You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Archosauria on April 11, 2018, 01:47:45 AM
Quote from: PhilSauria on April 11, 2018, 01:42:09 AM
Pricing is a funny thing - the supplier I referred to has a higher price on the Amarg than the Malawi, but only by a few dollars; which is odd given that one figure probably has about twice the bulk of the other.
That is strange!
If I were going to pick between the two, I'd probably choose the Amaragasaurus. It just seems more worth the money. It's bigger, bulkier, and I love the color scheme.

I honestly like the two safari sauropods this year almost equally on the one hand I like the amargasaurus because of its size and because for me it is well done and on the other hand the malawisaurus for its rarity and its conservative colors.

SBell

Quote from: PhilSauria on April 11, 2018, 01:42:09 AM
Pricing is a funny thing - the supplier I referred to has a higher price on the Amarg than the Malawi, but only by a few dollars; which is odd given that one figure probably has about twice the bulk of the other.

The Safari pricing is only $3 different--and retailers are required to follow Safari pricing at minimum; even with international it is still pretty necessary to ensure that pricing is roughly equivalent with exchanges.

My guess is something to do with production values. I'm thinking that models overall are going to keep increasing in price everywhere over the next few years.

Archosauria

If models keep increasing in price over the years, than I think it's only fair that our jobs start paying us more.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Nimravus

I made up my mind for the Malawisaurus because of the fact that it was a species not yet represented and because of the colours. It is true though that it is a bit expensive for its size
Honestly I don't like the two Amargasaurus issued this year, and I don't intend to add them to my collection.

Lanthanotus

Speaking of pricing.... I just received the PNSO Huanghetitan. A very nice figure and easily the biggest in my collection. However, it was a hard decision whether to go for this or not.... the box states that it was originally sold for 89,95 US$ (its printed on as on books, really weird) but it is available from like 30 $ on (excluding shipping). Being located in Germany, shipping is very pricey for this items and most likely a customs fee would apply which in Germany is calculated not only from the price for the item, but from the combined price for item and shipping. The only ohter option I know of is buying from the UK which I did, however, the price was set near the original level (60 Brit punds) with an additional 33 pounds for shipping and VATS, leaving me at a whooping 106 € "for the figure". I am still a bit torn if the figure is worth that, but I also have to say that I am impressed and that I really appreciate, that the figure is a most aweinspiring model aswell as a toy that may 4 yr old can handle and I need not have to fear any breakage.

The Malawisaurus, despite its comparable high price was a no brainer for me, it is one of the best sauropod figures out there hands down.

BlueKrono

The Huanghetitan is a delightful figure. I like almost everything about it - the impressive size, the durable material, and the low weight. The paint job is a little lacking, but I couldn't bring myself to repaint it after the amount I paid for it.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BrontoScorpio

I admit I had my sinfull thought about aquiring the large vinyl PNSOs - but, luckily I neglected those all together.
On a 2nd thought - I believe I would get tired of their sheer size and cheep apperance after a month or so -
and be left with nothing to do about it :  they are too big to store or to sell on by mail.

so, I stayed loyal to the moderate size PVC PNSO models - and I have to say I like them better every day.

paintingdinos

A big thank you to user Halichoeres for selling me this lovely critter  :)

I love Sideshow's statues, and couldn't pass this one up (even without the base!)

Mini Minmi

OH wow! It's so beautiful! The sculpt, the shape, the paint... Congrats!

Jetdin

took me more than a year to decide on wether to purchase the PNSO huanghetitan or not. i even bought the sean cooper argentinosaurus so that i wouldnt feel like buying the huanghetitan.
but i did just buy it recently in the end and i was really really impressed! the model is downright huge. and really detailed. my biggest reason to not buy it was the shiny finish but apprently the one i got was all matte!
the material ita made of is also very very durable even though its hollow

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the information that Jetdin has given me when commenting that the material is durable. I'm thinking of buying the hollow PNSO models of prehistoric animals. Figures representing the carcharodon megalodon and basilosaurus are very rare in the toy market and even some unpublished.

I forgot, I congratulate you on your recent acquisition. I'm glad you like it.

mgaguilar

I know they're not too popular here, but just getting back into my collection, and celebrating my birthday, I had to splurge a bit.
My newbies over the past month!

Noiselessx

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 12, 2018, 07:20:42 PM
I know they're not too popular here, but just getting back into my collection, and celebrating my birthday, I had to splurge a bit.
My newbies over the past month!

Awesome stuff, I was also thinking of getting pretty much ever T-rex figure out there.
I am a dino geek who rediscovered his passion for collecting figures yet again.

Jose S.M.

That's a lot of rexes! ^-^ great stuff.

Shonisaurus

It is a coven of tyrannosaurus rex.  :)

Metaphorically they need a sacrificial victim in this case would be good a hadrosaur or a triceratops.  >:D

Mini Minmi

Happy birthday mgaguilar! And you'll get no complaints from me, I am also a big T Rex fan, JP or not. That's a really great gang you have there. Enjoy!

Minmiminime

They look amazing together :)) That's an excellent collection! Happy birthday ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Happy mgaguilar birthday!  :)

Now seriously, enjoy your event. Today is your day.  :))

ceratopsian

Happy birthday mgaguilar!  And of course it doesn't matter whether they're popular here or not - it's your collection!

PhilSauria

Yeah, nice collection. There is certainly no shortage of examples of this animal out there to collect, enough to keep the rex completest going for years, or until they run out of cash! Of course quality does vary - but I agree with the comment above; collect what you like. You're only here once so don't worry too much about about the tastes of others, we all have different things we look for in the figures we buy so go for it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: