You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i also have that WS trike (and the baby version). it is one of my first safari figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on July 21, 2015, 07:55:40 PM
Does anyone else have this guy?
I remember that! It was one of my first non-chinasaur figures, alongside the old utahraptor, geosternbergia, and giraffatitan.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Kayakasaurus

Cool! Well it sounds like that figure (and it's clones) have been well loved  ;)
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

RobinGoodfellow

Colorata Boxset Vol.1  ( Cretaceous ):

See you soon..  ^-^

sauroid

recent stuff
mini Pterodaustro

Safari Ltd mini Caudipteryx, Dilong, Euparkeria

Geoworld uglies (T. Rex and Spino)

my second Carnegie Sinraptor and WS '90s Pachycephalosaurus

WWD patchi, scowler, juniper and alex

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Colorata should make 25 more of those boxed sets.

Nice hauls, Sauroid--where did that adorably homely Pterodaustro come from?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Steve170

......it was in that box for 17 years...but now it's stretching its legs on my desk. I had no idea how big this was going to be!

Roselaar

Congrats, good find! Too bad you opened it, mint WWD figures are getting increasingly harder to find.

Battatitan

Congratulations Steve! I have a couple of in-box WWD figures and am sometimes tempted to free them but can never bring myself to do it. Good on you!  :D

RobinGoodfellow

I was lucky.
Two weeks ago I won an Ebay auction: WWD Postosuchus (mint condition) and Polacanthus (minor paint problems) without box for 30usd....   ;) I was the only bidder ::)

Steve170

Quote from: Roselaar on July 22, 2015, 09:10:57 PM
Congrats, good find! Too bad you opened it, mint WWD figures are getting increasingly harder to find.

Even harder now ;-). I understand the value of keeping them mint but to me it will be worth more out of the box than the money it would get in the box. Thanks and congratulations to you both too on your WWD's.

(...it did take at least half an hour before I could open it though)

Jetoar

Nice acquisitions. I have also a WWD T rex with its booster and ihave opened too  ;).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Arul

Very good acquisitions everybody  ;D

RobinGoodfellow

.. some oddities for filling up some empty spaces in my collection ..  ;)

Plus Rebor Ceratosaurus (with no-warp plastic for the legs)  O:-)

See you soon  :)

RobinGoodfellow

Rebor Ceratosaurus ( and Gandalf )... both figures are in 1:35 scale ...  ;D

Have a nice day  :)

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Steve170 on July 22, 2015, 11:10:37 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on July 22, 2015, 09:10:57 PM

Even harder now ;-). I understand the value of keeping them mint but to me it will be worth more out of the box than the money it would get in the box. Thanks and congratulations to you both too on your WWD's.

(...it did take at least half an hour before I could open it though)

Your reasoning is quite correct! It only has as much value as you put on it! Rarity does effect value though, but for something that was made to be used, you'd be better of using it. It will be interesting to see how mainstream 3D printing could change all that. You could literally scan anything and reproduce it for what it's worth in plastic, that really shifts things around.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Paleona

I'm a little late to the Battat party, but I got my first one ever today- the lovely Cryolophosaurus!
He's smaller than I was expecting, but the detail is very nice.  I'm digging the paint job!

Roselaar

I so need to get myself that Rebor Ceratosaurus...

sauroid

wow. very cool new acquisitions everyone. (so jealous of that REBOR Ceratosaurus)

Arul

Nice rebor cerato Robin  :) sorry out of topic but what is the figure identity of gandalf ? It have a nice detail i love tlotr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: