You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

A little late, but here's the important stuff I got for Christmas. Not as many as last years group.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Fembrogon

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on December 27, 2017, 08:25:10 PM
Bought this guy (was thinking to review him if no one minds?)
I'm thinking of reviewing some of the Takara Tomy figures at some point, but I haven't actually bought any yet.  ::) Fair game, I say.

One more Favorite for now:

...Bringing the collection count to five. This ones' pretty robust in comparison to the slinky theropods. I'm liking these so far and will probably get myself a few more in the future.

paintingdinos

I spoke too soon, one last X-mas gift (to myself lol) finally arrived today.

The Prey Collection Studio Spinosaurus (1/56). He'a a little bit bigger than the Favorite Spino, but oh so detailed and the pose is a-mazing and dynamic. Easily one of my favorite models, and its not even cleaned up yet  :)

suspsy

Got these two books for Christmas:

Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

The Art of the Dinosaur is not quite as professionally done as Dinosaur Art I and II. There are a few grammatical errors here and there in the captions, and some of the interviews are taken directly from those other two books. I assume this was done with permission! However, the book does feature a number of fantastic works by those same artists which did not appear in Dinosaur Art, such as Rey's graphic depiction of a pack of T. rexes literally tearing a live Triceratops apart. It also features a couple of Asian paleoartists whom I'd never heard of before: Zhao Chuang and Masato Hattori. So overall, I'm quite happy with it. Anyone who enjoys dinosaur art should enjoy this book!

And Dragon Teeth turned out to be quite the page turner! It combined two things that I've always loved: dinosaurs and the Old West. In addition to OC Marsh and Edward Cope, Wyatt Earp and his brother Morgan make an appearance. Highly recommended.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ITdactyl

Wow, everyone got awesome holiday hauls!

And paintingdinos is on a roll.  ;D  That spinosaurus elicits an "oh my!" with a George Takei accent.  ;D

My only recent saurian haul is the newly released Transformers Swoop.  But I can't stop playing with him....

docronnie

Congratulations everyone on your awesome hauls and Advanced Happy New Year as well!  ^-^
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Shonisaurus

Thank you Suspsy for the information you have contributed on your recent acquisition "The Art of the dinosaur" is in my mind to buy it after having the dinosaur art II. I'm sorry that you have this new acquisition of your grammatical errors. Anyway, I plan to buy it.  ^-^

ceratopsian

I bought The Art of the Dinosaur just before Christmas and have enjoyed browsing through it.  Nice book to keep.  Even if it isn't properly copyedited, the illustrations are good quality reproductions.  I'm expecting Dinosaur Art II this afternoon!

Libraraptor

Great new acquisitions, everyone!
Now, I´ve been  busy over the last days acquiring some new stuff:

Schleich did very good Jobs on the Dinogorgon and the Psittacosaurus.
I also Held in my Hands their new Oviraptor, which is decent, but has a very dull color scheme. Their Tawa is decent, too, but not a must-have. The new Carnotaurus, well, it´s okay, but not a must-have either. As many Schleich theropods it suffers from gigantic hind feet.
The Psittacosaurus is made from very hard plastic in contradiction to the other new releases. I like it very much. It´s the best figure Schleich ever released, I hope soon we can forget all their many, many failures from the past, and they come closer to CollectA or Safari qualitiy with all their new stuff. Then they don´t need to buy positive reviews on Amazon anymore. Then the figures will speak for themselves.
Now I am waiting for Dino Riders Kentrosaurus.

Bokisaurus

Got these guys just in time :)

Wonderful new addition everyone!

Libraraptor

The Malawisaurus really looks tempting!

Minmiminime

It seems to be the most popular member of the new range thus far! It's the one I wanted more than all the others and I couldn't be happier with it ^-^Going to get the Anzu next
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Apart from the malawisaurus (which is exceptional apart from awesome) I recommend the Safari hyaenodon which is better than the Mojo for two reasons it is less static and larger (almost the size of the Collecta andrewsarchus) much more detailed.  :) Without that it takes away the merits of the beautiful sculpture of Mojo that was a pioneer in making a first and very nice paleoartistic version of this dark prehistoric mammal.  :D

The hyaenodon said is immense and detailed and is for me one of the best sculptures of prehistoric mammals made this year 2018 along with the mastodon, daeodon and megacerops of the same brand.  8)

On the other hand the anzu is superdetallado and very beautiful, that yes is the smallest figure of this group of prehistoric animals of Safari next to the macrauchenia and the uintatherium.

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 29, 2017, 11:26:58 PM
Apart from the malawisaurus (which is exceptional apart from awesome) I recommend the Safari hyaenodon which is better than the Mojo for two reasons it is less static and larger (almost the size of the Collecta andrewsarchus) much more detailed.  :) Without that it takes away the merits of the beautiful sculpture of Mojo that was a pioneer in making a first and very nice paleoartistic version of this dark prehistoric mammal.  :D

The Safari animals are very nice--I am still waiting for the Macrauchenia and Hyaenodon to reach my store--but Mojo was not the first Hyaenodon figure:

AAA did this one in ~2007 (along with an Entelodon). As for size, this is their 'large' but there was a huge hollow-style model as well.

And both were just a little inspired by Walking with Prehistoric Beasts! ;)

Reptilia

I prefer this one to both Mojo and Safari.

Shonisaurus

And to think that I was about to buy a hyaenodon from the AAA company now I'm lamenting. Although I will continue looking.  :(

I believe that each AAA, Mojo or Safari hyaenodon has its own artistic license. I honestly like the safari hyaenodon more, I see it less static than the other versions of that figure.

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 30, 2017, 11:59:31 AM
And to think that I was about to buy a hyaenodon from the AAA company now I'm lamenting. Although I will continue looking.  :(

I believe that each AAA, Mojo or Safari hyaenodon has its own artistic license. I honestly like the safari hyaenodon more, I see it less static than the other versions of that figure.

I will have all of them--such an important animal in its time, and so uncommon as a figure (I have a couple of other small ones, but that's about it for them!).

And, I guess, you could technically count the two Mojo paint versions as separate--I have the early, solid brown one. Not sure if I need to track down the stripey one as well!

Ceratosaurus

Kind of new to collecting dinosaur figures. Received my first triceratops in the mail over the holidays. One of my favorites so far.

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

docronnie

What a beautiful Triceratops, Gartner13 ... Congratulations!  ^-^

What I got recently ...

Colorata Brachiosaurus - 2003

Safari Ltd.Wild Safari Coelacanth - 2010

Kenner Jurassic Park Series 1 Alan Grant - 1993

Happy New Year Everyone!  Wishing you all more blessings in the coming year!  ;) ^-^
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

IrritatorRaji

Ooh, nice finds! I'm not a massive fan of prehistoric marine life but the Safari Coelacanth is awesome!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: