News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Takama on October 18, 2014, 09:44:39 PM

New Geoworld Mammals.

Is geoworld new? Are they pricey? Cause i never heard of em. Lol
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Megalosaurus

New Geoworld Mammals.
Love to get the thylacosmilus and the megaloceros.
What size are those?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Takama

Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 20, 2014, 04:28:30 PM
New Geoworld Mammals.
Love to get the thylacosmilus and the megaloceros.
What size are those?

There Larger then the Dinosaurs. They average around Five inchs, and they have a mild heft to them

Bokisaurus

Juvenile T-rex, with feathers 8), by CollectA. It's an awesome little figure, light years away from Safari's version a few years back ;D
[
The feet is studier than it looks, so I don't think it will have any issues with warping. And the arms is not pronated  :P

CityRaptor

Also a huge improvement compared to their original Baby T.rex...And cute!

Quote from: Takama on October 20, 2014, 05:23:44 PM
There Larger then the Dinosaurs. They average around Five inchs, and they have a mild heft to them

Larger than the Dinosaurs? Madness! ;D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoLord

Finally got in the old Carnegie Diplodocus today. This was one I always wanted as a kid, but my parents would never buy it for me.

Let this be a lesson to all the parents out there - buy your kids the nice dinosaur toys they want or they will end up becoming crazed collectors like me!  ;)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: DinoLord on October 21, 2014, 01:01:25 AM
Finally got in the old Carnegie Diplodocus today. This was one I always wanted as a kid, but my parents would never buy it for me.

Let this be a lesson to all the parents out there - buy your kids the nice dinosaur toys they want or they will end up becoming crazed collectors like me!  ;)

Seconded. I am still looking for some pieces I remember not having when I was a lot younger.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Hynerpeton

I got a crassy from the sister site Animal Toy Forum. :) its been painted. But its growing on me. Hoping to get one unpainted someday too. ;)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

sauroid

@Bokisaurus: the CollectA T. rex chick looks so much better in your pics. a must have.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

A lot of beautiful Asian dinosaurs and asorted prehistoric critters arrived this week:

Complete set of eight Furuta dinosaur figures, plus a Kaiyodo Dinotales T-Rex and 2 Kaiyodo JP III dinosaurs I traded. The Furutasaurs are pretty neat, though not as detailed or fabulously sculpted as their Kaiyodo counterparts. Oddly enough, I already owned a Pachycephalosaurus, but this second specimen showed quite a different paint scheme. Variations or something? More info on this line would be appreciated.

The latest Favorite models: Anomalocaris and Dunkleosteus, plus the bigger, softer and cuter version of the Dunk. I'm amazed how much I like the latter, it's really a beast but it's so soft and cuddly!

alexeratops

Quote from: Roselaar on October 21, 2014, 09:23:25 PM
A lot of beautiful Asian dinosaurs and asorted prehistoric critters arrived this week:

Complete set of eight Furuta dinosaur figures, plus a Kaiyodo Dinotales T-Rex and 2 Kaiyodo JP III dinosaurs I traded. The Furutasaurs are pretty neat, though not as detailed or fabulously sculpted as their Kaiyodo counterparts. Oddly enough, I already owned a Pachycephalosaurus, but this second specimen showed quite a different paint scheme. Variations or something? More info on this line would be appreciated.

Amazing little things! Except for the Spinos, who are waaaaaay inaccurate! ;)
like a bantha!

Manatee

What Spino isn't waaaaaay inaccurate anymore? We're counting on you, CollectA!

docronnie

Excellent catches, Roselaar! :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Blackdanter

Oddly enough, I already owned a Pachycephalosaurus, but this second specimen showed quite a different paint scheme. Variations or something? More info on this line would be appreciated.

The most common set is the basic set you have, I've had those for some time including a nice shop display version of the Rex in a clear box with a square diorama base. There is a second version of this set that was produced for one of the Dino Expos. They have radically different paint finishes but I have only seen them in photos. There is some minor variation in paint finish on figures in the basic set aswell. This is to the degree that is often found amongst Dinotales figures so nothing radical just odd differences which seems to be down to how figures were issued ie. basic issue, boxed sets, shop display or the high end premium corporate gift sets. ;O)

Roselaar

Quote from: Blackdanter on October 22, 2014, 01:18:23 PM
Oddly enough, I already owned a Pachycephalosaurus, but this second specimen showed quite a different paint scheme. Variations or something? More info on this line would be appreciated.

The most common set is the basic set you have, I've had those for some time including a nice shop display version of the Rex in a clear box with a square diorama base. There is a second version of this set that was produced for one of the Dino Expos. They have radically different paint finishes but I have only seen them in photos. There is some minor variation in paint finish on figures in the basic set aswell. This is to the degree that is often found amongst Dinotales figures so nothing radical just odd differences which seems to be down to how figures were issued ie. basic issue, boxed sets, shop display or the high end premium corporate gift sets. ;O)

Thank you for the information! :)

My original Pachy is green as opposed to the brown basic version, and it has stripes rather than spots. It has an orange pattern on its dome rather than a beige one, and it features a tan base instead of a grey base. It also appears to have a slightly longer tail. At first glance it's not radically different, but under good lighting there's many differences to be spotted. Can't find pics of the Dino Expo version, but it's too different to be a regular variation. So I suppose its the Dino Expo version.

EmperorDinobot

I'm selling a bunch of those Furutas individually. A bit high I think, but prices will fluctuate.

Anyways, I FINALLY got an original Vintage Carnegie Allosaurus. Oh My God. I don't know why but I feel like an item on my bucket list was finally crossed off. Now I can set up my vintage-y Carnegie Collection and take that one famous picture. I wish I still had the display area though. That has been gone for more than a decade now and it makes me super sad not to have it.

I also got a Dinozone Triblados transforming robot dinobot for THE GLORY OF THE DINOBOT EMPIRE! I haven't paid for it yet, but I will.

I also got a Chap Mei Dino Valley Toys R Us T.rex with Tree set, pictures will be forthcoming of all this stuff. Aaagh no space no space!!!!

stargatedalek

Relatives returned from Scotland with lots of things for my parents and I. Scleich parrot rex and bearded dragon, some books, some rather interesting chinastore animals, and absolutely mountains of sweets not available for purchase here in New Scotland (he-he).

I never expected to be saying these words, but I am currently the proud owner a Scleich parrot rex (yes, all the parrot jokes really do hold true). I'm going to be frank, Schleich doesn't make very good dinosaurs, they are inaccurate and only vaguely resemble the real thing, what Scleich makes are absolutely wondrous fantasy creatures based on dinosaurs. If I owned a second copy of this sculpt I would almost certainly paint a parrot styled custom, maybe add a few craft feathers, create my own daikaiju design he-he.

Manatee

The latest Favorite models: Anomalocaris and Dunkleosteus, plus the bigger, softer and cuter version of the Dunk. I'm amazed how much I like the latter, it's really a beast but it's so soft and cuddly!

A soft and cuddly Dunkleosteus is an oxymoron if there ever was one. I love those figures, they're near the top of my wishlist.

Jetoar

Really beautiful acquistions, they are my last  acquistions^-^.

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: