You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Deinonychus skull I picked up on ebay for a great price, a little cosmetic damage but not bad. Will be awesome to use for the Park!

Fofer

Tallin

Ah the guanlong! I actually really like that model..it has a lot of detail that is sadly obscured by a woefully poor paint job...

Fofer

agree with you, the paintjob is very simple, but its a cool model :)

Jetoar

Quote from: Dinomike on February 15, 2015, 10:17:43 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on February 15, 2015, 03:26:16 PM
Quote from: Tallin on February 14, 2015, 02:15:00 PM
My valentine's day presents from my boyfriend...haha, he knows how to please a girl! He definitely has a thing for sauropods...

Quote from: Jetoar on February 15, 2015, 03:18:20 PM
Lovely acquisitions  ^-^. These are my Saint Valentine gifts of my girlfriend to me  ^-^.

Okay, where have you guys been finding these great boyfriends and girlfriends? :D

Haha! Same question here! Hold on to them! :)

I met my girlfriend speaking about the liopleurodon  ^-^.

Quote from: Tallin on February 16, 2015, 12:11:22 AM

Yes it is. It is a good figure with a good price  ^-^.
Quote from: Jetoar on February 15, 2015, 03:18:20 PM
Lovely acquisitions  ^-^. These are my Saint Valentine gifts of my girlfriend to me  ^-^.

Carnegie Diplodocus is really big  ^-^.

I notice how you also got the Carnegie Camarasaurus on Valentine's day! Must be a particularly romantic model or something haha

Yes it is. It is a good figure with a good price and it is really awesome ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 17, 2015, 08:31:35 PM
Deinonychus skull I picked up on ebay for a great price, a little cosmetic damage but not bad. Will be awesome to use for the Park!

Hey, this would be great as a JP "Raptor" skull if you still decide to incorporate some JW creatures in your park! :D

Dinomike

Very cool! What's the big 'Bronto' in the backround?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

docronnie

Congrats BOTM! Awesome skull! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

ignite444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrpZVCsyzOA

Thanks tyrantqueen! I swear the mail system hates your packages though, lol.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 18, 2015, 07:38:02 AM

Hey, this would be great as a JP "Raptor" skull if you still decide to incorporate some JW creatures in your park! :D

I was saying the same thing on FB it's basically a JP Raptor skull..lol I do have a JP3 Raptor in the park already, "Winston " was our very first dinosaur here. :)  I will have some JW creatures..but not based on the film at all.

Quote from: Dinomike on February 18, 2015, 05:48:34 PM

Very cool! What's the big 'Bronto' in the backround?

That is a Horizon vinyl "Brontosaurus" aka Apatosaurus painted by me.  I posted some pics in my art thread a few weeks back.

Quote from: docronnie on February 18, 2015, 08:39:47 PM
Congrats BOTM! Awesome skull! :)

Thanks! Out of date though it was I couldn't pass it up for 50.00. :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ignite444 on February 19, 2015, 05:45:44 AM

At least it smells like a new car, rather than an old one, I guess? ;)

And yes, I'm female :)

Tallin

Received my Safari Nigersaurus, Yutyrannus and Postosuchus yesterday along with the Carnegie Amargasaurus.

They're all lovely models and the Nigersaurus was slightly bigger than expected! I also see now why everyone says it's such an endearing model - that adorable face! Sadly some of the back spines seem to have snapped off during transit though... The posto is an amazing model and a wonderfully pleasant surprise. The Yutyrannus is very nice too, though the real-life paint application is of far lower quality than the promo picture - on my model they're somewhat sloppily painted and washed out. I can't fault the sculpt though! I will probably write a review for it soon.

I'll get some photos of the sauropods soon ~

ignite444

Ha ha, I wasn't expecting it to smell like anything, but I guess the type of plastic used in it smells like that. XD Even the alligator smells like a new car a bit.

Nice acquisitions Tallin! Especially the Postosuchus! It's one of my favorites.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool. Nice to see the Postosuchus is still turning out well.  I may need to make one of those eventually for the Park.

Dinomike

Great photos Tallin! And wonderful new acquisitions!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Uroplatus

Picked up these guys today...

1997 chinasaur Tyrannosaurus.

1991 U.K.R.D. Brachiosaurus.

1993 Safari Ltd Velociraptor.

Got them all for a few euro's, i intended to buy the Velociraptor alone but they came together in a lot so i took all 3.
Anobody that knows something abouth these first 2, please share your knowledge... :)

Roselaar

Bought some JP toys in anticipation of the prices rising too high for the older lines when JW hits. I didn't have the package for these two yet and they were pretty decently priced, so I figured what the heck:

docronnie

Congrats Roselaar! :)

Nice new ones Uroplatus! :)

I just got, I believe 63 pcs of Kaiyodo Dinotales (4 are broken).  I was able to take photos of 7 in a hurried fashion, as my wife had to bring the camera to her doll meet. 

Got the lot in disarray, but to my surprise, everything was in there, including the broken pieces. You won't believe, how much I got them for.  Just got lucky, I guess.

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Stegosaurus Skeleton No. 030 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Dinosaur Expo 2002 limited edition figure Deinonychus

Kaiyodo Dinotales Dinosaur Expo 2002 limited edition figure Stegosaurus

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Tyrannosaurus No. 001 Special Version - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Dinosaur Expo 2002 limited edition figure Seismosaurus (=Diplodocus)

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Secret Item Tyrannosaurus Brown – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Secret Item Tyrannosaurus Green – 2002

To be continued ...

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 19, 2015, 11:45:03 AM
Quote from: ignite444 on February 19, 2015, 05:45:44 AM

At least it smells like a new car, rather than an old one, I guess? ;)

And yes, I'm female :)

That white owl sculpt is beautiful, especially the wings and their feathers! Did I miss it, or was the company's name finally mentioned on the video? Was it AAA? it doesn't really look like it to me, but could be wrong.

tyrantqueen

Indeed it is AAA. It's one of the more uncommon ones I guess.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: