You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebuloid

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 11, 2015, 03:47:01 PM
Nice haul! And good thing you got that Safari Edmontosaurus - it's starting to get hard to find.

I had one already, that one and the baby rex are going to be repainted... 8)

triceratops83

Quote from: Nebuloid on February 11, 2015, 04:03:51 PM
I had one already, that one and the baby rex are going to be repainted... 8)

Can't wait to see it! That Edmontosaurus is a great choice for repaints.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

JurassicJr

I received the repainted Styracosaurus statue from Sideshow Collectibles this week. It was #42/1000.

Quen

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 09, 2015, 10:36:37 AM

I don't think I've ever seen the original figure in person. And it looks to be in good condition too. Congrats!

Thanks! I was really surprised at its condition, too; there's only a few scuffs.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 19, 1974, 10:55:51 PM

I almost went for her myself..but the shipping for me was around 30.00..that was a bit much i thought.

That's a bit excessive.  It was only $8 for me. I wouldn't have gone for it if the shipping was $30 either.

Dinomike

Newcomers to my collection. The Spino was sculpted and painted by me but a 'new aqcuisition' anyway:D I have to say the new Safaris I just got from Dan are simply stunning! They went straight to the top category for me. They are worthy to stand next to my Battats! (Not many figures make it to my Battat shelf.) And special thanks goes to our very own TheLordsGym for expanding my Battat collection. (If you're reading this I fixed the missing toe.) Thank you for that and all the other figures I got in exchange for my Spino vol. 1. I'm a happy dino guy! :D

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Quote from: JurassicJr on February 12, 2015, 04:42:24 AM
I received the repainted Styracosaurus statue from Sideshow Collectibles this week. It was #42/1000.

Whoa! That looks beautiful! Gongratulations!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

Congratulation guys ! What a great new comers  :)

thelordsgym

Quote from: Dinomike on February 12, 2015, 09:38:20 PM
Newcomers to my collection. The Spino was sculpted and painted by me but a 'new aqcuisition' anyway:D I have to say the new Safaris I just got from Dan are simply stunning! They went straight to the top category for me. They are worthy to stand next to my Battats! (Not many figures make it to my Battat shelf.) And special thanks goes to our very own TheLordsGym for expanding my Battat collection. (If you're reading this I fixed the missing toe.) Thank you for that and all the other figures I got in exchange for my Spino vol. 1. I'm a happy dino guy! :D

Your very welcome Mikko......The ourano looks great! And thanks again for the awesome specialty spino....he is in a place of prestige amongst my vast collection!

Tallin

My valentine's day presents from my boyfriend...haha, he knows how to please a girl! He definitely has a thing for sauropods...

We both had to agree that the deluxe CollectA amarga is a truly wonderful model!

Everything_Dinosaur

Tallin

Thanks! :)
I do believe he ordered these chaps from your website actually!

laticauda

Thoughtful present and nice pics.

CityRaptor

My additions since Christmas:

Found the Apatosaurus ( which makes a nice retro piece ) at a store that had a sale on several Schleich figures to make room for the new ones. Besides that, they only had the small Tyrannosaurus on sale. ( They were out of the other small ones, but had tons on that one....)

Ozeane der Urzeit is a Screensaver featuring 24 creatures.

Die Bestie von Monte Bravo = The Beast of Hollow Mountain. Includes "The Beast of Slumber Mountain" as a bonus feature.
Die Reise zur geheimnisvollen Insel = The Lost Continent
Got both DVDs really cheap. As expected, both also have nothing to do with Jules Verne.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jetoar

Lovely acquisitions  ^-^. These are my Saint Valentine gifts of my girlfriend to me  ^-^.

Carnegie Diplodocus is really big  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Doug Watson

Quote from: Tallin on February 14, 2015, 02:15:00 PM
My valentine's day presents from my boyfriend...haha, he knows how to please a girl! He definitely has a thing for sauropods...

Quote from: Jetoar on February 15, 2015, 03:18:20 PM
Lovely acquisitions  ^-^. These are my Saint Valentine gifts of my girlfriend to me  ^-^.

Okay, where have you guys been finding these great boyfriends and girlfriends? :D

Fofer

Lucky guy Jetoar!!! congratulations.

Dinomike

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 15, 2015, 03:26:16 PM
Quote from: Tallin on February 14, 2015, 02:15:00 PM

Okay, where have you guys been finding these great boyfriends and girlfriends? :D

Haha! Same question here! Hold on to them! :)

Arul

Wahh congrats Jetoar hope you happy ever after with your girlfriend :D

Tallin

Carnegie Diplodocus is really big  ^-^.

I notice how you also got the Carnegie Camarasaurus on Valentine's day! Must be a particularly romantic model or something haha

Patrx

Doug Watson's ceratopsian figures for Safari Ltd have never disappointed, but this one tops the others in every respect. The level of accuracy in this figure is impressive - particularly the often-misandled anatomy of the manus. You can see that the digits are not only separated, but rotated outward in a neutral position, with the last two digits reduced and lacking nails, all of which is spot-on. Additionally, the fine scale details are based on ceratopsian skin impressions, with polygonal reticulae of varying sizes and, although my photos don't show it well, rectangular scutes on the ventral surface. The skin also features very convincing wrinkles and folds, something that was a little lacking in earlier Safari ceratopsians.
If I have any complaints at all, they are that the horns have been blunted for safety reasons (alas) and that the color scheme is splotchier and less nuanced than it appeared in the publicity stills.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: