You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

You can buy them now? ? ?  Where?! :O They look great!

PhilSauria

I have the Iguanodon and Mapusaurus on lay by at Mini Zoo, should have them in hand middle of next month - but they look great. The Mapu is much bigger than I thought. I do actual size printouts of the image to better gauge what I'll be getting and I was (pleasantly) surprised at the size of that one. As I have said before - not a fan of minis; these animals must have been awesome in life -to say the least! - so I like figures that have a presence on display to in some way reflect that, and these look like they have that factor going for them. That Dunk looks like it could easily swallow any competition whole!

Jose S.M.

Great figures, I think the Iguandon might be my favorite CollectA figure ever.

ceratopsian

The Iguanodon is indeed impressive.

Roselaar

Very nice! I was wondering when these would finally drop, but here they are. :)

Reptilia

Didn't think they were arriving so soon, last year it wasn't until march that the first Collectas started popping up in people's collections. Those images confirm my first impressions, Iguanodon and Dunkleosteus are top class models. I'd like to see how they scale up with the deluxe Styracosaurus or Kronosaurus from the 2017 line-up.

Faelrin

Those CollectA figures are looking so nice. Sadly I might have to push it back for when I get these (the Iguanodon maybe, and definitely the Dunkleosteus), along with any other potential model purchases from Papo, Safari Ltd, etc, since most of my collecting spending is going to be towards that Mattel JW line this year (and possibly the next Beasts of the Mesozoic kickstarter, if it hits this year), and I really don't want to overdo the spending in one year for collectibles, and I already spent a lot on the remaining BotM accessory packs.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

I should be getting my box from Minizoo tomorrow! Thanks for the pics, Boki!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Reptilia on February 20, 2018, 11:07:52 PM
Didn't think they were arriving so soon, last year it wasn't until march that the first Collectas started popping up in people's collections. Those images confirm my first impressions, Iguanodon and Dunkleosteus are top class models. I'd like to see how they scale up with the deluxe Styracosaurus or Kronosaurus from the 2017 line-up.

Also found these :

sauroid

the new CollectA Iguanodon always reminds me of the old Kaiyodo dino tales one.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

The new CollectAs are pretty good.  But the true beauties are in the background of the first picture.  Those monochrome ones,  the Stegosaurus and the Sauropod!

postsaurischian

I have to admit that the Dunkleosteus isn't the bad figure I thought when I saw the stock image.
You make it look good, Boki. Well done!

Shonisaurus

I am excited to see the new mapusaurus from Collecta, I had seen it in Collecta 2018 thread but I see that it is very cool and very well made. Sincerely, I would like you to do all the Collecta theropods with more conservative colors in terms of painting the skull. On the other hand, that double chin on his neck favors him a lot. He's a great figure.  8)

The dunkleosteus looks better than its promotional figure and that reddish-brown tone gives it a new image, very different from the ones used by dinosaur toy companies. It is another great figure.  :)

The mantellisaurus and the sciurumimus are well the bad thing is that they are of standard size. Nice figures but the only defect they have is their size.  :D

As for the iguanodon, the star figure of the group is for me the best this year has done Collecta comparable to its great dimorphodon and styracosaurus.  8)

Paleodude

Got really lucky while perusing Craigslist and found a lot of Invicta (Tyrannosaurus, Diplodocus, Brachiosaurus, Mammoth, and Glyptodon) with what I think is the original box they came in along with the oldschool Carnegie Collection Diplodocus for only $20. As my first few from the set the scale of the Brachiosaurus surprised me to say the least.

suspsy

My order from Minizoo arrived today! Expect some reviews in future!

Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 21, 2018, 08:11:12 AM
The new CollectAs are pretty good.  But the true beauties are in the background of the first picture.  Those monochrome ones,  the Stegosaurus and the Sauropod!

Too true! There's a Tyrannosaurus there as well.. ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 21, 2018, 08:11:12 AM
....... the true beauties are in the background of the first picture.  Those monochrome ones,  the Stegosaurus and the Sauropod!

I second that! The large Marx Stegosaurus is still on my want-list.

Theropodavid

Got these two beauties today...

...and some used books during the last weeks

PhilSauria

Nice to see some books going up lately, I may add some to future collection thread posts. Have not seen that 'Sue' one before, may have to look into that. I picked up the brown Raptor last year as part of a trade, only later learning that it seems to be something of a sought-after item these days.

Lanthanotus

Most recent haul.... I had the opportunity to purchase a lot of discontinued Bullyland and Safari figures for good prices. Most of those figures are already in my collection, so most of them are ment for trade and soon can be found in my sales & trades thread.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: