You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Well those are some nice and big hauls Carnegie Collector, Megalosaurus, Dilopho and everyone!

docronnie

Nice giving names to your dinos, CarnegieCollector, reminds me of my 7 year old daughter.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: docronnie on November 15, 2016, 10:38:19 PM
Nice giving names to your dinos, CarnegieCollector, reminds me of my 7 year old daughter.  :)
Haha! Thanks!  :D
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Keaton64

Great hauls everyone.  Megalosaurus, I hope your Bullyland lambeosaurus is more stable than mine.  I have also expanded my collection with this massive behemoth from PNSO (original Carnegie brachiosaurus inserted for comparison):

Unlike my Basilosaurus, they didn't mess up on the eye paint, but it does have a few small areas where the paint has rubbed off, most notably the face:

They painted the fourth claw on the hind right leg, but left it unpainted on the left leg.  Here's the rest of the new figures:

Keep in mind that if you buy the CollectA Saurophaganax, it could turn out to be a leaner.  Mine is stable, but it is leaning pretty hard to the left.

Archinto

Seeing the huanghetitan next to the carnegie brachio really gives the proportions well. I thought the figure was larger than that. Still pretty awesome though. It would still be considered a lil guy in my sauropod herd lol. My tsukuda brontosaurus looks like a baby...... lol

Awesome hauls everyone!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Lanthanotus

Part of my recent acquisitions and gifts (celebrated my 40th birthday few weeks ago), the Proceratosaurus sneaked in, I got this early this year, but I enlarged its tail a bit to give it more balanced proportions (the other customizations will be shown in my thread), I was also able to add the Safari Dinosaurs of China Yangchuanosaurus and Therizinosaurus, and finally also the Invicta Diplodocus.

Jose S.M.

Nice haul! I envy the Fukuisaurus and the Australovenator hehehe

Dinomike

Wow Keaton! That PNSO is huge! Great new acquisitions everyone!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

docronnie

Beautiful models everyone!  Thanks for the photo comparison Keaton.  That Brachio is really huge!  ;D

What I got recently:

Invicta Triceratops - 1975

Invicta Scelidosaurus - 1974  

Invicta Megalosaurus - 1974  

Invicta Glyptodon - 1975 

I think somebody painted this batch, except for the Scelidosaurus, since they don't resemble the colors of the painted Invictas.

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Styracosaurus - 2001  

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Kronosaurus - 1996 

The Kronosaurus is not really in an excellent shape, but I'll take anytime, in this part of the world.  ;D

TFL!  ^-^

Jose S.M.

Congrats docronnie, those are very nice figures.

docronnie

Thanks Joe! Come to think of it, those Invictas are already over 40 years old.

They were probably bought in UK by a Japanese collector, who painted or had them painted.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

sauroid

i only need 2 or 3 Invictas and my Invicta collection will be complete
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Nebuloid

Just picked this up today, relatively cheap. Studio Oxmox T-Rex diorama :

Sorry for the grainy phone picture, couldn't contain my excitement ! Will post some better photos tomorrow.

tanystropheus

The shadows give it a nice touch.

LophoLeeVT

love the way you display pterosaurus! a nice rex,too!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

stargatedalek

Since this is the past few months worth (I've gotten very lax with taking pictures) I'm not going to separate the extinct and modern animals and just do them all together.

Finally got around to the Favorite Kinto soft models. I've always loved the detail work on them despite their general proportions being, iffy, to say the least. This made them the perfect choice for something I'm going to be starting shortly.

These are all second hand finds. The JPS1 raptors are duplicates for me now and these are my second and third Tyrannosaurus hatch-lings (not sure if I want to keep them yet or not). JW Junior and Brawlasaurs are quite underwhelming, glad I didn't buy them new. JP/// Brachiosaurus and TLW Cyclops raptor are both quite satisfactory though.

Safari snapping Tyrannosaurus is rather silly, but for $1 I finally gave in. I like how the neck is held posture wise, but that's it's best feature. DOC Velociraptor (compared with my other one) one is a lot more orange in person than the other. Apatosaurus and Alligator are damaged but should be reparable, and this makes my second mini eagle ray.

The lovely Play Visions amphibians and some more misc Safari minis.

These vintage fish are really nice. Also picked up a painted Invicta Scelidosaurus. Found it by chance, and although I rather like it I think I'd prefer the unpainted version.

Schleich Pelican is amazing, first Schleich I've bought new in a good while. Easily their best dinosaur by a long shot if you ask me. Torosaurus is interesting, and the "Velociraptor" is quite genuinely terrible, but I have plans for it.

Would never have bought the Papo white tiger if it wasn't in a lot with other figures, but it's not half bad really.

Did I need another of these? No. Did I want one? Not really. But when the price is right...

I'd procrastinated getting the WWD Utahraptor for years, so I finally did.

I finally got the Colorata Salt Water fish box (back in August). I must say I'm extremely pleased, highly recommend it. I notice the bases are different from the photos on the ATF, I prefer the aesthetic of the older bases but I prefer the new "pairings".

Last and in this case least is the REBOR Compsognathus. It's a shame Kenner never made any decent sized figures of the JP Compsognathus because I would have bought that instead. The detail work is well done, but the quality control is sorely lacking. The jaw slides loose occasionally, the dragonfly's pole falls out of its base, and the dragonfly's wings are just laminate. Very disappointed, and I already had low expectations for my first REBOR product. Great service from Everything Dinosaur though, will order from them again.

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 23, 2016, 04:12:02 AM
Since this is the past few months worth (I've gotten very lax with taking pictures) I'm not going to separate the extinct and modern animals and just do them all together.

Last and in this case least is the REBOR Compsognathus. It's a shame Kenner never made any decent sized figures of the JP Compsognathus because I would have bought that instead. The detail work is well done, but the quality control is sorely lacking. The jaw slides loose occasionally, the dragonfly's pole falls out of its base, and the dragonfly's wings are just laminate. Very disappointed, and I already had low expectations for my first REBOR product. Great service from Everything Dinosaur though, will order from them again.
WOW! Those are awesome hauls!  :))

Edited for replying with too many pics.  C:-)
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Everything_Dinosaur

Thanks for the comment about Everything Dinosaur's great service, always a pleasure to hear from our customers and thanks for posting up the pics.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: