You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

wow congrats on those old Bullylands! (and Schleich desmatosuchus) :o
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

That's a great haul Lanthanotus! Also @theropodavid, really nice books and I like the Carnotaurus very much.

Shonisaurus

They are beautiful figures that do not pass the years. In relation to the prehistoric mammals of Bullyland were my first figures of mammals without exception the glytodon and mammoth of Invicta and the prehistoric mammals of safari missing links and smilodon of Carnegie, with the difference that some of them were new in the modern toy market if we except companies like Starlux, Marx or others.

The arizonasaurus and batrachonomus of Bullyland I still have them in my shelves. What I did not know was that the Cambrian Safari sea creatures were now sold in bags.  :o

The prehistoric tree is another of my outstanding pieces that I have in my permanent exhibition of my home.

Schleich's desmatosuchus was one of my favorite figures of that company along with edmontonia and shonisaurus among others, as for the invertebrates of Bullyland you have Lanthanotus more than I have since the version of trilobite with painted eyes I do not have it in my collection , I have the first version of that company.

I congratulate you in the end Lanthanotus for these acquisitions. I'm glad you've increased your collection.  :)

Theropodavid

Got two awesome poster and postcards from https://www.naturkundemuseum-shop.de/dinosaurier/.

Our forum member PlesiosaurusNessy gave me the figures you can see on the Tyrannosaurus skull and the little book on the Archaeopteryx, too. Thank you! <3
The BluRay was a gift of an ebayseller I was in contact with to buy the Papo Carnotaurus and Velociraptor.

I love you, dinosaur community.

Amazing book.
The artwork is beautiful in a unique way.

PlesiosaurusNessy

@Theropodavid: W O W !!! Fantastic photos, ultra cool posters, postcards and books, really super!
I am very happy, that you like the 4 dinosaurs and the little book!
Further happy collecting !!!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Theropodavid on February 24, 2018, 05:23:40 PM
Got two awesome poster and postcards from https://www.naturkundemuseum-shop.de/dinosaurier/.....
That museum is high on my list of places to visit.  Good catch of items!

paintingdinos

That's an impressive haul, Theropodavid! The book is especially cool, Larry Felder's paleoart has heaps of character.

Received my first ever order from DeJankins today. A few things are for my personal collection, and a few to repaint. A bunch of Spinos to practice on in preparation for the big boy.

sauroid

really awesome hauls everyone.
*im still waiting for a lot of stuff to arrive*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

PhilSauria

These arrived this week, the Fave Spinosaurus completing my Soft Model collection and the Dunkleosteus taking me to the halfway point (four out of eight) in the Fave Prehistoric Life series. Wasn't fussed about the Spino for quite a while but when it became the last one needed for completion of this set I ordered it and I must say it's not too bad now that I have it standing in front of me. How often does that happen? Seems I lucked out with a good one - stands okay and no warped jaw, issues I've seen people have with this one. Wouldn't label myself a completest but when the range comprises less than twenty figures in the case of the sets I now have in their entirety (Kinto and Favorite) completion is possible. Helps that I like all of the figures. The Archelon may cost me to get all of the PL range in hand though.

sauroid

the S2 Favorite Spinosaurus is the best looking "outdated" Spino figure. mine can also stand without its base.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on March 02, 2018, 10:16:50 AM
the S2 Favorite Spinosaurus is the best looking "outdated" Spino figure. mine can also stand without its base.

It's certainly better than the original Kinto soft model orange one...but I have that one, and I still love it!

sauroid

Quote from: SBell on March 02, 2018, 01:51:06 PM
It's certainly better than the original Kinto soft model orange one...but I have that one, and I still love it!
i have it and love it too, it's charming in all its fruity orange color.

Shonisaurus

The favorite spinosaurus that PhilSauria has acquired is fabulous, I like the Favorite company very much. My spinosaurus, along with the rest of the Favorite figures, I have in charge of Brett, who will come with me together with the two Tyrannosaurus 2018 (two color versions) of Kaiyodo in the middle of the year in June. Since in my case I prefer to wait to buy them all.

I congratulate you PhilSauria.  :)

Libraraptor

Just ordered a Painted Marx Plateosaurus from the 60's. There are various other species on ebay Germany If you look for  "Massefigur Dinosaurier" there.  I was told they are quite cheap.  But I can not afford them all. Good luck!

CityRaptor

Nice!

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 08, 2018, 12:33:36 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on February 07, 2018, 11:35:53 PM
No, I just collect Ixalan Dinosaur cards, although given how much junk one gets with every booster instead, I might stop.
A lot of stores that sell Magic cards also sell used ones, so you can probably sell them back or at least get some value in trade for new decks.

Sadly the ones near me don't.

Quote from: Katieraptor on February 08, 2018, 04:13:11 AM
The easiest way to do it is to go to an online site that sells magic cards and buy the singles you want.

Thanks for the info. Of course given all the other stuff coming out this year, I think I'll focus on that instead.

Anyways, my recent hauls:

Found the book at Aldi Süd when shopping for grocerys. Despite being a children's book, it got some really nice and often up to date illustrations. No pronated hands, Edmontosaurus with fleshy crest, short-legged, semi-aquatic Spinosaurus etc. Of course there are some errors, like Psittacosaurus being blue and Deinonychus lacking primary feathers, but it is mostly nicely illustated. Well, expect for 4 or so activity pages.
Got a set of Plesiosaurs on eBay. Schleich Classics Schwimmsaurier, Bullyland Plesiosaurus and Elasmosaurus, Panini Elasmosaurus and Kellog's Plesiosaurus. I plan to at least keep the Schleich and Bullylands. Sadly I got outbid on a set including a Marx Kronosaurus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Lovely bunch of retro Plesiosaurs! :)

Quen

My new additions include my first order from DeJankins, my first Shapeways figure, a second version of one of my favorite figures, and the re-acquisition of a childhood favorite!

Jose S.M.

BlueKrono

Quen, what is that Shapeways figure?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Quen

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 04, 2018, 11:37:50 PM
Quen, what is that Shapeways figure?

It's RareBreed's Dicraeosaurus.

And thanks Jose!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: