News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

Quote from: Dinomike on May 22, 2018, 09:56:40 PM

I'm really tempted to get one of these Jurassic World T. rexes. However, there are too many versions to choose from. I'm thinking about repainting the rex to be more screen accurate...but that's if I get one. My wallet says 'NO' atm.

For cheapness's sake, I'd say the chompin' rex. She's got quite a bit of bang for the buck, eh? She doesn't feel cheap at all.  ^-^

Anyway... UGGGHHH I finally got some money myself but Friar Tuck over here was just calling out to me... ;)

Great size for the price!! Now this feels like a good fit for a proper adult Pachy!

Jose S.M.

Lovely pachy! I think it's way better than the Hasbro one.

MLMjp

Lovely Pachycephalosaurus, avatar_Dilopho @Dilopho.

As for me I just got on the mail this Beauty. Mattel did not make one and this dinosaur cannot be missing in a JP/JW collection:

Dilopho

Oh, agreed,.....I wish I could find that one! Such a beauty!!

Jose S.M.

It's a consolation knowing that even when Mattel didn't gave Para some love, there's one that make the dinosaur justice,at least from a JP point of view. I actually think that that's not only a great JP Para, it's a nice Parasaurolophus in general. Congratulations on getting it!

Faelrin

I am really regretting not getting one of these sooner. So many listings are up to $40 when I distinctly remember it going for about $20 when I checked a few years ago. Maybe it's just because of the new movie and merch hype that it has gone up (age and the fact it really is the only JP para out there aside)? I guess I'll just have to keep checking until I can find one that's a bit more affordable for me.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Atokensis

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. The iguanodon of Papo is very favored. I am totally sure that it is much better to see it physically than in photographs or videos.

On the other hand therizinosaurus is huge and magnificent. A work of art.

CityRaptor

Great additions, everyone!

Quote from: Faelrin on May 23, 2018, 08:53:08 PM
it really is the only JP para out there
Actually not. Kenner made a die-cast one. And a hatchling for JP Series II Tim, a different hatchling came with with TLW's Ajay. Matchbox made on in their TLW series and Mattel a blindbag...so yeah, it is not the only one. Just the only big one. And of course there is the Paradeinonychus...
I'm surprised that Papo did not base their Para on the JP one.

Well, finally got my first Mattel JW figure. It's not a T. rex!

The exvacation kit next to it is a Protoceratops. One of eight possible "fossils". I only took a pic of the packaging to show how much larger it is than the "fossil" itself. Details are not particularly good and there have been several bubbles during casting, leaving holes. So yeah, not the best quality. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Paleona

Love those Pachy pics, Dilopho, especially the last one! ^-^ Looks like a great figure.

And congrats on the LW Para, MLMjp! I didn't realize they'd gone up so much in price. One of my favorite JP toys for sure~

Faelrin

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor Sorry, I probably should have specified that it's really the only large/in scale action figure one, since you are right about all those others out there as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dilopho

Quote from: Paleona on May 24, 2018, 09:10:13 PM
Love those Pachy pics, Dilopho, especially the last one! ^-^ Looks like a great figure.
Thank you! It is a great figure. It's a good Pachycephalosaurus in general, too!  ^-^

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you ceratosaurus for your collection of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals, the therizinosaurus and iguanodon of Papo are fabulous, the parasaurolophus of Collecta is for me one of my favorite hadrosaurs and the Trogontheri mammoth of Eofauna comes out in genius. On the other hand the Safari pachyrhinosaurus made by Doug is like your your ceratopsid is the best thing that has been done in the toy market.

Tylosaurus

Hey all I just bought the most Derpy yet cute Speeno out there< this one from Colorata, from Japan :)
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/352186709509?ViewItem=&item=352186709509

He's gonna be placed on my couch / sofa next to my IKEA dragon :)
The reason on why I call Spino's as Speeno's or Spoons is because that are nick names they got in PC games like Primal Carnage Extinction & The Isle
Thus that kind of gotten to me as well :)

Dilopho

Look at him...such a good boy...such a pure bean...  O:-)

IrritatorRaji

Mini Minmi

Colorata has a few cute dinosaurs. They're doubly tempting because I also collect stuffed animals. Congrats! That Speeno is adorable.

Paleona

Nice to see others like plushies, too! That guy is so cute!

Tylosaurus

Yaaaas doh :3 I was like REEEEE when I found him  xD

Colorata also has super sized ones they are like 70 to 80CM tall, still something I gotta do some day hah xD
The idea is to create a siting club of derpy dino's on my sofa, this is a good start  already :)

The next one will be this cute and Derpy Allo :3

My buddy Blade-of-The-Moon would love one of these I think xD
Hay Chris check him out  xD

This is a new way of collecting dino's for me and I'll see what comes my way after this  8)
And thanks everyone for your kind replies :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: