News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

I got the Carnegie Velociraptor thanks to a friend!!!! I love it so so so much! I also got the Jurassic World Ceratosaurus AND Dilophosaurus. Easily my favorites of the entire line...

Fofer

laticauda

Quote from: suspsy on July 04, 2015, 03:11:36 PM
Here's my latest haul: Carnegie Ankylosaurus and Concavenato and Wild Safari C. megalodon and Gryposaurus.

The shark, which I reviewed for the blog yesterday, is the weakest of the bunch. The Ankylosaurus is even better than I thought and the Concavenator is nice. But the Gryposaurus really blows me away with its intricate skin detail. Easily one of the finest hadrosaur toys I've come across!

I though Gryposaurus looked ok in pictures when I decided to order one, but when it arrived, I was blown away.  I agree with you completely, it looks amazing.

DinoLord

Yeah, the detail on some of the newer Safari pieces is really quite impressive. It seems that Safari has really refined their production process.

alexeratops

Quote from: Fofer on July 06, 2015, 03:51:47 PM
My last Acquisition.

Congrats! The Suchomimus is a real beauty, and the Daxititan looks great! Sometime today or tomorrow a package will come with Wild Safari Archaeopteryx and CollectA Mapusaurus. I will be unboxing it on my channel. Be sure to check it out in the next couple of days here! https://www.youtube.com/user/alexeratops/featured
like a bantha!

sauroid

Quote from: joossa on July 04, 2015, 12:13:26 AM
Just arrived. The Dilophosaurus isn't as bad or glossy in person than how it shows up in pictures. Still not one of the better Papo's IMO and a little on the small side.

i like that Dilo and ghavial so much. maybe Papo have decided to make their Dilo not glossy unlike the earlier run?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Alexxitator

Some new Japanese friends  :)

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Jetoar

My last acquisitions.

and one of my treasures  ^-^

MBA Sperm Whale.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Fofer

good Acquisitions everyone. Jetoar, love the whale.

stargatedalek

MBA sperm whale is beautiful, I really need to get myself one some time. ;D

My big order from MiniZoo arrived this morning. I'm very pleased, everything arrived quickly and in great condition.

Last years Quetzalcoatlus is beautiful, but I've never been a big fan of diorama pieces so I couldn't help but free that little sauropod from its bill. A quick touch up and they should both look better than new, keep an eye on my customs thread.

Last years Mosasaurus is undeniably amongst the best ever made. The smoother features of the body contrast nicely with the many tiny details of the head, the only accuracy issue I found is the lack of a forked tongue, but its still within plausibility.

The CollectA Therizinosaurus (can you guess from what year :P ) is also a beautiful piece. While I disagree with the choice of leaving the underside bare and of ending the wing at the wrist its still a very beautiful sculpt and though I would say it is underfeathered I would not say it is strictly inaccurate.

The biggest surprise of the lot was the pelican by Australian Science and Nature. A beautiful and detailed little figure, I will stand by words when I say this puts the versions by Safari and Schleich to shame, and for a fraction of their cost (a little under $3 CAD!).

Last but certainly not least, this beauty has just had a review written in her honor which should be up on the DTB shortly!

joossa

Quote from: sauroid on July 07, 2015, 08:15:24 AM
Quote from: joossa on July 04, 2015, 12:13:26 AM
Just arrived. The Dilophosaurus isn't as bad or glossy in person than how it shows up in pictures. Still not one of the better Papo's IMO and a little on the small side.
i like that Dilo and ghavial so much. maybe Papo have decided to make their Dilo not glossy unlike the earlier run?
The Gharial is very nice and looks like a living lizard on my office desk from afar. Love it!
I guess I got lucky with the Papo Dilo, mine isn't that glossy.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Tapejara1122

Nice Mosasaurus Stargate! Got one myself, doesnt it look better in person?

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 08, 2015, 12:21:45 AM

My big order from MiniZoo arrived this morning. I'm very pleased, everything arrived quickly and in great condition.

Wow, that was pretty quick! How exciting for you. Congrats! I have the same idea for the Guidraco as well. Hehe! Awhile back when it was first announced, don't know if you remember, but I had photoshopped him in his own birdcage. It was kind of a joke. But now that I see it in it's cage, I'm definitely doing it! 8)

BTW, the little sauropod looks so happy! :))

stargatedalek

Quote from: Tapejara1122 on July 08, 2015, 05:05:14 AMNice Mosasaurus Stargate! Got one myself, doesnt it look better in person?
Thanks, and yes it really is, as is the cast with most models.

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 08, 2015, 07:42:14 AMWow, that was pretty quick! How exciting for you. Congrats! I have the same idea for the Guidraco as well. Hehe! Awhile back when it was first announced, don't know if you remember, but I had photoshopped him in his own birdcage. It was kind of a joke. But now that I see it in it's cage, I'm definitely doing it! 8)

I remember, you're the one who gave me the idea ;)

It really does doesn't it, almost like its playing.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 08, 2015, 04:41:23 PM
Quote from: Tapejara1122 on July 08, 2015, 05:05:14 AMNice Mosasaurus Stargate! Got one myself, doesnt it look better in person?
Thanks, and yes it really is, as is the cast with most models.

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 08, 2015, 07:42:14 AMWow, that was pretty quick! How exciting for you. Congrats! I have the same idea for the Guidraco as well. Hehe! Awhile back when it was first announced, don't know if you remember, but I had photoshopped him in his own birdcage. It was kind of a joke. But now that I see it in it's cage, I'm definitely doing it! 8)

I remember, you're the one who gave me the idea ;)

It really does doesn't it, almost like its playing.

Yours looks much more content in its roomier mansion! ;)

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Alexxitator

And yet another package arrived! Finally got me the red Diplocaulus in addition to my green one. In the background are Kitan Club pieces and another Kaiyodo to wich I recently found a liking. I'm starting to move beyond the boundaries of the realm of prehistorics. It's just they make so many fine pieces in Japan!

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

SBell

Quote from: Alexxitator on July 08, 2015, 07:02:02 PM
And yet another package arrived! Finally got me the red Diplocaulus in addition to my green one. In the background are Kitan Club pieces and another Kaiyodo to wich I recently found a liking. I'm starting to move beyond the boundaries of the realm of prehistorics. It's just they make so many fine pieces in Japan!

Fair warning--it's a slippery slope. I started with a few original Dinotales (one, to be exact--the S1 Brontotherium). Then the whole Dinotales sets. Now I have hundreds of Japanese figures of so many animals...it will never stop... :o

DinoLord

Quote from: SBell on July 08, 2015, 07:12:07 PMFair warning--it's a slippery slope. I started with a few original Dinotales (one, to be exact--the S1 Brontotherium). Then the whole Dinotales sets. Now I have hundreds of Japanese figures of so many animals...it will never stop... :o

Luckily I was able to stop after finishing my Dinotales collection, though I am a sucker for whatever new prehistoric figures Kaiyodo releases...

stargatedalek

Quote from: SBell on July 08, 2015, 07:12:07 PMFair warning--it's a slippery slope. I started with a few original Dinotales (one, to be exact--the S1 Brontotherium). Then the whole Dinotales sets. Now I have hundreds of Japanese figures of so many animals...it will never stop... :o
I fell you! Being a J-Pop fan only makes the international packages come that much faster and space get that much smaller.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: