You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

With the advice of my fellow DTF users, I got...Nasutoceratops!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Should be good inspiration in here!

stargatedalek

At first I didn't pay these much interest, but I stumbled upon a video of one and was rather impressed. Found today at Value Village and even though I got it for $4 I'm still kicking myself for waiting this long to buy one at all! Turned the thing on and it ran half way around the store to get away from me XD

PaleoMatt

LOL! He was clearly scared of a big human!

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Viking Spawn

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on January 13, 2016, 07:26:02 PM
Have you ever thought about a size comparison between a T-Rex and a Great Blue Whale?

Here it is: a real beauty

Kaiyodo Megasofubi Advance Blue Whale ( 1:35 ) + Rebor Rex ( also 1:35 )

..more pictures and info in my collection thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.msg125382;topicseen#new

See you soon..
:)

I fell behind in this thread and I must say....  Now THAT is COOL! 

sauroid

@RobinGoodfellows:
is the blue whale being a megasofubi, soft and hollow? i read somewhere that it's hollow but heavy?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on January 23, 2016, 01:07:30 PM
@RobinGoodfellows:
is the blue whale being a megasofubi, soft and hollow? i read somewhere that it's hollow but heavy?

The Kaiyodo Megasofubi Advance Blue Whale is made of rigid plastic and it's hollow ( but it isn't soft ).
Although it is very large, it isn't heavy-weight..
You can read a complete review here:
http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1505.0

sauroid

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on January 23, 2016, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: sauroid on January 23, 2016, 01:07:30 PM
@RobinGoodfellows:

The Kaiyodo Megasofubi Advance Blue Whale is made of rigid plastic and it's hollow ( but it isn't soft ).
Although it is very large, it isn't heavy-weight..
You can read a complete review here:
http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1505.0

thanks :) i just remembered Dr. Andre's walk around/review at ATF. that is one gorgeous whale model.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

AcroSauroTaurus

Docronnie, that Dino World Spinosaurus looks cool, it would make a great Oxalaia. Are they hard to find? Or what websites can I find it on?
I am the Dinosaur King!

Dilopho

Some new additions! My mother controls our bank account, (yeah, I know...) and I asked her to get the Collecta Diabloceratops eatoni for me (obviously I paid her back), and she did, and also secretly got me the Collecta Lexovisaurus durobrivensis as a surprise! Yay! I like how fast Everything Dinosaur delivers figures.

This is D. eatoni. I like the pattern of the frill. I have noticed that from the front view, one eye is higher up than the other one, but this isn't really a problem- just an oversight. Haha....I guess it is literally an oversight, huh? It goes really nicely with the Collecta Nasutoceratops titusi. I think the quills on the back should be longer, though, but that's just speculation since only the skull is known. It's much heavier than the other standard Collectas I own.

And this little chap here is the Collecta L. durobrivensis. I love how dopey it looks! It doesn't really care at all about the world around it, it's just gazing at the ground- maybe it's munching on some greenery, or perhaps, since the tail is raised like that, it is fighting off an attacker like the Diabloceratops! My mother pointed out to me that the face is not detailed very well, and I have to agree, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. I do have some issues with the face, though, apart from detail- it looks...like it belongs on some other dinosaur. Why didn't they just use a Stegosaurus face?

[The italics are just for you, Gwangi ;)

Viking Spawn

D. eatoni looks great!  I may consider one of those for my collection!

Dilopho

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 24, 2016, 04:23:20 PM
D. eatoni looks great!  I may consider one of those for my collection!

I got it over the Wild Safari one because it looks better, in my opinion. The Safari one looks very proud and majestic, but the Collecta one looks more like...uhhh...I don't really know how to put it into words. It looks ready to spring into action. I like the colours more, too. I'd recommend it, Viking Spawn!

docronnie

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 23, 2016, 06:27:41 PM
Docronnie, that Dino World Spinosaurus looks cool, it would make a great Oxalaia. Are they hard to find? Or what websites can I find it on?

Actually, this is the first time I encountered this set. I was able to see a Stego in the past, but did not get it, since these figures don't have any marks. Thanks to Dinosauriana for identifying them.

I bought them on instinct only. They are rubbery in texture, way different from other Kabayas. I got them from a Japanese seller here in my country.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: docronnie on January 24, 2016, 05:14:38 PM

Actually, this is the first time I encountered this set. I was able to see a Stego in the past, but did not get it, since these figures don't have any marks. Thanks to Dinosauriana for identifying them.

I bought them on instinct only. They are rubbery in texture, way different from other Kabayas. I got them from a Japanese seller here in my country.

Ok, so its pretty hard for someone living in America to get one then?
I am the Dinosaur King!

docronnie

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 24, 2016, 06:22:40 PM
Quote from: docronnie on January 24, 2016, 05:14:38 PM

Ok, so its pretty hard for someone living in America to get one then?

Maybe you could get one through ebay. Good hunting! :)

AcroSauroTaurus

I'll see what I can find... ;)

Edit: I got the Battat Parasaurolophus today, as well as some much needed shelves.
I literally have figures on top of other figures, and on my floor right now...
I am the Dinosaur King!

docronnie

J.R.S T REX

I just got some new additions to my collection.  The SideShow T Rex, and the Dinostoreus Triceratops and T Rex.  Still looking for another sauropod to add.

Dinomike

Fantastic new acquisitions everyone! You're shelves are looking very good J.R.S T Rex!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: