You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: Neosodon on August 03, 2017, 06:49:22 PM
The Scelidosaurus is cool but it looks like the tip of the tail broke off. It might just be the angle of the photo though.

It's just the angle of the photo, fortunately!

sauroid

am i the only one who can't view Bokisaurus' photobucket images?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

I see his images but as far as I can recall I've always seen his profile picture as a broken link. I don't know if it's just for me, if that's because of Photobucket, or maybe cause he wants his profile picture to be like that.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on August 04, 2017, 01:03:21 AM
am i the only one who can't view Bokisaurus' photobucket images?
I can see them (now I'm on an iPad)..

Jetoar

Thanks Ceratopsian for sharing it  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Fresh haul from Everything Dinosaur:

Fabulous figures! The new Collectas and Safaris are real gems, with the Dimorphodon as the most impressive figure of the year IMO. The Rebors are neat, I didn't expect the Deinonychus trio to be composed of bendable figures. And even Mojo made a fairly decent Rex.

CityRaptor

A bit of a mixed haul:

Got a mixed lot including The Lost World Carnotaurus (sadly missing the Dino-Damage cover), Carnegie Diplodocus, Iguanodon and Parasaurolophus.
I also obtained the classic BBC documentary Lost Worlds Vanished Lives on DVD.
And I was gifted a Hot Wheels Motosaurus, the spiritual successor of the Speed-A-Saurus. Assuming that the cockpit is indeed in the cranium of the vehicle, this would be a truely colossal vehicle....or a tiny driver.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

paintingdinos

I've not posted in this thread yet, but I'm so happy to finally have this one I had to share:

The PNSO Triceratops has to be one of my absolute favorite dino figures, excited to finally own it! (thanks again to acro-man)

Also for anyone who collect books/artwork, I also picked up this gem:

Its written in Swedish, which is unfortunately a language I do not speak, but its worth having for the really bright, fun illustrations. As I understand it, its written more for children, but the artist specifically tried to keep all of the animals as accurate as possible (while still being cute and cartoon-y, of course).

Reptilia

This book is very cool! Is it recent?

paintingdinos

Quote from: Reptilia on August 06, 2017, 02:29:29 AM
This book is very cool! Is it recent?

Yes, I think it just came out this year. Found it while searching for an art print of something else- the illustrations were so charming, I just had to have it! The artist is Johan Egerkrans, who has a blog where you can see some high-res images of the illustration in the book (as well as some other fun art he does):
http://johan-egerkrans.blogspot.com/

Reptilia

Thanks! I think I gotta have this book, love at first sight.

sauroid

the illustrator of that book is a bit influenced by Luis Rey. lovely art.

awesome hauls everyone!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

alexeratops

Another artist to look up to. Great find!
like a bantha!

BrontoScorpio

Lanthanotus

Lot of nice stuff acquired there.. especially like the design of that Swedish book and....

@ BrontoScorpio What is that tiger striped sauropod, looks very interseting?

JohannesB

Had it shipped cheap to Atlanta, Georgia, where I'll be spending a few weeks in october. Apparently I was the only bidder. (Must not be in such high demand.) So all in all a fair price for this Invicta piece, I think. (Or not?) So I'll have to wait some time to collect it. In the meantime I'm waiting for a PNSO Chungkingosaurus to arrive. I am not really planning to buy more PNSO models than that one Chungkingosaurus, which I think is just gorgeous.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 06, 2017, 05:04:05 PM

@ BrontoScorpio What is that tiger striped sauropod, looks very interseting?

That is a Happinet Large dinosaur era soft Vinyl 2005 Supersaurus by Kazunari Araki

JohannesB

Quote from: paintingdinos on August 06, 2017, 02:23:31 AMAlso for anyone who collect books/artwork, I also picked up this gem:

Its written in Swedish, which is unfortunately a language I do not speak, but its worth having for the really bright, fun illustrations. As I understand it, its written more for children, but the artist specifically tried to keep all of the animals as accurate as possible (while still being cute and cartoon-y, of course).

If I may digress just a little, try his book 'Nordiska Gudar'.The illustrations there are arguably even more beautiful. And a lot bigger book too, so even more to enjoy. (I am lucky, for once, to live in Norway.) But anyhow, beautiful illustrations in that 'Alla Tiders Dinosaurier'.

acro-man

A lucky find on Taobao.
5 unpainted Battat for $25
Doesn't look like bootleg because the letters on their bellies are very clear.
So...

YES! YES! YES!!!!

My only question: is the Pachycephalosaurus tail really as slim as that of a rat?

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

sauroid

wow i never heard of unpainted Battats before, lucky find nevertheless, congrats. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: