You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Tyto_Theropod, it looks like both the alligator and the croc have articulated jaws. Is that true? If so, that's kind of a nice little feature. I guess I didn't know other animal figures besides the prehistoric ones had this ability. (Then again, I only buy prehistoric figures. ;) )

Kayakasaurus

Here are my most recent finds from Goodwill & ValueVillage (and the V4 Battat Rex from Target of course), Some Safari Sauropods, and the Version 2 Battat Rex. I was really excited finding the Rex, and I didn't even realize it was a completely different sculpt until I got home and compared it to the one I got from Target. Now I understand all 4 versions. I actually like the older one better, especially the upper portion of the head, and the fact that it aligns with the neck... Oh, and it actually stands up.

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Dinomike

What a great find! Good comparison pics!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 16, 2015, 12:51:03 AM
Modern dinosaur? All I see is a very lovely troodontid ;)

LOL indeed Star! With the white feathers, perhaps it's the Alaskan subspecies? Anyway, whatever it actually is it's certainly the most accurate maniraptoran in my collection so far! I can imagine my Carnegie Velociraptor is pretty cross at having the crown stolen from him, and her sitting beside him going, "Where did the rest of your feathers go?!"  :))

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 16, 2015, 05:14:10 AM
Tyto_Theropod, it looks like both the alligator and the croc have articulated jaws. Is that true? If so, that's kind of a nice little feature. I guess I didn't know other animal figures besides the prehistoric ones had this ability. (Then again, I only buy prehistoric figures. ;) )

They are indeed articulated, which is pretty awesome, and makes them quite fun to play with (not to imply that a mature adult such as myself has been playing with kids' toys...  ;)). I believe some of the Papo animals have this as well.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Takama

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on August 16, 2015, 03:52:41 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on August 16, 2015, 12:51:03 AM
Modern dinosaur? All I see is a very lovely troodontid ;)

LOL indeed Star! With the white feathers, perhaps it's the Alaskan subspecies? Anyway, whatever it actually is it's certainly the most accurate maniraptoran in my collection so far! I can imagine my Carnegie Velociraptor is pretty cross at having the crown stolen from him, and her sitting beside him going, "Where did the rest of your feathers go?!"  :))

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 16, 2015, 05:14:10 AM

They are indeed articulated, which is pretty awesome, and makes them quite fun to play with (not to imply that a mature adult such as myself has been playing with kids' toys...  ;)). I believe some of the Papo animals have this as well.

About the only animal that Papo has made with an articulated Jaw(thats not Prehistoric) is the Humpback whale

http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=120.0

suspsy

I like the head on the original Battat a lot better.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Nebuloid

It's been a while, but finally got some new ones :

suspsy

My latest package from FaunaFigures.com arrived today. :)

Here's the Guidraco with its loyal posse. What a splendid toy. I love that it has webbed feet.

Deinotherium and Moropus with their new friends.

And Temnodontosaurus (and baby) with the rest of my CollectA sea monsters.

Patrx

Wow, that Guidraco looks better every time I see it! Nice photos.

SBell

Quote from: Patrx on August 17, 2015, 09:01:16 PM

it is really cool.

Sadly, I never really got to know them--I have already sold out (for now!). ;)

Daspletodave

Here are some of my latest acquisitions.
Resin Euoplocephalus and Nakasato Deinocheirus.

Favorite resin Tarbosaurus and Turiasaurus riodevensis

The new Dino Store Fukuisaurus plastic figure

tanystropheus

Quote from: Patrx on August 17, 2015, 09:01:16 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I might pick it up and repaint the crest the same color as the beak, though.

EmperorDinobot

Wow! Some great represented species! Fukuisaurus? Turiasaurus? I must have those!

suspsy

This is Suspsy coming to you live from Target in Watertown, NY. Mission accomplished! :)

Dinomike

Wow Suspy!  You are so lucky to have those beautiful Battats!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

suspsy

I actually passed on the Acrocanthosaurus because I was over my budget and I really wanted the Combiner Wars toys. I'll be travelling through the States again in about three weeks after my wedding, so I'm sure we'll stop by a Target somewhere.

And look! I got the T. rex to stand up! The king of the dashboard!

Roselaar

It's certainly been a dinosaur day, seeing as I got all this in:

Many great figures from a wonderful variety of companies.  :)

Schleich Desmatosuchus and Bullyland Paratypothorax are for sale/trade.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..I think that definitely deserves the word : HAUL!!!!   lol

Nebuloid

OMG Roselaar dream haul right there !

Jetoar

Wonderful battats an kaiyodos  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: