You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 14, 2015, 09:48:45 PMIn my honest opinion, I wouldn't believe everything that Everything Dinosaur writes. They want to sell the stuff they write about, after all.
I doubt Everything Dinosaur writes (much of) it themselves. They likely take the description from the manufacturer.

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 14, 2015, 09:48:45 PM
Actually this figure was introduced in 2007 as a replacement for the 1994 figure...so much for the often praised Schleich accuracy. ( By people who are not interested in accurate Dinosaurs ).
In my honest opinion, I wouldn't believe everything that Everything Dinosaur writes. They want to sell the stuff they write about, after all.
And it would not even make a  good Retrosaur.

You are correct--I mistook it for the first terrible Schleich T.rex (which was actually a Humboldt museum dino). This one is just egregiously terrible, and I recall it got swept away pretty quickly as they also released the (equally as bad in a different way) running rex.

CityRaptor

Actually this one was released after the Running Rex, meaning they had a whole family of terrible Rexes.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 14, 2015, 10:39:58 PM
Actually this one was released after the Running Rex, meaning they had a whole family of terrible Rexes.

^HAVE

RobinGoodfellow

I don't know if Schleich did a mistake or a retro T-Rex.
There is no doubt that it is NOT anatomically correct.
That's true.
But it looks like many Rexies I saw on books in my childhood.
That's why I bought it.
I also have  anatomically correct T Rexies in my collection yet.....

The Blog:

http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2007/09/12

Have a nice day   :)

Roselaar

Oh dear, they just had to put that ugly Rex next to that wonderful Parasaurolophus in that blog picture, had they...? :)

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on May 15, 2015, 09:47:45 PM
Oh dear, they just had to put that ugly Rex next to that wonderful Parasaurolophus in that blog picture, had they...? :)

Those 3 came out at the same time, which explains it, if not really justifying it!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Roselaar on May 15, 2015, 09:47:45 PM

That Schleich T Rex is outdated but it's not a bad figure at all.
In my opinion this is an ugly T Rex (even if in the Carnegie line):

I know that every single collector has its own idea about bad and good figurines.......    ;)
Have a nice day  :)

Tyto_Theropod

Have to disagree there - I prefer the Carnegie. It's got loads more life in it, and looks like it could feasibly be rearing up. Whereas the Schleich... just looks awkward.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on May 16, 2015, 11:04:34 AM
Have to disagree there - I prefer the Carnegie. It's got loads more life in it, and looks like it could feasibly be rearing up. Whereas the Schleich... just looks awkward.

Some people like jazz while others like heavy metal; some people like Mozart while others like hip hop.... There is no right or wrong....

The illustration of the "old-school" T Rex that I mentioned:

Pachyrhinosaurus

Honestly, I don't mind inaccurate models as long as they were pretty accurate for their time, such as Invicta.
Here are my recent JW acquisitions:

[Image Removed]
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

SBell

Just got a few of the Jurassic World toob/blind bag figures.

One version each of the two pterosaurs and the mosasaur (the three I wanted) plus a Pachyrhinosaur, Tyrannosaur and Triceratops.

Can't see much need for multiple paint versions. Or the other dinos--I got what I wanted!

Arul

Yes i love that minifigure too, i love trex most. I hope the model reach very well in indonesian market just like WWD

Takama

I just got the Jada Toys Diecast Jurassic Park Jeep.   

I was hoping it would be to scale with my line, but unfourtanatly. my new 1:30s Couple is too big when standing next to it.

I will update this post with pics later

ZaZZU2

My Rebor Ceratosaurus and Safari Megalodon finally arrived! The left leg of the Ceratosaurus was warped a bit but it could still stand on its base... whew! The detail on this figure and the base is awesome.  :) The Megalodon is very minimal in its detailing, yet still very effective, at least for me.  ^-^

sauroid

'grats on your new arrivals ZaZZU2! i especially love the REBOR Ceratosaurus of course. ;)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

The ceratosaurus is magnificent in fact I have already booked and I hope that on Monday or Wednesday at the latest receipt. Moreover, I am concerned about what they say in the forum on sustainability in fact fortunately ceratosaurus regarding yutyrannus Rebor no problems.

Moreover, the megalodon but as you pointed out is not a big figure, and certainly there Safari has not been wise, we will always white shark Collecta 2015 becomes a more accurate replica of what must be the megalodon.

ZaZZU2

Thanks Sauroid! The long wait was definitely worth it. It's officially dethroned the Papo Spinosaurus as my favorite figure and in my opinion, it's the best figure Rebor has released.  ;D

P.S. I applied the hot water trick that joosa and Simon suggested in the Ceratosaurus thread. The warping was fixed and I fixed the feet using a little  Elmer's white glue. The feet now match the foot prints on the base!  ;D

Arul

Your rebor cerato is looking good !!  :o

ZaZZU2

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 17, 2015, 02:46:10 PM

Moreover, the megalodon but as you pointed out is not a big figure, and certainly there Safari has not been wise, we will always white shark Collecta 2015 becomes a more accurate replica of what must be the megalodon.

The CollectA great white looks great! I might get it too, once I have enough minerals  ::) (bad mineral joke, sorry)  O:-) But the shark is now on the list hehe

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: