You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on May 01, 2017, 01:41:43 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on April 30, 2017, 10:03:25 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 30, 2017, 09:14:30 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 29, 2017, 02:24:08 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 29, 2017, 11:47:11 AM
My King's Day 2017 haul. A very diverse bunch, though none of them in pristine conditions of course. Some of the less obvious figuren in this lot (the weird big Trike, the rubber green Saltasaurus) need identification.

That's a good haul you got there.
It's nice to see you got two of the very rare Dinowaurs figures.

There's very rare Dinowaurs figures? Care to elaborate? ;)

Refers to the small brownish theropod and plesiosaur in the lower righthand corner. I believe Dinowaurs was a Polish company. Snertus has them for sale from time to time.

Those two are from the normal set and their easy enough to find.
The rare ones you got are the Titanosaur and the two Styracosaurus.
These were only released in Croatia in blister packs and are a bugger to find now.
There were six of these rares, the other four are baryonyx, majungasaurus, tarbosaurus and spinosaurus.
Baryonyx is the rarest one of all.
So yeah you got some very nice figures there.  :)

Thanks for the info. Lucky me to get two Styracosaurs!  :)

Got a link to more info on the Dinowaurs line? The DTF thread is rather incomplete.

amargasaurus cazaui

Back when she was active Seiijun was quite into collecting that set...(dinowaurs) and either made a thread or posted extensively somewhere about which were common and what were more easily found etc....I do remember she was able to get all except a very few limited ones, which were only offered in certain places etc
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: ZoPteryx on May 01, 2017, 04:00:37 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on May 01, 2017, 03:55:28 AM
I got these two today. Transformers TLK Grimlock repaint and the Schleich Dunkleosteus.

Wow, Grimlock looks awesome!  You'll have to show us what he looks like transformed.  Oh, and that dunky is okay too.  ;)

Here are photos of him compared with the original from AofE.

I am the Dinosaur King!

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Roselaar on May 01, 2017, 08:34:30 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on May 01, 2017, 01:41:43 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on April 30, 2017, 10:03:25 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 30, 2017, 09:14:30 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 29, 2017, 02:24:08 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 29, 2017, 11:47:11 AM
My King's Day 2017 haul. A very diverse bunch, though none of them in pristine conditions of course. Some of the less obvious figuren in this lot (the weird big Trike, the rubber green Saltasaurus) need identification.

That's a good haul you got there.
It's nice to see you got two of the very rare Dinowaurs figures.

There's very rare Dinowaurs figures? Care to elaborate? ;)

Refers to the small brownish theropod and plesiosaur in the lower righthand corner. I believe Dinowaurs was a Polish company. Snertus has them for sale from time to time.

Those two are from the normal set and their easy enough to find.
The rare ones you got are the Titanosaur and the two Styracosaurus.
These were only released in Croatia in blister packs and are a bugger to find now.
There were six of these rares, the other four are baryonyx, majungasaurus, tarbosaurus and spinosaurus.
Baryonyx is the rarest one of all.
So yeah you got some very nice figures there.  :)

Thanks for the info. Lucky me to get two Styracosaurs!  :)

Got a link to more info on the Dinowaurs line? The DTF thread is rather incomplete.

Sorry i don't have any links for more info.
All i know was found out through personal experience and from other collectors.
The Dinosauriana guide sold on Ebay has a lot of info about the line and many others, it's well worth the buy.

Roselaar

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on May 02, 2017, 01:42:26 AM

Sorry i don't have any links for more info.
All i know was found out through personal experience and from other collectors.
The Dinosauriana guide sold on Ebay has a lot of info about the line and many others, it's well worth the buy.

Oh well, thanks anyway. :)

amargasaurus cazaui

I bumped the thread about them so you could find it more easily Roselaar.........in the more recent postings
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Zhuchengotyrant

I just received the Schleich Edmontosaurus. Now all I need are the ten dinosaurs I ordered from Everything Dinosaur! 8)
-Zhuchengotyrant

tanystropheus

Quote from: empire3569 on April 29, 2017, 06:57:46 PM
Soon to be in my hands from the brilliant Martin Garratt: the Re-Papo Acrocanthosaurus  >:D

Outstanding! I would have done the same if I wasn't so broke this time of the year.

I would love to see this model juxtaposed with your REBOR (and, the full diorama, if possible).

empire3569

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 02, 2017, 11:21:09 PM
Quote from: empire3569 on April 29, 2017, 06:57:46 PM
Soon to be in my hands from the brilliant Martin Garratt: the Re-Papo Acrocanthosaurus  >:D

Outstanding! I would have done the same if I wasn't so broke this time of the year.

I would love to see this model juxtaposed with your REBOR (and, the full diorama, if possible).

Already have plans for that ;) I'll post up pictures as soon as the model arrives to me stateside

Dyscrasia

Wow, congrats for obtaining an epic piece!

Jose S.M.

A friend got me this one long time ago but he (and the figure) was out of the country .

I'm very happy that this Fukuisaurus and the Favorite Saurolophus were on top of my most wanted list!

RobinGoodfellow that's an impressive piece indeed!

Reptilia

Got these two today. The Acrocanthosaurus is way better than I expected, the tiger is not pertinent to this forum but is awesome and already one of my favourite figures in my collection. I wish Papo would do more extant animals in such original and dynamic poses.

*** picture gone thank to Postimage ***

BlueKrono

Quote from: Reptilia on May 04, 2017, 08:58:32 PM
Got these two today. The Acrocanthosaurus is way better than I expected, the tiger is not pertinent to this forum but is awesome and already one of my favourite figures in my collection. I wish Papo would do more extant animals in such original and dynamic poses.

Companies keep making these felines as tripods! When are they going to depict them with larger tails held straight out horizontal behind them for balance?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Derek.McManus

Excellent pictures thank you for sharing!

Reptilia

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 04, 2017, 10:17:37 PM
Companies keep making these felines as tripods! When are they going to depict them with larger tails held straight out horizontal behind them for balance?

1930s tail-dragger felines!

LeapingLaelaps

Just got this guy in the mail (finally!). Safari Carnegie Corythosaurus. I was originally going to skip this guy but I love his paint job and had to have him ::)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Rhamphorhynchus on May 04, 2017, 11:01:21 PM
Just got this guy in the mail (finally!). Safari Carnegie Corythosaurus. I was originally going to skip this guy but I love his paint job and had to have him ::)

Nice catch! I remember when I got mine at a local museum. Definitely an overlooked gem of a figure.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Rhamphorhynchus on May 04, 2017, 11:01:21 PM

The Carnegie Corythosaurus is one of my favorite figures.

Roselaar

Found these beauties held on reserve for me at my regular Papo dealer:

I already owned the TRU exclusive set with the Raptor repaint, but this one proved different enough for me to purchase another.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: