You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Flaffy

Puffin coloured pterosaurs ;D Nice stuff!

Paleona

Those Sega minis are really cute~ I especially like that purple Stegosaurus!

Dinomike

Stunning new dinos everyone!  Roselaar: Your recent haul is magnificent!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

The dino fun continues today with this lovely group of Japanese goodies:

With the addition of the Meganeura, I now finally own every single sculpts of the regular Kaiyodo Dinotales lines. Still plenty of nifty repaints to collect though. And lots of figures from their other, rarer lines...

DinoLord

Congratulations on acquiring all the sculpts! Of course with all the paint variants out there this is only half the battle...  :-X

Roselaar

Quote from: DinoLord on June 08, 2016, 01:48:35 AM
Congratulations on acquiring all the sculpts! Of course with all the paint variants out there this is only half the battle...  :-X

True. I decided to forego the various variants of skeletal reconstructions, since I honestly don't care much for those. So out of the regular Dinotales series, that currently leaves only fourteen figures. Not bad. Not counting the various super rare exclusive variants from figures like Siamotyrannus or Acrocanthosaurus, of course.

Flaffy

Good Luck Kaiyodo hunting Roselaar  :))

Archinto

Got in a big box of suprise dinosaurs. Amongst the chinasaurs and jp and godzillas, there were three rare thunder beasts figures! Heres one of them as a sneak peek.....

Thunder beasts coelurus!

Thunder Beasts Coelurus, total suprise find in a box of other dinosaurs! Got two other rare thunder beasts with this guy too! by Archinto, on Flickr

I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Archinto on June 09, 2016, 07:18:45 PM
Got in a big box of suprise dinosaurs. Amongst the chinasaurs and jp and godzillas, there were three rare thunder beasts figures! Heres one of them as a sneak peek.....

Thunder beasts coelurus!

Edit: so yeah it is practically impossible to post anytbhing with a picture using my mobile device.... ill fix it later

The same thing just happened to me the other day, but I only got a Thunder Beasts Velociraptor (the smaller one) in my box of chinasaurs. Still a lovely find though!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Archinto on June 09, 2016, 07:18:45 PM

Thunder beasts coelurus!

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/14816146@N04/27466531242/]

Edit: so yeah it is practically impossible to post anytbhing with a picture using my mobile device.... ill fix it later

Very nice! I just got outbid for a Coelurus on eBay :/
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Archinto

I got the callovosaurus that was listed. Im glad this box i got came n when it did cause it saved me having to bid on tue coelurus and the small velociraptor
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Daspletodave

Finally got him - the elusive black Tyrannosaurus from the Favorite Collection>

Much thanks to Brett!
On the auction site the photos showed the model in the blister pack - and it looked brown and black. But this figure is clearly black and blue, with brown only on the undersides. The eyes and teeth are somewhat sloppily painted, but overall it is a stunning figure.

some images with his Favorite T-Rex brethren. The first pic shows the original 2004 production green and brown T-Rexes. The next two show later production T-Rexes (around 2010) - the brown one is noticeably darker than the initial release

The blister pack was the same size as the Spinosaurus and later Favorite issues. These packs are larger than the initial ones used, and feature a picture of the model on the back.

Invicta Hunter's black T-Rex appears to be the "first issue" of the black T-Rex, back in 2004. The packaging is the same as all the other original 2004 releases. The initial packs were all white, and barely larger than the figure inside. This next photo shows the difference between the early and later blister packs.

My black T-Rex appears to be a later release, issued at the same time as the black Triceratops.
So my assessment is that there are only four special color editions of the original Favorite series - a black and blue T-Rex, a black Triceratops, a black and yellow spotted T-Rex with collector case, and a "geographic" Triceratops with collector case.
Of course if someone has photos of another version I'd love to see them posted here!

Invicta Hunter

It's good to see another one, well done finding it  :)
I think my black rex was only sold through the Favorite website but then the later version (yours) did get a limited release in museums a long side the black tric.  The first release also has better painted eyes/teeth.

Sim

Quote from: Daspletodave on June 12, 2016, 06:53:51 PM
My black T-Rex appears to be a later release, issued at the same time as the black Triceratops.
So my assessment is that there are only four special color editions of the original Favorite series - a black and blue T-Rex, a black Triceratops, a black and yellow spotted T-Rex with collector case, and a "geographic" Triceratops with collector case.
Of course if someone has photos of another version I'd love to see them posted here!

I've never seen the black Triceratops, can you share any photos of it?  As for any other special colour editions of the original Favorite series, would you count the relatively colourful Deinonychus from the box set?  I've seen a comparison of brighter and duller versions of the Styracosaurus but I'm not sure if they were just due to differences in production, in the same way you mentioned for the Tyrannosaurus, or if one type was exclusive to a box set.  In Reply #7012 of this thread, docronnie posted a photo of a brown Favorite Triceratops.  I didn't know the Triceratops came in brown!  Is this a special edition too?  Here's a link to docronnie's post: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=16.msg123859#msg123859

Daspletodave

The Deinonychus from the box set does count as a color variant.
Here it is next to the regular issue variety:

Didn't know about the brown triceratops, though.

As a follower of the Favorite website ever since the series was first released in 2004, I can tell you that the black variants were never shown on the website. But these guys were shown on the website, and were available in 2010:

I think Invicta Hunter's black T-Rex is the Japan-only exclusive from 2004. When I bought my Favorite set in early 2005 I asked the dealer about the black T-Rex and he said he never heard of it.
According to Fukuiraptor there was a Dino Expo in Japan in 2009, and that is where the black T-Rex and black Triceratops were sold - this is Fukuiraptor's picture:

There are more pics and posts in pages 290-294 of the Recent Acquisitions thread.

Flaffy

Thanks for the images ;D
Are there any places/sources where I can find the paint variant Deinonychus?

Invicta Hunter

Here's a photo of my one.
Can anyone translate the Japanese written on the front of the card?

Sim

Thanks for your reply, Daspletodave!  I looked at the posts you mentioned, very interesting.  It seems later issues of the black/yellow Tyrannosaurus and yellow/green Triceratops came without the cases.  If I'm not mistaken, later issues of the Plesiosaurus and Pteranodon similarly came with just the figure without a hook in the back unlike earlier issues.

It's good to finally see the box set exclusive Deinonychus outside of a stock image.  Here are two photos by Bokisaurus that show the two Styracosaurus:

(Photo from here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=429.0)
  (Photo from here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=656.0)

Invicta Hunter

Here's a photo of the variant Deinonychus with better lighting.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: