You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 23, 2014, 06:08:40 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on December 23, 2014, 06:07:19 AM

Wouldn't that be great! I'd also love to see them do updates on their older models. With their eye for details, we would truly have some spectacular looking figures with the current scientific info!

Not to mention they'd be the most inexpensive models with that level of detail.

Yeah, you're probably right! :)

Manatee

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 21, 2014, 06:41:20 PM
and brachiosaurus as tanystropheus :P
Who labels a popular dinosaur such as Brachiosaurus as Tanystropheus, even putting aside the obvious differences? Someone is horribly misinformed, evidently.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Manatee on December 23, 2014, 02:26:30 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on December 21, 2014, 06:41:20 PM
and brachiosaurus as tanystropheus :P
Who labels a popular dinosaur such as Brachiosaurus as Tanystropheus, even putting aside the obvious differences? Someone is horribly misinformed, evidently.
Someone was trying to appear smart and ended up backfiring on themselves :P

sauroid

new stuff i got during the past week
near mint Invictas and the classic Carnegie Dimetrodon

TOMY Triceratops

the awesome Schleich Pentaceratops

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

It's great finding Invictas in good condition. I bought three Triceratops before I got one that was immaculate. Good haul Sauroid. Oh, how much did you get that Tomy Triceratops for? I was a fool and got the first one I found available for like $40. The next day there was a whole bunch with prices closer to $10.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

sauroid

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 23, 2014, 04:01:51 PM
It's great finding Invictas in good condition. I bought three Triceratops before I got one that was immaculate. Good haul Sauroid. Oh, how much did you get that Tomy Triceratops for? I was a fool and got the first one I found available for like $40. The next day there was a whole bunch with prices closer to $10.
yup ten bucks on the TOMY Trike!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, good finds and prices, Sauroid!

laticauda

Nice.  ;)  Good haul on the lot.

ignite444

My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

alexeratops

This just in, my Dan's Dinosaurs package just got here! I consider it as my christmas present from Dan. :D
The new 2015 Velociraptor! Oblivious to its tripod pose (what, you think they are gonna make a raptor standing on it's own correctly sized feet?), I think this is a really great model. I think the color scheme looks natural, it has some display but its not super flashy and colorful. I absolutely love the feathers, especially on the end of the tail, where I found a surprise: two very long feathers protruding from the end of its tail fan! I never saw those in the pictures.
Hoping to get the 3 wild safaris that are already out soon. :)

Merry Christmas! :D
like a bantha!

kreativtek

I just bought a used Jurassic Park T-rex from Hasbro for just $10. Today's a good day!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: kreativtek on December 24, 2014, 01:36:35 PM
I just bought a used Jurassic Park T-rex from Hasbro for just $10. Today's a good day!
Hasbro is selling used toys now? Goodness times change.....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

kreativtek

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 24, 2014, 01:47:50 PM
Hasbro is selling used toys now? Goodness times change.....

Of course not. I meant to say that the dinosaur was made by Hasbro.

JohannesB

Maybe a bit strange to show it like this, but there you have it: just in time before Christmas: my Rebor 'King T-rex' (Many thanks to Everything Dinosaur!)

CityRaptor

Which one did you buy?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

kreativtek

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 24, 2014, 04:16:40 PM

Which one did you buy?

The original female T-rex from Jurassic Park 1. It is in a very good condition, however the sound does not work.

DinoLord

Quote from: kreativtek on December 24, 2014, 04:38:19 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on December 24, 2014, 04:16:40 PM

Which one did you buy?

The original female T-rex from Jurassic Park 1. It is in a very good condition, however the sound does not work.
That's a pretty good price! However if you're referring to the big red one that was actually made by Kenner. Hasbro only started making JP toys with the JP3 line.

ignite444

This guy came yesterday, but I only opened him today. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvup1z3nFY4

Dinomike

Thanks ignite444 for the reviews!  The Safari models just look better and better to me!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

ignite444

You're welcome! I might pick up the new Sauropelta as well, it looks great from user pictures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: