News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

postsaurischian

I'm interested in what Sideshow model people like the most.
The Maquettes (Statues) or the Dioramas? It's hard to decide, so you have 3 votes ;).

Here are the nominees in alphabetical order:
(the upper picture is the original, the pic below is the re-issue)

1.  Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama

2.  Apatosaurus maquette

3.  Brachiosaurus ornament

4.  Carnotaurus maquette

5.  Ceratosaurus statue

6.  Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama

7.  Dilophosaurus maquette

8.  Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette

9.  Gastonia statue

10.  Mosasaur statue

11.  Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama

12.  Spinosaurus maquette

13.  Stegosaurus maquette

14.  Styracosaurus maquette

15.  Triceratops statue

16.  Tupuxuara maquette

17.  Tyrannosaurus rex maquette

18.  Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama

19.  T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue

DinoToyForum

A very difficult decision indeed! I don't have any of these, so I'm only able to base my decision on photos and reviews.
I plumped for Apatosaurus, Styracosaurus, and Deinosuchus/Parasaurolophus.
I would surely eat up a plesiosaurian in this line.

brontodocus

Same here, I can only rely on photos... :'(
Anyway, I voted for Apatosaurus, Carnotaurus, and Krentz Tyrannosaurus.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Tylosaurus

Here's my votes :)

1. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
2. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
3. Spinosaurus maquette

Yeah these totally Rock! :P

Himmapaan

Dan

A difficult choice indeed, but having seen them all in person, my top three (in no particular order) would be:

Apatosaurus - Simply a gorgeous sculpt
Carnotaurus - Great sense of movement, and the detail exceeds every other piece in the line. If every Sideshow piece looked like this, it would endanger the resin model market.
Tyrannosaurus vs. Triceratops - For sheer action, this one is tough to beat

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would have to say the most popular is the Rex maquette or Apatosaurus maquette.

My favorites ? Hmm..

Probably the T-Rex..the detail and feel of the piece..it's sheer character puts it up there for me.

Carnotaurus, as Dan said Adrian did so much detail work on it..something he is very good at..the pose and power of it make it the best Carno I own or have seen.  Apatosaurus..it's so HUGE !  You really get a feel for the size of the real animal by looking at it..and at the same time you want to just pick it up and hug it. ;D

Pachyrhinosaurus

I do not currently own any, but my first choice would be the apatosaurus maquette.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Patrx

I do not own any of them either, but if I could afford one, hands-down I'd get the Velociraptor vs. Protoceratops first. Honestly, I'd buy it if it were just the Velociraptor, because they got the feathers right and nobody ever does that :P Second choice would have to go to the Camarasaurus/Allosaurus diorama, then the Apatosaurus maquette.

Meso-Cenozoic

Jeremy K9

I voted for David's Tyrannosaurus Rex Maquette, his Styracosaurus Maquette, and the Carnotaurus Maquette.

I feel those three are very well rounded pieces, succeeding in sculpt, paint, and pose. I would have chosen the Apatosaurus Maquette over the Styracosaurus, had it not failed miserably in the paint department. :(       I don't count the Stegosaurus maquette, seeing as it isn't out yet. These pieces need to be seen in person to truly be appreciated and judged.  ;)

JurassicJr

They're all awesome!  ;D I voted for the Apatosaurus, Spinosaurus, & Tyrannosaurus rex vs Triceratops diorama. My 4th pick (honorable mention) goes to the Carnotaurus Maquette.

Dyscrasia

I like them all for different reasons, but my favorites are...

T. rex maquette
- Not only is it a highly accurate representation of one the most beloved dinosaur, it's character and subtle details really stand out.

T. rex vs. Triceratops diorama
- I'm quite surprsied this dio didn't get a lot of votes, but it's an incredibly dynamic piece, and it's the very reason I got hooked up in the line.

Apatosaurus maquette
- An absolute beauty! How can one not love it?

Joel

My favorite three are the Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus, Krentz Tyrannosaurus, and the Tyrannosaurus vs Triceratops. I also like the Spinosaurus and the Apatosaurus. I also think the Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama looks cool, but since I don't own that one, I cannot make a accurate judgment.   

This thread got me thinking about future Sideshow projects, so I'll start a new one.

Gwangi

Difficult to choose, that is for sure. Also hard to simply look at knowing I won't be owning any of these anytime soon. I voted for the Trannosaurus, Apatosaurus and Camarasaurus vs. Allosaurus.

0onarcissisto0

I only own one of these bad boys: the Apatosaurus maquette. It's displayed in my living room. Oh, what a sight! Nonetheless, my first choice would actually be the Stegosaurus, followed by the Apatosaurus and then the Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus diorama. I agree that the paintjob of the actual piece you get is nowhere near the advertised one, which is indeed a bummer. However, I plan on repainting my Apatosaurus one day (and fixing its cracked tail).
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on March 25, 2012, 07:21:45 AM
I only own one of these bad boys: the Apatosaurus maquette. It's displayed in my living room. Oh, what a sight! Nonetheless, my first choice would actually be the Stegosaurus, followed by the Apatosaurus and then the Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus diorama. I agree that the paintjob of the actual piece you get is nowhere near the advertised one, which is indeed a bummer. However, I plan on repainting my Apatosaurus one day (and fixing its cracked tail).

You know..Martin has been dying to repaint one of these guys..I'm sure he'd love to tackle yours. :)

tyrantqueen

My favourite is the Carnotaurus. Mostly because of the fluid, dynamic pose, and the detailed sculpt (not that all other Sideshows don't have that, but this one sticks out to me for some reason)
Also, because it was (until the Carnegie Carno came about) probably the best depiction of the animal you could find at the time.

I like the T-Rex and Apatosaurus as well.

DinoLord

The Apatosaurus is my favorite. It also happens to be the only one I own. I'm also fond of the T.rex maquette, but by the time I had accumulated the funds that could buy it it was no longer available.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 25, 2012, 06:47:43 PM
My favourite is the Carnotaurus. Mostly because of the fluid, dynamic pose, and the detailed sculpt (not that all other Sideshows don't have that, but this one sticks out to me for some reason)
Also, because it was (until the Carnegie Carno came about) probably the best depiction of the animal you could find at the time.

I like the T-Rex and Apatosaurus as well.

I also liked McVeys older Carnotaurus..it's slightly above the Carnegie to me..being just as detailed and having an awesome base as well.   The SS piece just trumps em' both due to scale though.. ;D

Quote from: DinoLord on March 25, 2012, 07:20:12 PM
The Apatosaurus is my favorite. It also happens to be the only one I own. I'm also fond of the T.rex maquette, but by the time I had accumulated the funds that could buy it it was no longer available.

I've heard the Rex was going for 4-600 on eBay now..crazy.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: