You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravonium

Is that the bootleg that was called "Torosaurus" in the picture advertising it? Or is it another REBOR bootleg?

Minmiminime

Looks like the bootleg preserves a lot of the detail! A bargain at that price ^-^

I got the new Safari Ltd Malawisaurus, ED just got the new line in a couple of days before Christmas, but still managed to get one to my other half in time for the day ;D It's a rather small but beautifully formed model, I'm delighted with it. It reminds me of the best Battat models! I also got a T. rex bottle opener that's very clearly based on the Schleich T. rex, and The Unfeathered Bird by Katrina van Grouw
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

PhilSauria

It was indeed described as Torosaurus on the listing and the phrase "Jurassic World Park" was thrown in there to attract search engines I guess. The red and white circular logo on the images was for a company called "Cikoo".

tyrantqueen

Lots of Kaiyodos (sorry about the dust)

sauroid

wow TQ you got a lot of the Series 5 DT. most of mine are still unassembled. grats.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

IrritatorRaji

Bought this guy (was thinking to review him if no one minds?) but I'm abroad. The person  looking after my home just informed me that he arrived, so excited! Hoping to get more pics of him soon :)

Lanthanotus

Nice :). I really like the "walking on the knuckles" reconstruction... just wondering why this thing has several articulations in the tail. The jaw okay, but two in the tail, none in the legs... weird choice, would definetly look better without.

Libraraptor

Safari "Baby Louie" Oviraptor (is that one rare btw?)
Dino Riders Kentrosaurus
Schleich Dinogorgon

Pictures follow in my collection thread as soon as all three have arrived.

postsaurischian

Quote from: PhilSauria on December 27, 2017, 09:08:13 AM
More angles on the Carnotaurus. Among other differences the copy has the arms reaching forward while in the original they are back along the body.

The original has movable arms. You can pose them the way you like.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Lanthanotus on December 27, 2017, 08:48:22 PM
... just wondering why this thing has several articulations in the tail. The jaw okay, but two in the tail, none in the legs... weird choice, would definetly look better without.

I dunno why, it seems to be a running thing with this toy line

Lanthanotus

Well, it will definetly increase the playability for the kids :)

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 27, 2017, 01:50:29 PM

Excellent catch! Series 5 was for me Kaiyodo's greatest line-up. Stunning models and excellent paint jobs. It was only lacking in output (only 10 figures) and species diversity (only dinosaurs, almost).

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on December 27, 2017, 11:20:41 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 27, 2017, 01:50:29 PM

Excellent catch! Series 5 was for me Kaiyodo's greatest line-up. Stunning models and excellent paint jobs. It was only lacking in output (only 10 figures) and species diversity (only dinosaurs, almost).

But for a non-dino, the Eryops was a great choice! And is a great figure!

paintingdinos

I finally received the rest of my Christmas haul. Once all the big models are done... I can start work on the minis  >:D

An assortment of prehistoric mammals by DeeZee:

The neanderthals are by Lucid Eye. Wasn't originally planning on them, but they were offered in bundle with the bull mammoth so I took advantage of the good deal :)

Shapeways stuff:

All 1/72 gorgonzola models. I love his stuff. I wish there were more dinosaur models like his in natural/casual poses.

PhilSauria

More additions, this time from my birthday in November (which added a zero to my age!). The PNSO Triceratops, one of the best Triceratops figures out there; Dinosaur Art 2, which slides in next to volume one on the bookshelf (hope there's a third volume next year); and the Bullyland Megatherium, which has been on my wants list for a while and is now on my mammamls shelf (with help from Lanthanotus - thanks).

Reptilia

Cool those prehistoric mammals! What's DeeZee, a modeling brand?

Shonisaurus

I recommend Dinosaur Art II is a great book of illustrations and a text accessible to one hundred percent. Congratulations PhilSauria.

paintingdinos

Quote from: Reptilia on December 28, 2017, 11:32:31 AM

You know, I'm not really sure. I saw a picture of the mammoths somewhere and followed a link back to here:
https://arcanesceneryandmodels.co.uk/product-category/deezee-miniatures/deezee-beasts/

Which is how I got them. I'd never heard of them before, and a google search doesn't pull up a ton of info.

SBell

Quote from: paintingdinos on December 28, 2017, 03:25:31 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on December 28, 2017, 11:32:31 AM

You know, I'm not really sure. I saw a picture of the mammoths somewhere and followed a link back to here:
https://arcanesceneryandmodels.co.uk/product-category/deezee-miniatures/deezee-beasts/

Which is how I got them. I'd never heard of them before, and a google search doesn't pull up a ton of info.

He's a miniature model maker--Richard Deasey. He started the Deezee line almost 20 years ago, and the molds are still out there. But things didn't work out for whatever reason.

Then he started the Primaeval Designs line at Acheson Creations https://achesoncreations.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=49 but this one seems to have stalled out now too. The larger ones are plastic, the smaller are metal, just like the DeeZee figures.

I have a few older DeeZee models, and several of the Primaevals too. The Saurosuchus and Kannemeyeria are very good...and someday I'll remember to get the Cotylorhynchus. I also have a number of the mammals.

They are all well done, if a little small, but I'd recommend them for small-figure collections (they are roughly 1:65, if I understand the 28mm scale correctly).

paintingdinos

Quote from: SBell on December 28, 2017, 03:41:23 PM

Then he started the Primaeval Designs line at Acheson Creations https://achesoncreations.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=49 but this one seems to have stalled out now too. The larger ones are plastic, the smaller are metal, just like the DeeZee figures.

Yes! I'd seen the Acheson ones, but didn't make the connection that they were from the same artist. Excellent, some of these will definitely be on my wish list.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: