News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Arul

Ignoring the price, that is the best trex figure. I really want that figure...

Dobber

Dang, Blade...that looks so good. Friday can not come fast enough!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm very impressed. Jorge outdid himself on the sculpt and the painters actually did alright this round.  I think this girl and David's male are pretty much tied as my favorite Rexes in the line.

Looking back, the storyline for David's older male mentioned a larger female Rex I believe he was cautious of?  This Dark Queen could fit that role nicely if you want continuity.

Patrx

It's very impressive in a sculptural sense, but definitely not my style. I do like the inclusion of lips.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on April 29, 2015, 05:47:02 PM
It's very impressive in a sculptural sense, but definitely not my style. I do like the inclusion of lips.

is it the lack of feathers bud?

joossa

Anyone know if the poor paint application on the Carnotaurus has been consistent? I know there were a few shots of a statue or two early on, but am wondering if subsequent statues have been just as bad. I was really considering getting it
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: joossa on April 30, 2015, 06:21:20 AM
Anyone know if the poor paint application on the Carnotaurus has been consistent? I know there were a few shots of a statue or two early on, but am wondering if subsequent statues have been just as bad. I was really considering getting it

I've heard some others were better but haven't seen pics really of many.

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2015, 01:57:57 AM

Not to start that fire, but, yeah; it almost doesn't look like Tyrannosaurus without them to me anymore  :)) Plus, it just looks so ... grouchy. Intimidating. Nothing wrong with that, but I've seen it before, y'know?

Arul

Quote from: joossa on April 30, 2015, 06:21:20 AM

True, the real paint of carno is veryyy yeah you know, i chose the old carno (dark brown & grey)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on April 30, 2015, 05:47:01 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2015, 01:57:57 AM

Not to start that fire, but, yeah; it almost doesn't look like Tyrannosaurus without them to me anymore  :)) Plus, it just looks so ... grouchy. Intimidating. Nothing wrong with that, but I've seen it before, y'know?

Totally understand. I'm not starting any arguments over it..lol

My guess is they wanted a maquette to show off the "awesombro-ness" of it after David's Rex is closed mouth and more " regal" ? In pose.

It's also made to be paired with the Triceratops later..so perhaps the pose is justified.

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2015, 06:15:31 PM

My guess is they wanted a maquette to show off the "awesombro-ness" of it after David's Rex is closed mouth and more " regal" ? In pose.

That makes a lot of sense :) I like David's sculpt a little better overall, but that's as much due to style as pose.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on April 30, 2015, 07:01:36 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2015, 06:15:31 PM

That makes a lot of sense :) I like David's sculpt a little better overall, but that's as much due to style as pose.

I like a variety of styles too..I asked David recently about getting back into sculpting and he said something like " just when you think your out they pull you back in" .  So...maybe?

TJ_Terrorsaur

I do enjoy looking at these but after seeing some images of them and how big they are I'm afraid I may not be able to get these. :( Not to mention they're expensive and if they should fall I'd be out 500+ dollars or so. They do look wonderful though.  :)

Dyscrasia

After a loooooooooooooong wait (damn customs office  >:( ), finally receiving the T. rex today  ^-^

Arul

Good for you Dyscrasia, are the trex okay ?

Dyscrasia

Quote from: ARUL on May 08, 2015, 06:55:20 AM
Good for you Dyscrasia, are the trex okay ?

Luckily, I received one with good paint apps and it had no noticeable defects. A bit of paint has been scraped off from the lower jaw (probably during shipping), but it's a minor issue.

I'll post some pics tomorrow  ;D

Dobber

Here is mine...#134. I made a few touch ups/ modifications

1) fixed the eyes and made them both face forward since the T-Rex had binocular vision. I also added the coloring around the pupil similar to the prototype.
2)added some color to the "crest" on the snout and around the eyes similar to the prototype, since mine was just the uniform color of the head.
3)Tried to subdue the spots on the jaw muscles as mine where pretty bad.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Arul

Oh man the new trex is very awesome...and the mosasaur is awesome too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice pics!  I think natural sunlight always makes a piece look best!

TJ_Terrorsaur

Whoa, oh wow that looks epic! Now I really wished I could get some of these. :D I might have to start saving for them once I have the adequate amount of space for them.
Though I do have a question or two...if that's okay. ^^;
How sturdy are these? I'd love to get them and say put them on a sturdy shelf near my husband's PVC figures, but I really don't one of these bad boys to fall over on them. X_x
How heavy are they?
Are all of them epically huge?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: