You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Dinomike on April 02, 2015, 07:34:28 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on March 31, 2015, 04:00:11 PM
These are the figures i got today from Japan, i really like the black Favorite T-rex and Triceratops.
Oooh! Those are too cool! Can you only order them from Japan! I would like to buy one...!

You can only buy those figures second hand now and they are pretty hard to find.
The best thing is to watch the auction websites.

Arul

Wahh Robin i always want that mosasaur model hope someday  ::)

Fukuiraptor

I. Hunter, I bought mine in a Dino Expo in Japan many years ago.  The black T-rex and Triceratops were an event-exclusive release.  I am sure there were more than 1500 pieces of them as the Expo lasted longer than a month.  Yours appears to be a website exclusive, which was released also together with a SP color Triceratops.

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 02, 2015, 05:27:29 PM
QuoteI regret selling mine......a lot  :(

Do you know any info about the black variants, were they museum exclusives?
Also my one has different packaging compared to the ones pictured, it also has 1500 black edition written on the front. Does this mean there was only 1500 made of the black variants?

Dyscrasia

I received the ultra "rare" Sideshow Euoplocephalus egg maquette....  ;D
(It took more than three months to finally receive it  >:( )

Unfortunately it isn't mine, it's for a friend and I purchased it for him (he did pay for the whole thing to me though) as he never had any experience with oversea orders.

But it did feel good for a moment when I saw the piece in person.

Raptoress

Surprise gift all the way from America from my good friend Amargasaurus cazaui! Thank you so much, I love it! My favourite Carnegie model which I've only been wanting for about 2 years!

Invicta Hunter

QuoteI. Hunter, I bought mine in a Dino Expo in Japan many years ago.  The black T-rex and Triceratops were an event-exclusive release.  I am sure there were more than 1500 pieces of them as the Expo lasted longer than a month.  Yours appears to be a website exclusive, which was released also together with a SP color Triceratops.

So the color variants are:
Black T-rex           (museum exclusive)
Black Triceratops  (museum exclusive)
Black T-rex           (website exclusive)
Black Triceratops  (website exclusive)
Brown/black T-rex (not sure if it was a museum exclusive)
Yellow/green Triceratops (not sure if it was a museum exclusive)

Are there anymore anyone knows of?
Thanks for the info Fukuiraptor.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 04, 2015, 06:34:00 PM
QuoteI. Hunter, I bought mine in a Dino Expo in Japan many years ago.  The black T-rex and Triceratops were an event-exclusive release.  I am sure there were more than 1500 pieces of them as the Expo lasted longer than a month.  Yours appears to be a website exclusive, which was released also together with a SP color Triceratops.

So the color variants are:
Black T-rex           (museum exclusive)
Black Triceratops  (museum exclusive)
Black T-rex           (website exclusive)
Black Triceratops  (website exclusive)
Brown/black T-rex (not sure if it was a museum exclusive)
Yellow/green Triceratops (not sure if it was a museum exclusive)

Are there anymore anyone knows of?
Thanks for the info Fukuiraptor.

What's the difference between the black .trex museum exclusive and the website exclusive. Same question for the triceratops.

Invicta Hunter

My black t-rex looks a lot blacker than the ones Fukuiraptor posted a photo of. Those ones seem to have a lot more blue painted on.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 04, 2015, 07:28:20 PM
My black t-rex looks a lot blacker than the ones Fukuiraptor posted a photo of. Those ones seem to have a lot more blue painted on.

And how about the Triceratops, you said there are two black versions. I wouldn't think there's two versions of the black and blue rex untill I see really close up pictures of both versions and confirmation of existence of more than one of each, because as you are well aware of, paint application usually varies greatly among  individual toys.

joossa

Nice, Raptoress! Love that one.

The black Rex is very nice and I'm sure would stand out in display. Sounds very difficult to get, though.

I purchased the Carnegie Apatosaurus this morning. Does anyone know what that the stamp under the foot means?

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

CityRaptor

The stamp is the production date.  Monsth and year. Has to do with Tracking Label Requirement, it seems: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Business--Manufacturing/Business-Education/tracking-label/
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Raptoress on April 04, 2015, 03:21:57 PM
Surprise gift all the way from America from my good friend Amargasaurus cazaui! Thank you so much, I love it! My favourite Carnegie model which I've only been wanting for about 2 years!

It is indeed a lovely model, and definitely the best toy of Giganotosaurus out there IMHO. Mine has recently 'realised' that he can stand without his tail! :D
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

joossa

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 04, 2015, 11:41:58 PM
The stamp is the production date.  Monsth and year. Has to do with Tracking Label Requirement, it seems: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Business--Manufacturing/Business-Education/tracking-label/
Ah, makes sense. Some had the stamp and some didn't. Thanks, much appreciated.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 04, 2015, 09:48:47 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 04, 2015, 07:28:20 PM

And how about the Triceratops, you said there are two black versions. I wouldn't think there's two versions of the black and blue rex untill I see really close up pictures of both versions and confirmation of existence of more than one of each, because as you are well aware of, paint application usually varies greatly among  individual toys.

I assume the website exclusive triceratops is black just like the t-rex but who knows and as for the website exclusive t-rex it definitely has a lot less blue than all the ones that are pictured in Fukuiraptor photo. I think the web exclusive maybe older than the ones sold at the museum because in Fukuiraptor photo the other Favorite figures around the black ones have the newer brown packaging rather than the older white packaging that the web exclusive is in. So maybe on the second run of the figure they decided to mix up the color scheme a little and add more blue to it plus change the packaging.

Fukuiraptor

My black t-rex was bought in 2009.  Fortunately I kept a picture of it before it was sold.  Here is a close-up photo of it:

docronnie

Those Black variants are really hot topic!  :)

Congrats Raptoress and Joosa on your new figures!  :)

Just got this one, a week ago:

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Invicta Hunter

QuoteMy black t-rex was bought in 2009.  Fortunately I kept a picture of it before it was sold.  Here is a close-up photo of it:

How much did you sell it for?

Fukuiraptor

I can't remember now but it shouldn't be a high price.  Just curious why this is asked...

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 05, 2015, 03:43:16 PM
QuoteMy black t-rex was bought in 2009.  Fortunately I kept a picture of it before it was sold.  Here is a close-up photo of it:

How much did you sell it for?

Invicta Hunter

I was just wondering that's all. It would be interesting to see one of these variants come up for sale on ebay, i bet the price would go quite high but who knows.

Jetoar

My last acquistions  ^-^.

Good Easter  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: