You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd love to have a sculpture of that beast, it's really epic!

Jetoar

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 09, 2017, 09:32:04 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on January 09, 2017, 08:43:16 AM

The scale was a little confusing to me, as these figures had the following scales: 1:1, 1:32, and 1:35. Those last two seemed pretty close to me. While Tullymonstrum and Xenacanthus are both labeled "1:1", Tully could reach 14 inches, and Xena one meter, so this cannot have been accurate. Nevertheless, the figures are delightful. All in all I am very pleased with my purchase - some of these species have never been made before - and would highly recommend Paleo-Creatures.

Koolasuchus and Xenacanthus are 2 figures that I asked to Jesus as a commission/personal request and he added to his great Paleo-Creatures line (the last one was Saurosuchus - 1:35 - ).
Xenacanthus is at 1:7 scale and Koolasuchus is at 1:35 scale.

( https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157663388583710 )

WHATTTT????????. I am really happy that your figures arrive safe, even with the current aspect of the box.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 14, 2017, 11:21:01 PM
Very retro. Reminds me of this:

That was the inspiration,   as well as the imperial t.rex

Halichoeres

That's a cool new rex, Takama. Congrats to Archinto on another well executed project.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

Well I finally can post pics of my Christmas presents, first my partner gave me Carnegie Corythosaurus and Dilong, the Cory is used and has some paint scuffs but it's nice and I always wanted it so I'm very happy!

And my sister, brother and mom gave me these:

There's a sad story, the Diplodocus had and accident while being wrapped and its head fell of, so you can see the seam where it was glued, but that stuff doesn't bother me much and I like it as if was perfect.

stoneage

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 14, 2017, 05:36:55 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on January 14, 2017, 04:59:13 PM

I keep its stand in the box because is almost impossible to keep the figure standing on it. Just the slightest touch or breeze and BUM! Shark on the floor. A pity cause I really like the sandy bottom of the ocean base.

That's too bad about the stand, because I agree it looks very elegant. Nevertheless, a beautiful shark.

Would sticky tack work?  Also is the figure only 12.5 inches long?

MLMjp

Quote from: stoneage on January 15, 2017, 10:08:33 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 14, 2017, 05:36:55 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on January 14, 2017, 04:59:13 PM

I keep its stand in the box because is almost impossible to keep the figure standing on it. Just the slightest touch or breeze and BUM! Shark on the floor. A pity cause I really like the sandy bottom of the ocean base.

That's too bad about the stand, because I agree it looks very elegant. Nevertheless, a beautiful shark.

Would sticky tack work?  Also is the figure only 12.5 inches long?

The C.megalodon measures 31 cm, 37 cm if the tail was not bended. In first case would be somewhat over 12 inches and in the second case somewhat over 14 inches.

Blade-of-the-Moon

been trying to figure out just how they expected it to balance there and it's beyond me. lol

RobinGoodfellow

..a big bunch of figures in the mail today... thanks Urzeitshop.  ^-^

On my thread soon.
:)

Killekor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 16, 2017, 11:45:58 AM

On my thread soon.

Please, can you tell me your opinion about the Deinocheirus (and possibly Can you post some photos?)?

Thanks

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Roselaar

Fabulous lot of Safarisaurs! Hope to see these beauties in the flesh myself soon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Killekor on January 16, 2017, 01:36:46 PM

On my thread soon.

Please, can you tell me your opinion about the Deinocheirus (and possibly Can you post some photos?)?

Thanks

Killekor

I'm quite busy these days but you'll find some more pictures on my collection thread soon..  :)
ALL the figures in my collection are on Flickr (I just need the right time to shoot some good pictures  ;) )
:D 

Killekor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 16, 2017, 02:16:03 PM
Quote from: Killekor on January 16, 2017, 01:36:46 PM

On my thread soon.

Thanks

Killekor

I'm quite busy these days but you'll find some more pictures on my collection thread soon..  :)

Thanks

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

BlueKrono

I've gotten quite a few neat things in the last couple months, but because of it being extra busy at work (-->thus allowing me to get the neat things-->) I haven't been able to post much. Here are a few.

Huge SEGA Amargasaurus and Favorite Burgess Shale "Cambrian Creatures" set, acquired from forum member Brettnj for pretty reasonable prices.

The Amarga is quite large, similar in scale to the resin figure I have - taller but not as long in tail.

Here's the SEGA and another recent addition - the Favorite/ Dinostoreus model. It's super fragile, and I got it on discount from a rock and fossil shop since a couple of the little spikes on the back had been broken off.

The Cambrian critters are just fantastic. Having just been released last year they are as accurate as they come, and the detail above and on the undersides is excellent.

Also, Canadaspis officially wins the award for Most Unexpectedly Cute Prehistoric Critter. All you can usually see is the humongous carapace and a little crustacean tail sticking out. But that face... Behold the shrimpy adoreableness!

"Heeeeey you guys!" Okay, not so adorable, but it's an Olorotitan, so I bit.

The face on this Chinese CollectA knockoff is wide and derpy.

It's a fair bit bigger than the original, though keeping the same pose and color scheme. Made by the same company that made the Tylosaurus I have. While inferior in almost every way to its primogenitor, it does have one up on its diminuitive oriental cousin, PNSO's 2016 Olorotitan. The knockoff retains the bifurcated crest of the CollectA, despite mangling other details of the head and neck.

From the same nefarious seller comes this guy, a repainted knockoff of Schleich's Kentrosaurus. I simply liked the color of this one more, so...

Not sure if it's a direct recast of the original, but it's pretty darn close. Maybe a little reworking of the scales on the side just to make them look a little more crappy, and the tip of the tail is definitely heftier. The figure is cast in some kind of yellowish polymer which can be seen on the unfinished bottoms of the feet.

The seller was nice enough to send me a couple extras too. They came in little eggs, which there was no possible way to undo. Hearing something inside, I just crushed them. A powerful chemical smell of toxic plastic erupted from my hand. These little figures (the stego is about 2 inches long) are made of some sort of foam and smell like cancerous death. I always thought people here on the forum who knocked knockoffs for possibly containing toxic substances and paying more for USDA approved playthings were being a little overcautious. Boy was I wrong. It seems in China they simply don't put the same value on human health and wellbeing that we do in more developed countries. I can totally see a small child put these youthful-trachea-sized plastic marshmallows in their mouth, provided they didn't barf from the smell first (it certainly made me queasy). I refused to keep these and resell them, as I often do with "extras" I get when I buy dino toy lots. I disposed of them, after of course ripping them in half to examine their innards. No human should be exposed to these so obviously toxic toys. Buyer beware. ;)
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

sauroid

those are really interesting finds Bluekrono. love em. oh btw, China has been more developed than the rest of the world for thousands of years (it's just that they are notorious for some devious business activities than usual)... just saying :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

BlueKrono

You're absolutely right. A couple years ago I devoted a couple months to making a timeline of the most important events in human history. Guess which country contributed more than any other? Perhaps I should clarify "modern China." We went through the same stage during our Industrial Revolution about 120 years ago, and China is improving leaps and bounds faster than we did with their adoption of green energy and other modern stepping stones.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Ikessauro

Finally got this Amargasaurus!

BlueKrono

Archinto

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 17, 2017, 06:21:52 AM

The seller was nice enough to send me a couple extras too. They came in little eggs, which there was no possible way to undo. Hearing something inside, I just crushed them. A powerful chemical smell of toxic plastic erupted from my hand. These little figures (the stego is about 2 inches long) are made of some sort of foam and smell like cancerous death. I always thought people here on the forum who knocked knockoffs for possibly containing toxic substances and paying more for USDA approved playthings were being a little overcautious. Boy was I wrong. It seems in China they simply don't put the same value on human health and wellbeing that we do in more developed countries. I can totally see a small child put these youthful-trachea-sized plastic marshmallows in their mouth, provided they didn't barf from the smell first (it certainly made me queasy). I refused to keep these and resell them, as I often do with "extras" I get when I buy dino toy lots. I disposed of them, after of course ripping them in half to examine their innards. No human should be exposed to these so obviously toxic toys. Buyer beware. ;)

I think those toys are magic grow dinos that are meant to be put in water, not broken dry like that. THe egg hatches when the dinosaur inside grows large enough to break it.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Fenestra

Haha! Nice going BlueKrono.
You just aborted two dinosaur babies.   >:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: