You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

I hope to god that Tyrannosaurus rex actually looked exactly like this in life.

Jose S.M.

I just got the 2017 W.S Tyrannosaurus and Psittacosaurus and they are gorgeus figures, both look even better in hand, my T-rex stands well on it's own for now, but it's the Psittaco who came with a little warped foot but it's fixed now.

sauroid

'grats Joe289, they look cool and hope to get my own soon.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

PumperKrickel

It finally arrived! I´m so happy with the figure and my Raptor finally has a place, where he kinda fits in scale-wise.

Killekor

Congrats all for the new acquisitions  ^-^

Yesterday night i've recived as gift this guy:

now i will post it in the identification thread.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Silvanusaurus

PNSO Tyrannosaurus with new colours confirmed!

He has a subtle scheme of pastel red, orange and brown and his fiery eyes belie only cold-hearted malice.

He has never known love.

He was an outcast from his own kind, now only hate keeps him going. 

Also, this absolute hunk:

sauroid

so glad that PNSO repainted the V1 rex. congrats on the cool haul Silvanusaurus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

..I don't understand why PNSO decided not to emphasize the feathers on the head and on shoulders with a different color... (because "Big" Rex has minor feathers)  ???

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Silvanusaurus may I ask where you bought these from? I've been struggling to acquire any of the new PNSO models and was wondering if you've had any of the same problems.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on February 23, 2017, 01:59:24 PM
Silvanusaurus may I ask where you bought these from? I've been struggling to acquire any of the new PNSO models and was wondering if you've had any of the same problems.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

...probably on Amazon UK ( when PNSO WAS on Amazon UK..  :-\  )....

Unfortunately PNSO disappeared from Amazon UK weeks ago.
Now the only ways are:

- Taobao ( through a Taobao agent )
- MonsterHouse HK ( through Ebay )
- by DTF member Acro-Man ( http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5447.msg163336#msg163336 )
- Dan's Dinosaur or DeJankins ( USA )

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 23, 2017, 02:12:47 PM
Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on February 23, 2017, 01:59:24 PM

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

...probably on Amazon UK ( when PNSO WAS on Amazon UK..  :-\  )....

Unfortunately PNSO disappeared from Amazon UK weeks ago.
Now the only ways are:

- Taobao ( through a Taobao agent )
- MonsterHouse HK ( through Ebay )
- by DTF member Acro-Man ( http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5447.msg163336#msg163336 )
- Dan's Dinosaur or DeJankins ( USA )

I tried Taobao and got an email response that they were out of stock, so there goes that option :-\ Maybe I'll contact Acro-man, the ebay prices are a bit high for me.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."

PumperKrickel

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on February 23, 2017, 03:11:35 PM
I tried Taobao and got an email response that they were out of stock, so there goes that option :-\ Maybe I'll contact Acro-man, the ebay prices are a bit high for me.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Isn´t Acro-man effectively a Taobao agent? So if they´re out, he´s out too, right?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on February 23, 2017, 03:36:01 PM

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Isn´t Acro-man effectively a Taobao agent? So if they´re out, he´s out too, right?

..but "out of stock" doesn't mean "out of stock forever".
Probably in the meantime they are re-stocking... just waiting..

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 23, 2017, 03:55:42 PM
Quote from: SuperiorSpider on February 23, 2017, 03:36:01 PM

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

..but "out of stock" doesn't mean "out of stock forever".
Probably in the meantime they are re-stocking... just waiting..

Hopefully that's the case...

Silvanusaurus

I was lucky in that I ordered the figures from Amazon UK in a brief spell when PNSO re-appeared on there, about 2 weeks ago, before swiftly dissapearing once more.

Robin Goodfellow, I agree about the feathers, as it is they are barely visible, like they are just a weird skin growth. I might give them a paint highlight myself, but then I'm not sure if I like the way they look anyway, so maybe it's better they are hidden.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 23, 2017, 05:12:05 PM
Robin Goodfellow, I agree about the feathers, as it is they are barely visible, like they are just a weird skin growth. I might give them a paint highlight myself, but then I'm not sure if I like the way they look anyway, so maybe it's better they are hidden.

Feathers could look like that:

( Photoshop test only )

BlueKrono

Ha, I never noticed those before just now.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

sauroid

let's pretend big rex is molting or losing its feathers due to old age.

Sigmasaurus

The 2 most recent figures I have gotten are:

The Safari LTD new Diplo

And the Giga

Silvanusaurus

I won a very ecclectic lot of (mostly) vintage figures on eBay.
The stars of the group are these lovely starlux, a line I hadn't been that interested in before, but having them in hand I think I'm in love with these figures, gonna have to collect more of them:

The rest of the lot is an interesting selection of Inpros, Schleich Ursaurier (I think?), a Favourite series 1 Allosaurus, some diecast JP figures (which I dont want to keep), and a couple of odd little things.

All of this for £22, which seems like a steal to me, especially with those beautiful Starlux.

If anybody wants the duplicate Inpros and JP diecast figures, let me know.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: