You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

The 'deltadromeus' reminds me of the Carnegie one, especially with the way they used the full binomial. Perhaps the name was inspired from there?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 11, 2014, 04:58:10 PM
I'd go with they are just being lazy. ;)
Yeah, but Deltadromeus and Rapator are more obscure names than Velociraptor and Dilophosaurus. They are not names that most people would know off the top of their head. It seems weird that they would be lazy about that, but go to the extra effort of researching the names.

By the way, you can take the "pterosaurs'" head off. Not sure why, but it is detachable:

CityRaptor

Probabyl saving on glue.
If they included other heads, it would be like the Gakken Ceratopsian. So it looks more like it is part of a combiner, with the head forming an axe, while the rest attaches to the back of some sort of Super robot.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

therizinosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 11, 2014, 06:30:46 PM
Yeah, but Deltadromeus and Rapator are more obscure names than Velociraptor and Dilophosaurus. They are not names that most people would know off the top of their head. It seems weird that they would be lazy about that, but go to the extra effort of researching the names.

I'm trying to figure out if they actually meant the genus Rapator or just misspelled "raptor"

SpittersForEver

Quote from: therizinosaurus on May 11, 2014, 08:25:59 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 11, 2014, 06:30:46 PM

I'm trying to figure out if they actually meant the genus Rapator or just misspelled "raptor"

Me too

Megalosaurus

I'd love to buy a bunch of 'deltadromeus'. And to see wath T-Rex are they bootleging.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Jetoar

Lovely acquisitions, this is my last them  ^-^.

Bullyland figures are really nice  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Jetoar on May 12, 2014, 03:57:44 PM
Lovely acquisitions, this is my last them.
Bullyland figures are really nice  ^-^.

Cool  8)

tyrantqueen

QuoteI'd love to buy a bunch of 'deltadromeus'. And to see wath T-Rex are they bootleging.
It's a bootleg of the Safari green Tyrannosaurus. This guy

But imagine it with less detail and a big ugly seam-line around the middle ;) And the legs on mine are distorted so it doesn't stand by itself very well.

stoneage

Bullyland Protochirotherium

Wild Safari Brachiosaurus

Wild Safari Diabloceratops

Favorite Figures from Bucketfoot

tyrantqueen

Chazza Knight art book:

Aimed at little children, but has some great photos of Kazunari Araki's models

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice score on the Charles Knight book !

sauroid

some recently acquired miscellaneous obscure figures
a fuzzy Ornithomimid

sega dinosaur king mini Pawpawsaurus (i think this is my second one from the series)

a baby something at one inch high (im not sure if this is a kaiju or dragon, since this was just given to me)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

sauroid

got these books a few days ago

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

What is "Reign of the Dinosaurs" like? Is it worth getting?

sauroid

it's a small paperback book. the infos are basic. i got it for the art that spans about 150 years, so there are tons of retro awesomeness.

Takama

Bokisaurus

Nice additions everyone.
Well, I got two Kaiyodo Dinoland figures to add to my collection.
First up is the Para at 1:20 scale, beautiful figure. Followed by the 1:35 scale T-Rex

Together

Not prehistoric, but recently extinct (?), Mojo's beautiful thylacine figure!

EmperorDinobot

"Now there's a naughty geeza, proper naughty!"

Technically, it is a dinosaur. I don't have to remind you why I'm called Emperor Dinobot, now do I?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: