You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

Quote from: sauroid on November 15, 2014, 05:59:56 PM
you are lucky to acquire those figures for just $5 primeval12! youre almost as lucky as laticauda (from the previous page). congratulations.

Ummm, no not quite as lucky!  ;D LOL.

laticauda

Five bucks for all of these?

Nice!  Great find.  Especially the variety of brands and rarity.  :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Congrats on your steal! I should really go back to buying cheaper lots like that.

Here's my most recent haul:

[Image Removed]
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

therizinosaurus

Thrilled to pick up the 4 new battats today. I keep all 18 of my original battats on a shelf together, and I never expected to be able to add more new figures alongside them

sauroid

got these recently
Carnegie Acro

PV prehistoric amphibians

4D puzzle Pteranodon

these two could pass for Geoworld figures

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Stegosaurus nest >:D

I think it's cute.

Meso-Cenozoic

Tyrantqueen -- Love everything about that Stego nest except the periwinkle polka dots. ;)  Hehe!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on November 17, 2014, 09:42:44 PM
Tyrantqueen -- Love everything about that Stego nest except the periwinkle polka dots. ;)  Hehe!
If I'm not mistaken, it's based on the old DK Stegosaurus model

It also reminds me a little of the Battat Styracosaurus, probably because of the colours.

Meso-Cenozoic

Ooh, I like that Stegosaurus! I don't think I'm familiar with it. What's "DK"? And what scale is it?

And I was just teasing you. I really like that little diorama. Very unique! :D

(edit) Wait a minute. Do you mean the dinosaur illustrations from the DK Eyewitness Expert books?

SBell

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on November 18, 2014, 01:36:11 AM
Ooh, I like that Stegosaurus! I don't think I'm familiar with it. What's "DK"? And what scale is it?

(edit) Wait a minute. Do you mean the dinosaur illustrations from the DK Eyewitness Expert books?

Yes, DK is Dorling Kindersley, a publisher of many books, who had their own drawings and sculptures created for their paleo books.

JurassicJr

I recently found and bought this new Mighty Megasaur light and sound Pteranodon at Walmart!  ;D

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: SBell on November 18, 2014, 05:10:11 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on November 18, 2014, 01:36:11 AM

Yes, DK is Dorling Kindersley, a publisher of many books, who had their own drawings and sculptures created for their paleo books.

Thanks Sean! Yep, I recognize the name now. I think I might even have one of their books. I wish they'd have a figure line of their sculpts!

Pinkamena

That steg nest is adorable.
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: JurassicJr on November 18, 2014, 07:10:09 AM
I recently found and bought this new Mighty Megasaur light and sound Pteranodon at Walmart!  ;D

Is that the Papo pteranodon and Bullyland stegosaurus I see?  :-X
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

CityRaptor

Yep. Megasaurs has been using the Papo Dinosaurs on the packages of their overpriced Chinasaurs for quite some time.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1612.msg44819#msg44819

Also on their website:
http://megasaurs.com/
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Quote from: JurassicJr on November 18, 2014, 07:10:09 AM

I bought a Tyrannosaur from Walmart that's a part of the same brand. I find it hilarious that there in the Toy Vehicle section and not the action figure section.

BTW they have a Triceratops that's a Electronic Ripp off of the CollectA Model

Primeval12

Could someone take a pic of the Battat ceratosaurus's left hand, I want to see if mine is missing fingers...

docronnie

Congrats Primeval on your excellent bargain catch! :)

I like your Carnegie Acrocanthosaurus, Sauroid.  Congrats! :)

Cute nest TQ ...  Congrats too!

Very nice,  Jurassic Jr. :)

I have a haul too, but I still need to take photos. :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

Here they are:

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book 4 Transparent Triceratops - April 2008

Happinet Smilodon

Sega Toys Dinosaur King Pachyrhinosaurus - 2006

Hasbro-Kenner The Lost World Series 1 Electronic Parasaurolophus JP19 - 1997

TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Takama

Got this Spitter from Target today.

Not as Authentic as the Terra Models, but i found it to be cute.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: