You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I was kinda hoping that the new feathered Tyrannosaurus would be bigger, so it could be a companion for the previous feathered rex. It seems to be an inferior sculpt overall however, so I guess I'll pass. The only one that interests me is the Torvosaurus.

Silvanusaurus

Are all the new CollectAs getting released at once, rather than spaced out through the year?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 24, 2016, 05:45:20 PM
I was kinda hoping that the new feathered Tyrannosaurus would be bigger, so it could be a companion for the previous feathered rex. It seems to be an inferior sculpt overall however, so I guess I'll pass. The only one that interests me is the Torvosaurus.
Quote from: Roselaar on February 24, 2016, 05:20:04 PM
Found these (minus the big Rex, which is added for scale) at my regular Collecta store:

Beishanlong, Lythronax and Metriacanthosaurus ought to arrive soon as well.

I think it was said the new Rex would be a sub adult, so you could have a sort of " life series" of T-Rex,  baby, sub adult, adult, dead . All that's missing is old and an egg. 
It looks to have some nice dark washes too..but it's also glossier for some reason.

The Torvosaurus sort of bugs me for seem reason, its paint looks too similar to other pieces and it's sort of bland in detail from the shots I've seen. I'll wait til I see more images to decide though.

MLMjp

Found these (minus the big Rex, which is added for scale) at my regular Collecta store:

Beishanlong, Lythronax and Metriacanthosaurus ought to arrive soon as well.

WHAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT??!! :o :o :o
THEY ARE OUT ALREADY??!! :o :o :o
They just want me to go back to bankruptcy after finally having some cash reserves, don´t they?  :'(

Torvosaurus looks really cool ^-^ It´s nice size-wise, although the tail looks a little bit too long, but pretty nice figure :)
The others are meh.. The finish on the new t.rex looks really bad.

SBell

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 24, 2016, 06:10:50 PM
Are all the new CollectAs getting released at once, rather than spaced out through the year?

There are going to be a couple waves apparently. In North America those waves will likely be several months later than elsewhere for whatever reason.

laticauda

Plenty of time to think it over if I want any as I have no money right now to spend. 

suspsy

Interesting how the Hunting T. rex doesn't have nearly as much red on its crest as Firestreak, but dark stripes on its body.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Simon

*snip*

How long is the new smaller hunting TRex and the new Torvosaurus? 

Roselaar

The hunting Rex is about 13 cms in length. I paid around 8 euros for it. Not a bad price.

ITdactyl

strange... I actually prefer the hunting rex over its bigger brother.

Dilopho

Quote from: suspsy on February 25, 2016, 03:11:45 AM
Interesting how the Hunting T. rex doesn't have nearly as much red on its crest as Firestreak, but dark stripes on its body.
He hasn't grow out of the camoflauge he had as a kid!

Patrx

Unfortunately, it doesn't really have the right shape or proportions to be a young tyrannosaur.

CityRaptor

Exactly. Way too bulky.
http://arvalis.deviantart.com/art/Saurian-Tyrannosaurus-Lifecycle-567554712
Road Runners from Hell!

Quote from: Patrx on February 22, 2016, 06:26:47 PM
Hah, exactly! That's an excellent song.
Well, it is the official song.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Patrx

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 25, 2016, 05:07:51 PM

Yep. I'd only heard it in the background of the show until you posted the lyrics there, whereupon I went and found it on YouTube. Very dramatic. Gokaiger, in general, has an amazing soundtrack.

EmperorDinobot

I actually have no idea what is meant by Turtles and Dinosaur City. My Dinosaur City is totally my Dinosaur City, and Turtles have nothing to do with it.

Nice catch with GoGyuJinn. I have one too. But in this universe he is named Piratotron, and he's a Decepticon XD

CityRaptor

Quote from: Patrx on February 25, 2016, 05:14:13 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on February 25, 2016, 05:07:51 PM

Yep. I'd only heard it in the background of the show until you posted the lyrics there, whereupon I went and found it on YouTube. Very dramatic. Gokaiger, in general, has an amazing soundtrack.

Pretty much every mecha theme pales in comparism with Houkou! Bragigas. Again why do we not have a Toku thread?

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 25, 2016, 05:51:07 PM
I actually have no idea what is meant by Turtles and Dinosaur City. My Dinosaur City is totally my Dinosaur City, and Turtles have nothing to do with it.

The movie Dinosaur City, was basically made in order to cash in on the success of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the popularity of Dinosaurs at the time.

Of course a name like Dinosaur City generally sounds like either an Asylum movie, or a scenario with civilized Dinosaurs. 

Nice catch with GoGyuJinn. I have one too. But in this universe he is named Piratotron, and he's a Decepticon XD

AAAARRRRRRRR!

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Patrx

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 25, 2016, 07:13:10 PMPretty much every mecha theme pales in comparism with Houkou! Bragigas. Again why do we not have a Toku thread?
We do, but nobody seems to use it! As to mecha themes, I've never watched Kyoryuger, but I'm listening to that song now, and it's way cool.

Haha! That's a much fairer treatment than it got in Power Rangers Super Megaforce, wherein the pirate theme was ignored completely.

suspsy

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 24, 2016, 05:45:20 PM

I have both T. rexes on order from Minizoo. I won't be reviewing the Hunting version for the blog, but I'll probably post some photos of it here. I too would like another Deluxe sculpt so that I can complete my T. rex family. I guess it'd be too much to ask for it to be sculpted squatting down next to a clutch of eggs.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 25, 2016, 06:29:58 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on February 25, 2016, 08:37:41 AM
The hunting Rex is about 13 cms in length. I paid around 8 euros for it. Not a bad price.

CollectA on their website list it as a 20cm figure (http://www.collecta.biz/en/collections/prehistoric-life/88742), if it's only 13cm is way too small than I was hoping. How big is the swimming spino so? The price is quite a bargain for the quality of the sculpt though.

Checked again, it's actually closer to 16 cms. But not 20. It's in the same scale range as the swimming Spino I think.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Some recent acquisitions of mine:

[Image Removed]

The Battat Terra section is still gone in my local Target however asking customer service went a long way  ;). Shame they didn't have the euoplocephalus but I'm lucky to have gotten these. Also the two flat stones in the front are fragments of glyptodont armor.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: