You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Kaiyodo Capsule Dinosaurs - Ceratopsians - Due For Release September

Started by Blackdanter, August 12, 2013, 01:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

Can anyone read the names on that iguanodont set? I can pick out Iguanodon (duh) and Ouranosaurus, and I think the brown one with the big nose on the right is Muttaburrasaurus, but I'm not sure what the others are meant to be.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

docronnie

I'll be really patient... they will arrive in the future.  Hope to get them, since Ceratopsians are my favorite dinos.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blackdanter

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 20, 2013, 04:42:57 AM
Quote from: Blackdanter on August 13, 2013, 09:08:18 PM
Here's something else I've been sitting on for a while. Looks interesting but none of my contacts seem to know anything about it. Anyone heard anything?

I asked a Japanese friend about the Iguanodontids.
He says it was strange, but there's no company or producer's name written on it and asked me if it was maybe a joke ad that somebody made ;D.

I don't think so. I don't know any of the figures shown. Would someone make such an effort (it's very professionaly done) just for a joke?
Of course not - so any help and relevant information would be highly appreciated!

It had crossed my mind too. Which is why I've sat on it for six months whilst I tried to chase down some info. As you say, it's a bit of effort for a joke and what about the figures/images? Surely, if you were creating a prank you'd just use existing images/figures? I wonder whether it's a projected or cancelled set? Maybe someone was commissioned to create the figures and it's fallen by the wayside at the final hurdle. I hope not as some of those figures look awesome. 

Blackdanter

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 21, 2013, 12:20:27 PM
Looks like Bandai has a "new" Capsule Set aswell:
http://gashapon.jp/products/detail.html?charaid=555&prodid=555001
Looks like a re-release of an older set.

Yep, they're all figures from previous sets. Bit of a mixed bag really.

EmperorDinobot

If those Iguanodonts are the real deal, oh my God. Oh my God.

But still, those ceratopians look fantastic. I really should increase my kaiyodo collection. Problem is I have absolutely no space for ANYTHING. For those of you who have seen my park, I really REALLY don't have space for any more dinosaurs.

postsaurischian

Roselaar

That looks like a very interesting set! Is it also made by Kaiyodo?

Bokisaurus

Well, I finally got them! Really awesome set, I just wish there were two more fleshed out figures instead of the skull and skeleton.
Each of the figures came with a little figure for scale, yes, that includes a skeleton and skull (human)!
[
[]

with the Styracosaur
[

More pictures ( larger) with black background in my ceratopsian thread. Enjoy!

Jetoar

Amazing capsule dinosaurs  ^-^. Skeletons and Skull are a good adition  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Very cool. Anyone know of a cheap place to get these from in the U.S.? I missed out on getting the Tyrannosaurus set for cheap but I don't want to miss this one too.

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on October 27, 2013, 02:36:23 AM
Very cool. Anyone know of a cheap place to get these from in the U.S.? I missed out on getting the Tyrannosaurus set for cheap but I don't want to miss this one too.

I was going to post the ebay seller I bought from (still waiting) but he(?) appears to have sold out of all 13 sets on offer.  They can also be found on jauce.com, but it will cost a lot more after all fees.

But still less than what the set will cost this time next year.

Bokisaurus

Here you go, quick! very reasonable and free shipping! Hurry, seller already down to last 3 set!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAIYODO-Capsule-Q-Museum-Triceratops-Figure-set-of-5-/251366473656?

Ikessauro

I got one set Boki, thanks for the tip. By the way, which Triceratops variant comes in this pack, the green one or the gray one?

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 27, 2013, 07:02:42 AM

Here you go, quick! very reasonable and free shipping! Hurry, seller already down to last 3 set!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAIYODO-Capsule-Q-Museum-Triceratops-Figure-set-of-5-/251366473656?

That's where I got mine--he was out when I went to look (and now has just one left!).

Gwangi

Damn, I missed it.  >:( I guess the next time I request information like this I should request it in a private message.

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on October 27, 2013, 05:51:21 PM
Damn, I missed it.  >:( I guess the next time I request information like this I should request it in a private message.

I bought mine a while back, just waiting for delivery.

He seems to have lots--the first time I bought from him, it was set 6 of 8, then he added more (and upped the price) and then added even more.  I highly recommend keeping an eye on this seller.

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on October 27, 2013, 09:28:48 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 27, 2013, 05:51:21 PM

I bought mine a while back, just waiting for delivery.

He seems to have lots--the first time I bought from him, it was set 6 of 8, then he added more (and upped the price) and then added even more.  I highly recommend keeping an eye on this seller.

Yeah, I plan on keeping an eye on him. And thanks all the same for the info.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 27, 2013, 02:35:18 PM
I got one set Boki, thanks for the tip. By the way, which Triceratops variant comes in this pack, the green one or the gray one?

Not sure, I got my original set from a different seller, and I got the green version. I would like to have this grey version,too ;D
Glad you got a set, they are awesome! ;D

Gwangi

Managed to get a set for a very reasonable price. Thanks to everyone who helped me track these guys down, fantastic set.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: