You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laticauda

Quote from: Tallin on January 24, 2015, 01:17:44 PM
Just received my bullyland stego and Collecta Argentinosaurus - I love this steg so much and it took me ages to find a model I really liked!

Great pictures.  :) The stego and Argentinosaurus look great!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: laticauda on January 23, 2015, 09:41:10 PM
Looks like a very good year.  Nice Leptoceratops, I've been trying to find a reasonable priced one.
I was able to get several of the leptoceratops figures from Dejankins a few months back, very reasonably, you might inquire there.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 24, 2015, 04:55:23 AM
safari diplodocus
I'm interested in getting some info on this one, the only labeling is "DIPLODOCUS 27 METERS Safari ltd.". No date and it's not a Carnegie.

Battat Terra nanshiungosaurus
With Target closing down I can safely say I probably purchased the last one in the whole Halifax county. Whether you go for the speculative feather loss or not I can't deny that this a beautiful sculpt and I'm proud to have it.

Stargate you have the old style Diplodocus produced by Carnegie....and I believe there are at least two versions, one with a larger head and the other a bit smaller in that department, but both quite similar overall. I have both versions myself and can confirm this is what you have
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

stargatedalek

I'm not denying that it indeed seems to be that figure, but it doesn't have Carnegie written on it.

laticauda

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 24, 2015, 09:13:58 PM
Looks like a very good year.  Nice Leptoceratops, I've been trying to find a reasonable priced one.
I was able to get several of the leptoceratops figures from Dejankins a few months back, very reasonably, you might inquire there.
Good idea, I'll check it out, Thanks.   :)

sauroid

just some reading materials
Dougal Dixon's book for kids

excellent special issue of SA about dinos
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dinomike

Quote from: critcho on January 23, 2015, 08:39:36 PM
Been a while since I shared anything here, It's been a pretty good year.

Finally, my favourite acquisitions, completed my Invicta set with the Lambeosaurus at the start of 2014 and managed to get the complete
unpainted set at the end of 2014. The seal is broken and I can't decide whether to remove the clear plastic altogether?

Whoa! I didn't know there are pain-it-yourself Invictas! How cool is that? Are you going to paint them? :D
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 24, 2015, 09:44:30 PM
I'm not denying that it indeed seems to be that figure, but it doesn't have Carnegie written on it.

I seem to recall a discussion about Carnegie figures with missing info on the bottoms before..but I can't recall where.

Patrx

Two exciting new arrivals from Shapeways today!

This is a Deinonychus from a Shapeways designer called RareBreed. I can't seem to find an actual name to credit with the sculpt, but it is quite nice!

And Aaron Doyle's Psittacosaurus, which I've had my eye on for ages. Hopefully I can paint these two well enough to do them some degree of justice!

SBell

Quote from: Dinomike on January 26, 2015, 07:50:51 PM
Quote from: critcho on January 23, 2015, 08:39:36 PM
Been a while since I shared anything here, It's been a pretty good year.

Finally, my favourite acquisitions, completed my Invicta set with the Lambeosaurus at the start of 2014 and managed to get the complete
unpainted set at the end of 2014. The seal is broken and I can't decide whether to remove the clear plastic altogether?

Whoa! I didn't know there are pain-it-yourself Invictas! How cool is that? Are you going to paint them? :D

The key word is were. Invicta has been out of the dino game for over 10 years now.

DinoLord

Quote from: SBell on January 27, 2015, 01:06:26 AM
The key word is were. Invicta has been out of the dino game for over 10 years now.

Really, only 10? I always assumed it would be a good deal longer than that...

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on January 24, 2015, 03:10:30 PM
I got a Kokoro apato from Japan today.

Oh nice catch, I want one ^-^

Great new addition everyone!

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: laticauda on January 24, 2015, 10:06:28 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 24, 2015, 09:13:58 PM
Good idea, I'll check it out, Thanks.   :)

Just checked DeJankins, and it looks like he still has some.
Here's the link to the Wild Safari page. He has them listed by the years they came out. Scan down to 2004. :)
http://www.dejankins.com/wild-safari/

Very, very nice hauls everyone! Impressive!!

Congrats, Andrew, on finally acquiring the Papo Green T. rex! Did you end up getting one from eBay?

Jetoar

Awesome acquisitions, they are my last.

Of a flea market

My girlfriend christmas present´s

Quote from: Alexxitator on December 16, 2014, 11:16:35 AM
Quote from: sauroid on December 15, 2014, 06:18:27 PM
what are those figures in your last pic, Jetoar? any out of the bag shots?

Yesss those baggies pique my interest too  ;)

They are out bags  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

Quote from: Jetoar on January 27, 2015, 01:17:42 PM
They are out bags  ^-^.
i dont recognise them. what are they? infos please thanks.  ;)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

Quote from: sauroid on January 27, 2015, 01:26:25 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on January 27, 2015, 01:17:42 PM
They are out bags  ^-^.
i dont recognise them. what are they? infos please thanks.  ;)

They are of a RBA editorial, they have their names in their bellies but they aren´t of a speciffic brand  ;).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

The sauropod is quite nice.

Megalosaurus

This are my new ones. Thanks to Brett.

The group:

You see 4 dinotales, favorite anomalocaris soft model and the mini one.

I was surprised that the mini anomalocaris was packaged 'a la REBOR':

And here is it with its mommy:

This pair are my first pieces from Favorite ever.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

triceratops83

Got an Ebay order today. I bought the Tamiya Parasaurolophus and Chasmosaurus, but instead of the Chasmo, they sent the old triceratops. Not the first time this has happened and I can understand "normal" people not being able to tell the difference between dinos, but surely they can see a difference in the spelling? Triceratops doesn't spell Chasmosaurus or Styracosaurus. Aside from that it they were selling for a good price, around $13, and Tamiya sets can go for a lot higher than that. The Parasaurolophus is absolutely gorgeous.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 28, 2015, 02:44:11 AM
Got an Ebay order today. I bought the Tamiya Parasaurolophus and Chasmosaurus, but instead of the Chasmo, they sent the old triceratops. Not the first time this has happened and I can understand "normal" people not being able to tell the difference between dinos, but surely they can see a difference in the spelling? Triceratops doesn't spell Chasmosaurus or Styracosaurus. Aside from that it they were selling for a good price, around $13, and Tamiya sets can go for a lot higher than that. The Parasaurolophus is absolutely gorgeous.

I do love that Parasaurolophus...paired up well with the juvenile from the other set .

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: