You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyscrasia

Some stuff from Takara Tomy, Papo, Battat, Rebor, and Safari that has arrived recently.

Shonisaurus

First of all discrasia congratulations for the new addictions of figures to your collection. The photos are magnificent!  :)

Yesterday I received the package with the velociraptors of Rebor and I can affirm that they are magnificent. I overlook the other figures of Safari whose figures I have spoken with praise.

Good collection of figures.

In my case it was for me a final Christmas gift the velociraptors "Gunn and Rose". Hopefully this year Rebor surprises us with even better figures than last year.

Jose S.M.

Wow that's a big and really nice haul.

PhilSauria

Yeah, some nice additions there, and if you are anything like a lot of us collectors you'll be wondering where you are going to fit them! Good to see more actual images of the new Safaris, I have the Triceratops on order from Amazon, couldn't wait the couple of months quoted before they surface here. That Dimetrodon is definitely a lot darker than the promo images, underlining the value of seeing actual product shots.

Nanuqsaurus

My sister was in France for almost half a year, and she found some Papo's there for me! :D I know they're not super special or something, but I didn't have them yet so they're a welcome addition to my collection!

Dilophosaurus:

Polacanthus:

Kaprosuchus:

sauroid

Nanuqsaurus: for me they are special. very cool Papos you just got.

and that's an awesome haul Dyscrasia

will post my christmas/recent-ish haul tomorrow.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

MLMjp

Very nice hauls everyone!

As for me, the three wise kings brought me something yesterday:

The magnificent Safari Giganotosaurus (Finally!), CollectA´s deluxe 1:40 Deinocheirus, a cute little Kentrosaurus from the same brand, and the Safari Psittacosaurus.

Reptilia

@Dyscrasia: congrats on getting the Rebor raptor couple and the Papo Dimorphodon, I still miss all of them.

@Nanuqsaurus: I'd say the Kaprosuchus is special, a magnificent crocodilian from Papo. Dilophosaurus is great too, so excellent additions overall.

Dyscrasia

Thank you all for the kind words  ;D

I have recently ordered 8 more Battat Tera dinosaur figures (local store had them for sale).

docronnie

Quote from: Dyscrasia on January 08, 2018, 03:18:37 AM
Thank you all for the kind words  ;D

I have recently ordered 8 more Battat Tera dinosaur figures (local store had them for sale).

Congratulations in advance! 🎉
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

PhilSauria

Latest items to land on the front step, a couple of books and a couple of figures. The Dino Atlas, though aimed at a younger audience, presents a lot of current paleo facts in stylised but accurate fashion in a series of foldout pages. Recommended. Besides Dinosaurs I am also fasciinated by marine reptiles and the second book has been on my watch list for a while, an as-new copy coming up at a good price recently. The figures came my way via a fellow DTF member (thanks again!). The Bullyland Diatryma expands my fledgling flock of Terror Birds to three now, while the Sega Seismosaurus just had to have a makeover! Not a fan of the factory issue all over bright aqua colour scheme it sported on arrival. While I'd be the first to admit that I'm no Martin G., I much prefer the Raul Martin inspired repaint that I've now given it.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Cool new additions, guys!

Here's my latest haul:

I also got the Invicta Stenonychosaurus I've wanted for quite some time now:

In addition, my new camera arrived today which I used to take the second photo. My old one was dying and hardly worked as it should have; it makes taking pictures a lot easier!
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

sauroid

very cool new hauls everyone!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

The famous troodon was a premonition of how dinosaurs with removable bases would make companies like Kinto Favorite and to a more precise degree Kaiyodo Dinotales to give two examples.

Thanks for the photos Pachyrhinosaurus are magnificent.

BrontoScorpio

Usualy I am not a big fan of SIDESHOW Dinosauria -
I find many of their statues to be disturbing and grim :
The Carnivores are too ferocious and the Herbivores are all seem to be having a rough time -
they have this expression of constant agony on their faces, like they go through realy hard life.
moreover, some are presented as too fat ( and even seem to be aware of it .. :) ).
In general, one may say that many of their statues are just too big and/or too scary to be positively accepted into a private home.

That is why I have been searching in candles, with no avail, for a very long time,  for this particular statue : A pair of nesting/courting Dilophosaurs Diorama.

I find it very plesent to the eye :
In contrast to most other SIDESHOW dinos and unlike most cases where a Dilophosaurus is displayed with gaping mouth, open claws, and burning eyes -
You can appreciate the calm and peaceful manner in which those two animals conduct themselves :
Like two big birds gently staring at each other, in a most lovely Diorama scene.
I think this is one of the rarest of the SIDESHOW Dinosauria statues and I'm very happy to have finally gotten a hold of it.

Take a look :

sauroid

these two Dilophosaurus are posed like real animals instead of the usual SS snarling awesomebro-ish movie monster like figures.
congrats. they are beautiful.

ITdactyl

Awesome.
Yes, they are indeed a very elegant couple.

ceratopsian

That is a superb find.  I'm not familiar with this diorama.  You have summed up the mood perfectly.

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 12, 2018, 01:45:01 PM
Usualy I am not a big fan of SIDESHOW Dinosauria -
In contrast to most other SIDESHOW dinos and unlike the most cases where a Dilophosaurus is displayed with gaping mouth, open claws, and burning eyes -
You can appreciate the calm and peaceful manner in which those two animals conduct themselves :
Like two big birds gently staring at each other, in a most lovely Diorama scene.

IrritatorRaji

I'm not usually a fan of SS Dioramas either, but I agree, the Dilophosaurus pair is their best, next to their Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus. It feels so natural and calm. Dinosaurs weren't always super highly active and fierce, I'm pretty sure they found time to relax :)

IrritatorRaji

Got some pretty cool Papo repaints off of Ebay! I don't usually care much for Papo's Rex and Spino, but I loved these repaints, I'm so happy to have them :D

Also, with the Rex, I'd usually avoid something with such a bold and unnatural colour scheme, but it just looked really interesting, I prefer this 'rainbow rex' to Papo's actual rainbow rexes

Also, the seller was incredibly kind as to throw in a free gift! A little JP (Lost World?) finger puppet. Luckily for me I collect old JP toys, so this was much appreciated! :D

I don't know if the seller is intent on selling more repaints, they seems to just sell paintings for the most part, but if anyone wants to message them about it they're name on Ebay is ligerpaing :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: