus  (originally sculpted by Hirokazu Tokugawa)
                         > I've been wanting this one for some years - it has always been so rare and expensive.
                            Thanks to Brett (brettnj) I was able to get it from the Japanese Yahoo page for a reasonable price.

..... compared to the SEGA Vignetteum version:

Ezikot

Postsaurischian, you should change the title of the topic...
your collection is way more than a "Beautiful Dinosaur mix"!

Halichoeres

It makes a nice pair with the Vignetteum! Do you know the lengths/scales of each?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Simon

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 14, 2015, 03:52:01 PM

^-^  SEGA Prize large vinyl Amargasaurus
                         > I've been wanting this one for some years - it has always been so rare and expensive.
                            Thanks to Brett (brettnj) I was able to get it from the Japanese Yahoo page for a reasonable price.

*SNIP*

Isn't it a fabulous sauropod figure? I'm glad you got one for your collection.  This model is one of the most underrated "holy grail" pieces out there.  Do you plan on repainting it by any chance?  It would look lifelike in a natural color scheme!

Viking Spawn

Wow!  That looks very nice without customization!   I always thought Amargasaurus was a unique looking animal! 

postsaurischian

:) Thanks all for the comments!

Quote from: Ezikot on October 14, 2015, 04:08:04 PM
Postsaurischian, you should change the title of the topic...
your collection is way more than a "Beautiful Dinosaur mix"!

I know there's more than Dinosaurs in this collection thread.
But it has been named this way for more than 5 years now and when it comes to things like this I'm a bit traditional :-[.

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 14, 2015, 05:37:54 PM
It makes a nice pair with the Vignetteum! Do you know the lengths/scales of each?

>  Vignetteum Amargasaurus: length ~ 19 cm (about 1:50)
>  Large Vinyl Amargasaurus: length ~ 51 cm (about 1:20)

Quote from: Simon on October 14, 2015, 05:38:50 PM
Isn't it a fabulous sauropod figure? I'm glad you got one for your collection.  This model is one of the most underrated "holy grail" pieces out there.  Do you plan on repainting it by any chance?  It would look lifelike in a natural color scheme!

Thanks, Simon. Yes, it is awesome! Certainly not underrated by me. It has been on top of my want list for years.
Before I got it the plan was to send it to Martin right away. Now that I have it I kind of like the pop art look :-[ :). I'll give it another thought.

Halichoeres

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 14, 2015, 06:59:49 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 14, 2015, 05:37:54 PM

>  Vignetteum Amargasaurus: length ~ 19 cm (about 1:50)
>  Large Vinyl Amargasaurus: length ~ 51 cm (about 1:20)

Thank you! And congrats.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoLord

Congratulations Helge! I also recently received one of these beauties from Brett. Originally I thought the bright colors would be a bit off-putting, but after seeing it in person I think it has a nice degree of subtlety to it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: