You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

I've seen that megasaur T rex several times in the shops, it's never appealed to me... especially not in 'the flesh'. I think it's a big step down from the saurophaganax... to me it doesn't even have the 'charm' of some of their awful looking smaller figures. 

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 18, 2016, 05:29:29 PM
The Megasaur looks like a typical Megasaur, an overpriced Chinasaur.
I don't see how £1 is overpriced

CityRaptor

Wait £1? I still wouldn't buy it, but that is pretty cheap.

Quote from: Gwangi on February 18, 2016, 05:38:03 PM
Did someone say "Dinosaur City"?

Oh, I remember seeing that movie. It's also pretty obvious which Turtles they are refering to...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Digibasherx

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 17, 2016, 09:59:43 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on February 17, 2016, 07:57:36 AM
Yeah! Scrolling party again thanks to quoting whole posts with many, many pictures! ^-^ I love it!

Thanks for fixing it, Digibasherx, no offence meant :) As someone who newly is around here quite often here again, I remembered how annoying this scrolling can become.

Sorry about that guys :). Noted for future posts.

CityRaptor

Well, here is my Kleinwelka Iguanodon ( which in a way manages to be rather elegant ). Also what may be a fitting Soundtrack for this forum...or a collection: THE DINOSAURS! by Peter Mellnick. To be honest, I don't know the series it is from, but it was cheap and I liked the samples on Amazon.

The Iguanodon from the other side, and the figures from the lot it came with. ( Do not expect to see those figures again when I post pics of my collection at one point )
Oh no

triceratops83

That Kleinwelka is a really nice, classic Iguanodon. It was a good line.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Doug Watson

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 20, 2016, 02:08:52 PM
Well, here is my Kleinwelka Iguanodon ( which in a way manages to be rather elegant ). Also what may be a fitting Soundtrack for this forum...or a collection: THE DINOSAURS! by Peter Mellnick. To be honest, I don't know the series it is from, but it was cheap and I liked the samples on Amazon.
The Iguanodon from the other side, and the figures from the lot it came with. ( Do not expect to see those figures again when I post pics of my collection at one point )

Congratulations, its neat what gems can be found by scouring lots of toys. I should get back to looking through lots. I imagine you found that one at home in Germany.

Libraraptor

A Kleinwelka! What a great find, congrats!

Plasticbeast95

Some baby Dinosaurs I got over the winter holiday:

CityRaptor

Cute.

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 20, 2016, 02:17:24 PM
Congratulations, its neat what gems can be found by scouring lots of toys. I should get back to looking through lots. I imagine you found that one at home in Germany.

Thanks.
Yep, found it in an lot on German eBay. The seller had another lot with a second Iguanodon ( as well as a second big "Dimetrodon" and Toy Story Rex ), but I missed bidding on it. ( I either thought that both ended at the same day but it actually ended 2 days earlier or the seller took it out earlier )
People not knowing what they have really pays off.

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 20, 2016, 04:56:27 PM
A Kleinwelka! What a great find, congrats!

Thanks.

In case you wonder, it is what the Review calls "Version 1", based on the text on the belly.
Oh no

Patrx

Here's my latest arrival, the huge 1/5 Deinonychus antirrhopus from Nicholas Fonseca, built and painted by Martin Garratt with inspiration from a painting by John Conway. There are more pictures in my collection thread!

Lanthanotus

Woah, impressive piece Patrx, ... what are it's measurements? Saw that apple pic, but the stance makes it hard to say.

sauroid

awesome figure Patrx. do you have more pics of it?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Patrx

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 20, 2016, 11:21:00 PM
Woah, impressive piece Patrx, ... what are it's measurements? Saw that apple pic, but the stance makes it hard to say.

I got out my tape measure today, and it looks like it's about six and a half inches wide, with the end of the tail about 20 inches off the ground, and about 24 inches total in length :)

Quote from: sauroid on February 21, 2016, 01:53:16 PM
awesome figure Patrx. do you have more pics of it?

Yes indeed, on page four of my collection thread!

Libraraptor

That Deinonychus: A feast for the eyes!!!

Patrx

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 21, 2016, 10:09:21 PM
That Deinonychus: A feast for the eyes!!!
Quite so! I find that it looks dynamic no matter the angle it's viewed from.

And now for something completely different:
The towering GoZyuJin, personal mecha of the brave and knowledgeable pirate, GokaiSilver!

"But wait," you say, "that's no dinosaur. Surely it belongs in the 'Recent Acquisitions: Other Toys and Figures' thread!"
You may be right! But, then again:

The rampaging GoZyuRex!

CityRaptor

Awaken in this sacred place
Send out a thunderous roar into the sky

With the light shinning through
a gap in the clouds
The legend leaps through
Time and space

In a faraway and distant place, within the eternal darkness
DRILL ATTACK!
In an instant the fossil changes
CRASHER
TIME HAS COME!
GoZyuRex

The rising power of the strong DINOSAUR
and the FINAL CHANGE
GoZyuJin kansei!
Now show us your power Gokai
GoZyuJin

Gazing at the far off distance
Kanjinagara
The three spirits will forever
Be linked for the future

These stars are set free, and attack
BEAM ATTACK!
Flying above, they are free!
BURN OUT

TIME CAN'T WAIT!
GoZyuRex
In this era is the strong DINOSAUR
begin the FINAL CHANGE
GoZyuJin kansei!
With his right hand Gokai
GoZyuJin

TIME CAN'T WAIT!
GoJyuRex
He creates a ferocious wind that
DRILL ATTACK!
wipes out all evil, bringing peace to all!
CRASHER

TIME HAS COME!
GoZyuRex
With the rising power of the strong DINOSAUR
Begin the FINAL CHANGE
GoZyuJin kansei!
Now show us your power Gokai
GoZyuJin

( The final Combo he is involved in really leaves out a lot of mecha...)

That is also an awesome Deinonychus.
Oh no

Patrx

Hah, exactly! That's an excellent song. Generally, in the show, the transformation is shown from GoZyuRex into GoZyuJin, just like in the song, so I had to reverse the footage to make that gif  ;D There is also the initial GoZyuDrill form, but it's not very interesting and I had enough pictures already.

Dinomike

Whoa Patrx! That is truly one impressive model! You are very lucky to own it!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

Found these (minus the big Rex, which is added for scale) at my regular Collecta store:

Beishanlong, Lythronax and Metriacanthosaurus ought to arrive soon as well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: